Autosalon Circuit Battle

nfi

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

muahaha you aint driving my car again Pete I saw the in-car video remember :D I reckon it would be classic for you to roll up in the 31...compared to some of those mega $ rice buckets.

Either John's Zed or Russell's GTR would be the best, they are both around 1.06. Or even better Neil's capri would kill them both.

Has John in the Zed entered?  I wonder of that black WRX from the Car shootout will come good with the 1:04s that he easily does?

I threw my hat in the ring today. One lap would be crap though but I guess this is not actually definite??

Just a good excuse for a big burnout as you leave the pits...:P

Yeah go Roy. Any date or did I miss this as could not see anywhere mentioned? Teh start of the thread they mentioned one lap only, that would be really silly and potentially dangerous as tyres cold and there would be a lot of down time fetching WRX's out fo the sand or tyre wall. As they say beware of the first and last lap and if only one then double trouble.

I just applied as well.

I even put a PS in to invite you Fatz because you have a better chance than my 190rwkw stock looking s15 and would make for some good reading!

Plus I reckon you would be such a stark contrast to the typical Autosalon crowd it would just be good to watch. :P

Boosted Zed: Someone confirmed on one of the pages that you do get more than one go.

A go consists of a warm up lap, timed lap and a cool down lap. It doesn't give you a chance to get into a rhythm which is a big part of racing but I guess it will provide a challenge.

Yeah John you'll get a number of attempts but each attempt will be just a single timed lap - not like a normal super sprint. Basically the same principle as recent F1 qualifying or the V8 top 10 shootout.

As for a date - it doesn't say anywhere. Hopefully it's later in the year so I can make my car a little healthier.

ok i just watched the video troy posted and i take it all back. that guy was absolutely clueless. pull the piss out of every car??? he got ripped by a hatcback of some kind FFS. and he only ever passed anyone on the straight. i would have loved to have seen a rear view angle because i bet for 9/10ths of a each lap there was a queue of pissed off daewoo drivers behind him getting sick of being held up by a 500+hp GTR...

pull the piss out of every car??? he got ripped by a hatcback of some kind FFS.

Current generation Civic Type-R, that they only sell in Europe funnily enough (I think its made in Britain). The current mini-van shape with a detuned 2.0L Integra Type-R engine.

Its not a slow car, but as I said it looks near stock.

I hope I qualify with my paint job?? Which means FATZ you might be watching.

One timed lap is going to be interesting, bad enough in a Super Sprint with three timed laps. Most of the guys that will go to this will have little to no track experience and try and throw everything at one lap and over cook it for sure and spin off. Big power, stock brakes, cold tyres, bling paint job, sand trap bound. Towies should do well. I submit that there would be more over all laps and less down time with at least two timed laps with a warm up and cool down. I have offered the guys running this event my input to help it run well. I have asked for a date but nothing yet. If a date is not already set then may not be any available as I know Wakefield is fully booked for ALL Sundays this year and only a few Saturday's if any. They might change to Oran which would be good and may be better for spectators.

Also they let me know no slicks aloud so will have to get the wallet out for some new semi slicks, prob do same time as my worn second hand slicks I use anywyay.

Where is the link if any with info?

oi you picking on daewoos bitch? who wouldn't get overtaken by a 'woo?

good luck nfi :rolleyes:

Thanks. You should apply Duncan... You've got a few cars to choose from. I think your experience would get you a drive.

John: I reckon your a sure thing. I would be very surprised to find out they do not want a 465kwatw 300 that can do 1.06's round wakefield. You would make them look good to even draw a car like yours to the event. Let alone your experience in running track days.

Infact, Snowman I would rate you pretty highly with an r34 gtr and roy you have 240rwkw in an r32... Thats a weapon. I'm going to need a miracle to get in! :D

ful sik

semi slick john ya pussy

goin me in the 5 bux from the local lebo tyre shop... 16 inches of love on each rim supersprint

why waste money on rubber when you need it to put petrol in the car

lol

Edited by fatz

Thanks. You should apply Duncan... You've got a few cars to choose from. I think your experience would get you a drive.

John: I reckon your a sure thing. I would be very surprised to find out they do not want a 465kwatw 300 that can do 1.06's round wakefield. You would make them look good to even draw a car like yours to the event. Let alone your experience in running track days.

Infact, Snowman I would rate you pretty highly with an r34 gtr and roy you have 240rwkw in an r32... Thats a weapon. I'm going to need a miracle to get in!  :rolleyes:

For the record I run around 370rwkw for track days, 450 plus is for the straight line thing with guard rails. I eat R34 GTR at the track especially black ones. Waiting for Paul ........................................ She does have a lot of GTR parts though.

You put your name down Roy? Woud be good to see you out there again as your silver under dog used to go hard and give a few R33's and even some GTR's a hurry up.

By the way this was me last time at Wakefield trying to go flat out through the kink. Won't do that again. Found out late from Gary Wilmington the V8 Super Cars brake well before the kink. Went flying off the end of the straight as could not get round turn one and that bloke that is always there with the bucket of dirt and grass waiting to throw it in my window.

JPzeddirt.jpg

JPZeddirtcloud.jpg

Might go back to Beer Baron Training. Kick back and take it a bit easier. NOT!!!