SAU Community

Autosalon Circuit Battle

nfi

I think Duncan does most of Wakefield in 3rd gear. Obviously uo hit 4th on the straight...but i actually shift up from 3rd to 4th a lot more then Duncan, where he just holds 3rd gear. Well that was in the std R33 GTS25T anyway.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Duncan does most of Wakefield in 3rd gear. Obviously uo hit 4th on the straight...but i actually shift up from 3rd to 4th a lot more then Duncan, where he just holds 3rd gear.  Well that was in the std R33 GTS25T anyway.

And you the king of the rev limiter. Musta been someone elses car :P

There is footage of me spearing off at turn 2 of wakefield as i quickly pluck what i think is 4th gear trying to do a fancy 5-4 then 4-3 down change...it was actually 2nd ...poor RB20 ;)

It was funny, "this one time, at Wakfield.... i put my car in the mud/dirt that often at the end of the day i had tuffs of grass in the wipers, under the rear boot spoiler" It was a wet day at Wakefield, and with the exception of Duncan and me, there was only one other car on the track (a ute)

It was a good opportunity to lose the car on every corner and convince myself that i am a hack driver and sure as sh1t no drifter :)

Might come down with pom-poms and all and cheer you guys on since its less than an hour away when they finally chose a date... nothing better than seeing skylines give it to everything else... or suck due to crappy drivers... or just blow up, any of the above options work for me though :huh:

Someone mentioned handicap. I can see it now they are going to make me drag an anchor.

Gears at Wakefield. I used to change to fifth down straigth but now on rev limiter just after finish line and hold it then brake just before the kink. V8 Supercars brake well before the kink.

I do ten changes and gear box with big power and high revs is problem sometimes, and miss gears also. Phitzner Dog Box on the list as probably a second or more faster in time with this alone as much faster changing, especially changing up.

Email I received from organiser is extended until end of Feb. Wondering why if they have 400 plus entries as someone said?

This is hopless; 10 pages of dribble and so far we only know of one person who looks to have been accepted. So they are still taking entries?

Oh well fingers crossed that means the day may be in April some time.

Sooo...the date hasn't even been set yet? Good;that gives me time to get my huge sticker kit and 10 inch lowering gear for the 120Y so I'm at least a shot for Hair Salon Sir-Cut Battle Frenzy OMG-thats-fulsik competition...

Someone mentioned handicap.  I can see it now they are going to make me drag an anchor.

That was me. I was just hoping there would be handicaps so I have a chance.

It doesn't matter now as snowman mentioned that there will be two classes for race cars and street cars so I doubt you would have to carry weight.

Otherwise to make your car do similar times to mine you would have to put roof racks on your car and strap another car to your roof.