SAU Community

Autosalon Circuit Battle

nfi

Yeh a date would be good. If its in 2 weeks time i will struggle, If its in 6 weeks time, no prob. If its in 4 months time then i mayhave a few extra tricks on my car :rolleyes:

And the one lap thing will help cars i think. I know if its only one lap i will ahve a better chance, as the cars with serious brakes, coolign systems will be able to get a better go at a quicker time. With stockish brakes and coolign system, and std engine, i cna give it 1.4bar for one lap and its will be a good chance of holding together :D

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You put your name down Roy?  Woud be good to see you out there again as your silver under dog used to go hard and give a few  R33's and even some GTR's  a hurry up.

Yeh im down...im expecting them to only invite 10-12 cars, and would expect the base lap time to be about 1:09s or better, so doubt i will get a look in.

It would be interesting if there was a "Workshop Car" class, street car class etc. The i may have a chance...but right now if i make it i will just have to lay back and be the village idiot :rolleyes:

Ahh 1 lap would kinda help those who have dropped by before. I think you'll find the serious ricers will find someone to drive the car for them, and I bet the open day before will be full of people practicing.

John, Dunlop DZ02J are the tyres of choice, or some of those purty Pirelli Corsas if you cant get the dunlops big enough

Or if you are really serious and its less than 3 laps at a time, Bridgestone re55s wets would be the go

Ok - apparently I'm in :D

They had 420 entries and they are culling them down to 30 cars. There is 2 classes - race class and street class. So - street registered cars V's full race cars. There was also a huge % of GTR's entered and they want to try and mix up the types of cars as much as possible.

Also they are looking at doing it "mid March" which is the only issue since I'm already committed to doing the Calder Rally Masters on March 11-12. But apparently it will be a 2 day event as well with basically practise sessions given to everyone with lots of cars on the track and multiple laps before they settle down to the day of single timed laps.

Ok - apparently I'm in :D

They had 420 entries and they are culling them down to 30 cars. There is 2 classes - race class and street class. So - street registered cars V's full race cars. There was also a huge % of GTR's entered and they want to try and mix up the types of cars as much as possible.

Also they are looking at doing it "mid March" which is the only issue since I'm already committed to doing the Calder Rally Masters on March 11-12. But apparently it will be a 2 day event as well with basically practise sessions given to everyone with lots of cars on the track and multiple laps before they settle down to the day of single timed laps.

OK sounds good and los of GTR's to play with. 420 entries that is huge.

Yep Dunlops good although cost. Depends on time of year if winter maybe the RE55 as sound like softer.

The Ice Supra is coming too. I heard all my details through Nige who spoke to these guys last night. Apparently the rest of us that have been selected will be informed via mail by the end of next week.

Image16.jpg

Hey my car was in HPI way back. Only bling on my beast is bonus of function. I know what you mean though some bling cars are slower than stock cars in fact especially with good driver.

Sounding like a good show with some tough cars. Will see when the rubber hits it.

I remember that day at Sandown, Snowie (the Ice Supra pic). The Ricebucket was pissing oil everywhere and it went all up the side of my nice 33 in right of pic :)

No love for 33's Pete, it's not a slider's battle; now where's my sump dammit? :P Maybe Drunken can bring it as cabin luggage next time he's down.