SAU Community

What is the Greddy e-manage?

ed

Alright, everythings been sorted.

I disconnected the battery and went through the harness connections. The original loom was not screwed in tightly so I did this up. I also went through the wires and found that all were fine. Reconnected the battery and fired her up. Took her for a spin and shifts were perfect again.

It actually felt smoother than before the eManage. I think that I should have reset the ecu after installing the shift kit as well! Anyways, so far so good with the eManage but still early days. I'll post up the condition of my coils when I change the spark plugs next. I've got a set of backup Splitfires in case they melt.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey has anyone purchased a 'dud Emanage' before? I've had my Emanage 'collecting dust' for ages as well and recently got off my ass to get it installed. 800 simoleans later I was told that the Emanage unit that I got was a dud, and that I should return it to Japan. Lucky I kept the warranty and it was still valid!

"Games don't affect people. If Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms munching on pills and listening to repetitive music!"

• 4 weeks later...

How do you mean by it being a dud mate? It didn't work or it wasn't functioning properly?

Has anybody come across problems when actually tuning the unit. I just got the unit (haven't installed yet) and when speaking to the tuner I was going to take it to he said he's had nothing but problems with the emanage. Said it doesn't do what you tell it to do.

But that lead me to believe that maybe the ones he had experience with was buggy (last one he did was a few months ago - so hopefully firmware is better now?) or maybe because he can't tune it properly? But surely if you can tune PFC's well you should be able to tune an emanage right?

So do you guys think maybe it was software?

Hey has anyone purchased a 'dud Emanage' before? I've had my Emanage 'collecting dust' for ages as well and recently got off my ass to get it installed. 800 simoleans later I was told that the Emanage unit that I got was a dud, and that I should return it to Japan. Lucky I kept the warranty and it was still valid!

"Games don't affect people. If Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms munching on pills and listening to repetitive music!"

Perhaps he didn't know his way around the emanage well enough?

I haven't heard of a dud emanage but faulty units can be had from every manufacturer.

You can download the latest firmware for your emanage if you want.

The problem I've just found out with my Emanage was most likely related to firmware. I was told that one of the possible problems with it was that the Support Tool my tuner was using was of an older version than the Emanage. I even supplied a new support tool to them and they didn't use it! I've got it sorted now, getting it back from Japan very shortly. Great way to spend 80 simoleans and 2 months waiting!

"Games don't affect people. If Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching on pills and listening to repetitive music."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well guys i have had my car at my tuners workshop for a week now. We cant seem to start the car using the ultimate. Wiring has been double checked and still it wont start firware has been updated jumpers have been set correctly and it still wont work. The ultimate communicates with the lap top the car just wont fire up??? HELP???

To top it off i have another unit that we tried installing on a 93 gto tt. That wont work either it does the same thing wont fire up??

Has anyone actually got or seen the ultimate working on any car???

Very intresting info here.......

In my Stagea Im using a ebc/sitc/safc combo with z32/fpr/pod/fmic/exhaust combo and got 160 4wkw, shifts arnt that great but will eventually do the MV actuator valve upgrade.

Tuner has said that when I hiflow I should be upping the injectors and getting a full ecu like an Autronic, spend a little bit more rather than go the eManage.

Has anyone got info they can share on Autronic's (Windows interface for the home tuner), and whether they'd be better / easier to use than a eManage?

Cheers, brendan

• 1 year later...

Hi was going to buy the emanage with ignition and injector harness.. But i no absolutley nothing about tunning or basicly anything to do with it. So would there be much point in me buy the software or just buy the hardware and get it installed and tuned. How hard would it be to install myself If I No nothing about it.. Also getting fmic soon so i would obviously get that installed before getting it tuned right.?

This is on a r33 manual

• 1 month later...

I have a manual R33 GTST SII, which is more or less stock engine wise. Upratede clutch, splitfires (originals arc'ed), turbo back exhaust & high flow cat.

I've got two goals:

1) Maintain as much 'factory quality' driveability as possible. IE economy when driving sedately, cold start, stable idle, AC & NVCS still working.

2) More power (duh!) I want an ECU (standalone/otherwise) that can take me up to ~280rwkw as I fit new parts. (basing that number on the strength of the RB25 bottom end). After that, I dunno if I'd spring for the bottom end rebuild to keep going.

I plan on getting a HKS GTRS or 3037, fuel pump/reg, FMIC plus associated bits.

Some questions:

1) Is there a maximum power this ECU can give, irrespective of the car? Or is it determine by what engine/parts combo it's presented with? If the Emanage can't go to 270-280rwkw at all, the following questions may not need answers...

2) I've read several times that the Emanage can only adjust the injectors up to 150% of original 150%. Does that mean that they will only do 150% of the stock injectors and that's IT, or does it mean that if I put in 555cc injectors, that 150% 'range' is larger again? My mechanic says I need 555cc for 280rwkw, so I need to figure this out, as I think 555cc is over the 350cc or whatever stock is.

3) I think earlier in this thread (or another, I've lost it now) I read that Greddy have plugin kits for the RB25DET. Is this true? I know that earlier on people were modifying the R33 GTR plugin units to suit RB25's... still necessary? I really hope it's just a plugin affair for the RB25.

4) The fried coilpacks problem: Assuming Revision E is the latest hardware, and using latest firmware/software combination, is this issue fixed? Or are people still making up home-made zener diode jobbies for the ignition harness?

The primary reasons I'm keener on EManage than the others:

PFC - don't wanna buy something so hard to obtain, still requires MAF

Motec > $$$$ for parts, $$$ for tune!

Autronic > $$$ & very involved tuning, preferred tuner (ACT) never installed/tuned one before (risky...).

Wolf - empty promises RE firmware functionality for every ECU released so far.

Microtech - $, 3 PMs I got talking about 300kms/tank and not batting an eyelid. WTF, I get 400 with 'easy' driving!

Haltech - $, Maybe ok, dunno how 'nice' engine will run vs factory though, involved tuning too.

If the Emanage can do the power I'm after (~300rwkw or thereabout, URAS got on his RB26, but then that's a different engine...), and it's as easy as everyone says to tune (when the wiring etc is done PROPERLY, re coilpacks etc), then I'll probably try it out, especially since it's relatively cheap compared to the other choices.

Can I get some definite answers to those questions?

Thanks.

a 33 with an ultimate that i have done a bit of work with made 251kw the other day with a 3037@16psi. it still runs stock injectors for now, new ones coming very soon. it makes life easier if you have a remapped ecu to piggyback it off as you don't have to fight rich/retard. you can just plug it in and tune.

as for the wolf, the software for the v500 is very good. i have it on the laptop.

the haltechs are pretty cheap now and pretty east to tune i think.

RE having a remapped ECU making life easier: What's the point of having the Emanage at all if you're best using it with a remapped stock ECU anyway? Do you mean that it gives you a headstart that gets you past the limits of the ECU's adjustments? Cos that's exactly what I want to know: based on a stock ECU+Emanage, how far can you go?

Just reading the manual for the Emanage now. For low impedance injectors, it says 'dropping resistors' are needed in the signal path between the ECU and the injectors. Could this be related to coilpacks getting fried? People just not putting the extra resistances in? Sounds like a similar effect to the guy who said he put zener diodes in - that's also stopping part of the voltage signal getting through to the coils.

• 4 weeks later...