SAU Community

What is the Greddy e-manage?

ed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys here is the news...I've hooked up the igniton harness with no problems. Each one of the signal wires going to the coils has had a 1W 3.3V Zener diode placed in series...REVERSED BIASED. Basically this means that any signal from the e-manage below 3.3V will not be able to go to the coils...meaning that there is NO idle current load on them. This also means that the 5V signal from the e-manage is actually 1.7V...much closer to the factory signal voltage (Zeners work by allowing only a voltage flow over what they are rated as....therfore 5v - 3.3v = 1.7v)

I've noticed no ill effects on the auto shifting...in fact it's improved for me as the CAS is now set back to it's factory position, with only the problem RPM points retarded.

I hope that for some of you this is good news.

Dan

OK guys here is the news...I've hooked up the igniton harness with no problems. Each one of the signal wires going to the coils has had a 1W 3.3V Zener diode placed in series...REVERSED BIASED. Basically this means that any signal from the e-manage below 3.3V will not be able to go to the coils...meaning that there is NO idle current load on them. This also means that the 5V signal from the e-manage is actually 1.7V...much closer to the factory signal voltage (Zeners work by allowing only a voltage flow over what they are rated as....therfore 5v - 3.3v = 1.7v)

I've noticed no ill effects on the auto shifting...in fact it's improved for me as the CAS is now set back to it's factory position, with only the problem RPM points retarded.

Dan

Sounds fantastic to me!

More kilowatts in th making!

Forgot to mention that the check engine light comes on when the harness is wired in, this is due to the ECU self-check on start-up. This can be eliminated by getting the GReddy e-manage ignition signal adaptor…as far as I know this is only applicable to the R34 and WGNC34.

This however doesn’t interfere with the performance of the car, just is annoying to see it on the whole time.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.htm

Another thing guys....the e-manage 100% allows the timing to be advanced...I know this has been a source of discussion as to how it does it....it just does :P

At Idle advancing 10 degrees there is a noticable change in pitch from the engine, retard 10 degrees and it reverts back to normal. Proving the "psychic" abilites of the e-manage to predict the timing and therefore advance it actually works!!!

It's actually most likely as someone suggested...running the timing a cylinder out and reordering it in the correct firing sequence....to mimic and advanced state.

Dan

Dan

Hi Dan, what does "with only the problem RPM points retarded" mean?

SK...my car is an N/A with a turbo bolted on....problem RPM points just reffered to the factory ECU...where the timing is a bit too agressive under boost. It's the odd RPM point through the MAP that needs to be retarded a tad.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
A little off topic but I remember reading in a magazine that Apexi are now making power fcs for auto chasers, so they must have come up with the know how to control the shifts.

Toyota shift logic is not the same as Nissans, not as good either :)

Additional bit of news...those who connect the ignition harness and find the engine check light stays on (R34 and WGNC34) The supplimental harness from Greddy works and prevents the light falsely turning on.

Wonder if that works on the R33 series 2 as well. I get the engine check light too now I have the ignition harness connected.

On another note I tried one of the new GReddy E-manage knock sensor adaptors the other day on my RB25......it didn't work. Just throws a knock sensor fault :rofl:

From trust's website.

GReddy e-manage Ignition signalAdapter 1  

The occasion where in vehicle (ER34 ・ WGNC34 and the like) of neostraight 6 the ignition harness of e-manage is installed, the factthat the check lamp of vehicle side lights up is preventedAdapterThe 。which is  

Each ignition signal input of e-manage (ECU side) to the line and theground the 。which wires  

To 6CH the 。which corresponds  

CODE: 15900906  

Price including tax: 1,890 tax removal price: 1,800  

mambastu....funny stuff I bought one of those knock harnesses too! Yeah it makes the timing retard more than ever...must just be the way the nissan ECU works.

The check engine light one is good though, I don't have that annoying orange thing glaring at me anymore :rofl:

It probably would work on the SII as it uses the same coil-packs.....

Thinking of getting emanage and Profec e-01 boost controller for my r32, how does this compare with a powerfc with hand controller and boost kit? The emanage with all options and the profece-01 work out to be cheaper than the special r32 gtst powerfc, with boost solenoid and handcontroller.

Thinking of getting emanage and Profec e-01 boost controller for my r32, how does this compare with a powerfc with hand controller and boost kit? The emanage with all options and the profece-01 work out to be cheaper than the special r32 gtst powerfc, with boost solenoid and handcontroller.

Hi xRHETTx, Emanage is an interceptor, it takes signals from the sensors and bends them, so the standard ECU still runs the engine. A Power FC (FC = Full Computer) replaces the standard ECU completely. There is no comparison, you will NEVER be able to do with an Emanage what you can with a Power FC.

For an R32 you really should look at tuning your standard computer. A simple rewritable chip upgrade will give you everything the Emanage will, plus a bit more. The Power FC is another couple of steps up of course.

So it really depends on your power target and what upgrades you intend to do.

Hope that helps :)

Remapping the original ECU is probably the best option. PM or e-mail me if you need further details...

Sam.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys i have just bought the emanage for my r32 gts-t with the ignition and fuel looms, but in the box with the main unit there is a small resistor and a connector in a seprate bag, now i have looked through the manuals but cannot find were this is to be used, i have the e-manage in the and the car runs, but i dont want to go to far without finding what this is for?, any help is good?.

Thanks

Nathan

Hi Guys i have just bought the emanage for my r32 gts-t with the ignition and fuel looms, but in the box with the main unit there is a small resistor and a connector in a seprate bag, now i have looked through the manuals but cannot find were this is to be used, i have the e-manage in the and the car runs, but i dont want to go to far without finding what this is for?, any help is good?.

Thanks

Nathan

Look on page 46 (Section 19) :D

It is for some mazda motors.