SAU Community

What is the Greddy e-manage?

ed

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay,

Significant gains in the low and mid range with ignition control combined with the big gains from fuel control up top make it a pretty nice package for the price. As for percentages they vary depending on your mods but 10-20 % average should be achieveable.

Doc.

• 5 weeks later...

Part Number: No.15900903

Description: It is the adapter which prevents that ’xŠp compensation of the ignition time by the knock sensor is effective too much.

The signal line and ground of a knock sensor are wired.

It corresponds also to vehicles with two knock sensors, such as 6-cylinder vehicles.

Hi guys im new to the forum, nice to be part of the international Skyline scene! I have a R33GTST with HKS Super Powerflow induction, Trust downpipe, cat bypass and HKS super Drager exhaust. I`m going to be adding the E-Manage ecu soon and wonder what sort of BHP and general performance gains I would get running 0.8 bar?

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm currently using an e-manage on the CA18DET in my RS13. It works really well.

The software is very easy to use but you really need a wide-band lambda setup or rolling road tune it properly.

The airflow meter change facility allows you to swap the standard airflow meter for another one of the same type, I'm using a Z32 TT MAF with 460cc injectors at the moment.

A few weeks ago I started testing a 'blow through' setup on the CA18DET which has the MAF fitted between the throttlebody and intercooler. I got it running within 10 minutes and after a couple of hours of mapping its running well which shows how flexible the E-manage is

I'll be using the e-manage on my RB25 when it goes in the car in January and if we can get the blow-through setup working well on the CA I'll probably carry it across to the RB. :)

I finally put the e-manage in my R34, everything is going great so far. I also used the Field 'one touch harness' with it, made life 100% easier by not needing to do all the soldering while hunched over in the car :)

Sorry Ed didn't end up needing the ignition harness so can't comment on the whole coil frying thing.

From plugging it in I have noticed a slight difference in the shifting of the tiptronic gearbox.....it was tiny bit jolty between gears at very low RPM, now it seems to have disappeared?

Should have some larger injectors (~40% bigger) in the car by the end of today, so I'll see how it handles those.

Dan

I also used the Field 'one touch harness' with it

Where did you get this and how much? we're having great difficulty sourcing the plug in harnesses for those who don't want chopped wires...

Doc.

Where did you get this and how much? we're having great difficulty sourcing the plug in harnesses for those who don't want chopped wires...

Doc.

Here is the setup for those interested:

You can plug it in straight out of the box, just as long as you set the three selectors behind the front panel...this just let's it know your cylinder setup, airflow meter etc...basically what model car you have.

As it isn't programmed..it just runs your stock factory settings.

I can’t see why it wouldn’t go on an R31, it uses an ECU and anything with an ECU (as long as you know the pins) can be hooked up to the e-manage.

I’m currently trying to find a harness to suit the R31, so I’ll keep you up to date

Dan

• 1 month later...

I am excited after reading this thread. Before I sold my turbo maxima, I had purchased an E-01 (which I used and worked well), I also had purchased, but never installed, an e-manage. With my s13 r33GTR swap, I cant wait to get the e manage installed. You guys will hear back from me when that part of the game rolls around...

-ctn

No probs, mine is an auto as well.

There isn't much opitions out there for us auto guys and I think e-manage is the way to go considering the cost of it compare to Motech etc.

I recently just saw the e-manage drop again to like $499 brand new!! (without harnesses).

Even if the ignition doesn't work, for this price it is still better than the SAFCII and have better fuel tunning.

I also heard something about Buddy Club having something similar to an E-manage?!

There are 2 version apprantely and one version is actually made for autos.