ed

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

rd-runr: does ur kit include the harness which does not require the cutting of wires?

i run advan today and they dont seem to have it =?

can i ask where you picked urs up from?

also, can anyone tell me if i will get any gains from just plugging the system in? do i have to take it to a workshop to tune straight away? considering the user is car illiterate

also, if i dont intend to ever touch the tuning part, do i still need the support tools?

ECL, as far as I know the plug and play harness isn't available for GTS or GTT, just GTR...I think this may be related to the coil-pack frying issue. For some reason GReddy still haven't modded the harness with diodes or anything??? The software update also doesn't prevent damage while the car is running.

May be due to the release of the series 2 E-mange, they can't be bothered sorting the bugs out of the old one?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm really new, only got my R32 GTR two days ago, but have been looking into S-AFC's for a while and used to have a Microtech LT8 on a GT4.

One question I have about an interceptor ECU argument is...

Wouldn't an 89 model ECU have a lessor processor than a 2005 ECU?

I have never really looked at the specs on such things, but surely with home PC's having 100x processing power of 15year old ones, it would be similar to car ECU's and wouldn't the speed that the ECU reacts to events aid in better engine management?

To further this how much processing is done in the intercepting ECU before the output to the standard ECU for processing? No one seems to talk about this, is that because this isn't an issue to worry about at all?

ps - S-AFC still looks cheaper and sexier, I still want one, hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys,

First time back on the forums in 2 months. To cut a long story short, I've moved states at short notice and am now officially broke.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to plug the emanage in yet. Will do when I'm cashed up for a dyno tune.

The full kit can be bought from AutoBarn. Get the salesperson to ring up the warehouse in Melbourne (or Adelaide?) to make sure that it is the kit which plugs straight in without needing anything to be rewired. My kit is for the R33.

GReddy claim that you MAY notice a difference in power when plugged straight in as the base maps are apparently altered for each car, but I'm assuming that this is for a stock engine.

To get the most out of the Emanage, it will need to be tuned. If you plan to do this yourself, then you will need the software ie. support tools. Or you could make friends with someone who has it and save yourself some money. If you intend to get it tuned by a workshop, find someone with experience tuning the Emanage and they should already have the software.

The choice is yours!

People People People,

I'm only new to this forum but it is killing me to hear you speak of the emanage as a quality engine managment interceptor. To answer a few questions yes you can tune it for larger injectors to a small degree. This involves mapping of the MAF sensor so as to say there is a smaller amount of fuel being ingested. This may work quite well for the slightly larger injectors but going over say 550cc in any rb and your really kidding yourself with drivability. Factors such as injector latency come into effect with larger injector and this is some thing that emange has no idea about. And yes you can tune for cruise with interceptor ecus to a degree.

Another problem with piggyback systems is if you have variable valve timing, as all the piggy back does is intercept the crank trigger and alter the signal back to the computer. Therefore if you increase the timing at a particular point say 10 degrees then the cam timing will be 10 degrees advanced which means the peak valve lift and duration might be at an undesirable point.

You are better off having the standard ecu re-mapped for the injectors in use. The standard ecu is the best engine management for any car and any engine as these companies have spent millions upon millions calibrating sensors any writting code for every type of enigne condition that the ecu will see.

I've been looking for a car specific harness to allow the emanage to plug straight in without splicing any wires but can only find them for GTR's. How much was the harness that Autobarn were selling rd-runr? And was it for an R33 GTR or GTST?

"Oh no it's the cops!"

"Worse, the police cops!"

I've been looking for a car specific harness to allow the emanage to plug straight in without splicing any wires but can only find them for GTR's. How much was the harness that Autobarn were selling rd-runr? And was it for an R33 GTR or GTST?

"Oh no it's the cops!"

"Worse, the police cops!"

It was a kit with the emanage and harness together. I didn't buy it separately but I'm sure you probably could. The kit I got is for R33 gtst (ecr33). To see if there is a harness for your car go back through this thread a couple of pages to find a link to a silvias forums site regarding this issue. On there you will find a list of cars which the harness is available for.

Rob82: From what I've gathered, r33 ecus are unchippable! I don't doubt that Autobarn have shit all support. It doesn't bother me either as I will be relying on my tuner. Never said that the emanage was the shit. Just made a decision to give it a go as there is not much else which works well with autos.

Can you suggest anywhere in Brisbane that can do this kind of re-map/tune? I drive an sr20det 180sx btw.

I work for chiptorque down at the coast. I would suggest you bring it there as we are the only people in Aus that can reprogram the factory ECU as far as I am aware. Tell me more about it so I can give you the approximate gains.

lol..... Definately not the only people in Aus.... But from what I've heard you may be the closest to brisbane that can do a good job.