SAU Community

What Do You Do 4 A Living?

Guest IH8VEE8S

Im in the one that has the radiation poisoning - building 108 in bourke street.

Come to think of it, my head gets heated up very quickly when im revising for exams...perhaps..... :)

Infamous building 108....I'm currently studying at building 108 - Diploma of I.T.

I'm more worried about their air conditioning system, i don't think it's been cleaned for a while, i always cop allergies :)

How many more are studying at this building?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turn (It might get a little weird)

doing 3rd degree also

1st was Bach software engineering (I was 17 and didn't know what I wanted to do. It sucked so badly)

2nd was Bach psych (Picked it up as s minor in my IT degree, liked it a lot more than IT, so I did it while I finished IT.

Now, I'm doing grad dip of copywriting, as in the copy written in advertising, brochures and stuff.

Work for 3 also.

Alright

i work for TNT Logistics, in my section we warehouse the Isuzu truck parts.

All i do is sit on the net there lol nah im the admin chick.

Been there for 3 1/2 yrs now.

Up until September last year i was the admin chick for my dads carpet shop but now i'm a full time at home mummy of two kiddies....geez i need a job...I'm going nuts :) :)

Kel

System Admin and Tech support for SyncIT Development (software development and support). Basically I do everything but write the software and the financials. Been at it around 2 years now.

i have the immesurable joy of working for Connex.

my job consists of standing around at the flinders st barriers looking bored and letting people through. gotta be the easiest job ever! :)

Vic IT-Coordinator for the ABC.

Basically anything ardware/software & phone/PABX work.

Good fun, interesting projects & cutting-edge technologies.

Don't like the calls @ 3am though saying Radio/TV has just shutdown. Come and fix it! :0(

work for an architect (days) and manage the local chinese restaurant i've worked in since i was 18 (nights). i work way too much...

all still in my home town :)

Environmental engineer for Toyota - for the past 7 years :)

Have just traded my Corolla Sportivo for a Yaris (a drop of 70 kW) so that I can keep balanced GHG emissions when I buy the GT-R :)

left high school end of year 11, didnt pass (well i dont think i did)

1 year computer power - certificate 4 in computer programming

1.5 years - telstra bigpond - tech support

2 years - vivanet - network support

5 years - dodo internet - technical manager

i look after the team who manage the servers, routers, network, systems etc for dodo

well i only just finished school last year, iv deferred 4 a year from psychology and psychophysiology at swinburne in order 2 pour some $$$ in2 my car (working fulltime as a chippys labourer, doing nightfill at safeway and playing semi-pro basketball for $$$) b4 i have 2 study fulltime. but i may not b going back 2 uni as i have a scholarship offer to play basketball in college in america (so if anybody wants a black S2 with fully adjustable zeal coilovers, an hks 30/37 on custom low mount manifold, plazman plenum, sard injectors, HKS headgasket blah blah blah...in about a years time, start saveing as ill be over there for 4 years)

Edited by ardie

15 years of being a Mechnical Plumber :) . Currently waiting for surgery on my knee. (gravity+ladders+me= :D )

Currently a graphic artist at a small design / printing company. 6 days a week for a shit wage..

I'm thinking of joining the RAAF to become a aircraft technician.. I need a change of pace. I'm sick of sitting in front of a computer all day.

I love that basil in a tube...

I'm a 6th year uni student, doing Bachelor Engineering(Mechanical)/ Bachelor of Arts at Monash Clayton.

Work at a pub in Mornington and for the last 2 years was working for Champion Compressors in Hallam (sort of work experience).

Hopefully graduating this year so onto bigger and better things next year - and paying off a lot of debt. And finally getting some money to reward my car for its 3 years of problem-free dedicated service!

Rhett

I take care of all the IT stuff at J-Spec Imports... although I'm leaving soon to move to Sydney, and I'll only be doing server maintenance/coding for J-Spec remotely.

Good job, you get to network with a LOT of people and companies in the import industry, which is awesome if I need spare parts, aftermarket parts, tuning and servicing.

Full time Network Administrator at a school. Run ALLBLITZ in my spare time. Also part of an 'Islamic Awareness Campaign' Group, we go out to corporate Australia educating them about Islam, and the misconceptions seen in the media.

http://www.iisna.com/iac/ for more info. If any one would like an info session, let me know :)

Waste time looking at SAU while awaiting customers to come into the shop and annoy me with ...

"whats your VERY BEST price for this Laptop, as I can get it for less than you have on it at......."

ARH-OOO-GAH, CAUTION - Mini advert follows.....:)

My unheeded response is usually

"yes, but do they give you a year of FREE labour service on ANY problem with the laptop including software and viruses as well as hardware damage like spilling liquid in the keyboard, dropping it and everything thats NOT Warranty??"

Funny how nobody is interested in that aspect unil they find they have viruses etc. and find its NOT covered by warranty.

Anyway most people with laptop problems seem to find us helpful......

www.CityNotebookCentre.com.au

www.LaptopPlace.com.au

PS - Discount for SAU Members! :D