SAU Community

Rare Skyline Register

So i need help. I wanna put a turbo on my RB20DE N/A. Can i just put a turbo on it as is, or do i have to upgrade any thing? Or is the N/A RB20 engine exactly the same as the Turbo RB20DET? besides the turbo obviously.. Internals Ect... ?

What about this says "Rare Skyline registry" to you?

Perhaps look for areas like "Forced induction performance" or "The Wasteland" or "Search" to answer this question, it has been covered a 1001 times, always with the same asnwers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im not sure if this is rare but ive just bought a 92 r32 gtr... the model number is odd iv searched everywhere but can't find anything its kbnr32rxfs MA the first part is good but then MA im not sure what that means. Also the car has no rear window wiper and it doesnt have the bit on the dash either so its never came with one, it also has 200 on the build plate under the MA i havnt seen it on any other build plates ive seen. heres a pic of the build plate. could anyone help me out figuring wat it is.

gtrvinnumber.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.users.on.net/~goofyhsk/info/chassis_plate.html on this site it has 7 for GTR 8 for Vspec II and Absent for v spec and AA for GTR Vspec I and II (non N1) and ZN for the N1s. i did read on the UK forums that they first made V specs from july 1991 not sure if thats true or not.

I should point out that I'm completely hopeless at decoding R32s, but just quickly, it doesn't have its radio aerial mounted on the roof above the centre of the front windscreen by any chance?

nope, it doesnt have a Aerial on the roof, it does have n1 front bumper and side skirts both genuine plastic, and from wat i can tell the paint matches up can tell any difference and the car hasnt had a repsray, it got imported the way it is now, inless it got resprayed over there im not sure

Ok I did some consulting with a mate (forum lurker but he never posts!) who is a guru in these matters, and his theory is that MA is used for very limited trial builds (like 10 cars) of certain features they might be testing.

His reply, in part:

My memory is shot to pieces these days - but the MA either means it came with an airbag OR indicates it was part of a small batch towards the end of a production run and they were either trying out new-spec parts (and how they fitted into production line routines) or were building some cars to a set combination of options to fill a particular order.

It's definitely not an Aussie delivered one though.

Edited by Iron Chef

• 4 weeks later...

i recently bought my old car back which is an aust delivered r32gtr, number 60 of 100.

my brother has an r32gtr which i can almost guarantee nobody on sau can find information on...its an 89 'scuderia' which has the scuderia dash, scuderia rear boot lid badge, scuderia compliance plate & a few other things which aligns to an aussie gtr. it is an australian delivered version as it was sold here & 1st registered in 94, it is extremely rare with only 1 of 6 (his is number 001).

he bought it off a gentleman by the name of chris smith, then went to paul whitmarsh who runs the wharf business in pyrmont & raced in the porsche cup - then my brother bought it back in 2000. under 100,000km & last registered in 2004.

apparently skaife bought 002 & 003 went to another high profile...the remaining 3 of the 6 were used for racing!

if anyone can find any other info on this 'scuderia' gtr, please share it with me :)

but still....what did actually happen to the returned cars....perhaps they turned up as prototype/MA cars too. They would have been very hard to sell in 1994 with 1991 build plates

my 91 adm gtr was 1st registered in 94.

more so, my brothers 89 scuderia gtr was 1st registered in 94 as well (showroom for 5 yrs)

here is a pic where you can see the scuderia badge on bootlid, covered in dust as its been off the road for 7 years :)

i should organise a pic of the scuderia compliance plate & scuderia dash, although, i dont think my brother is keen on releasing too many details on the car.

it is factory, apart from the wheels (which he has retained) & cat-back exhaust

post-8728-0-34689500-1301973409_thumb.jpg

he gets nervous having pics of his kids on facebook - i dont think he has embraced the security of the internet haha

i will see what i can get...does anyone know or even heard of the scuderia r32 gtr?