SAU Community

Rare Skyline Register

Hi Marko,

1) The Nismo Kill Switch Cosmetic Lighter is a display item - but genuine Nismo

There's a recent WtB thread of how someone wanted one and an SAU Trader said he still had some left, even though they're discontinued.

Even the "Nismo" logo is the old type. Matthew (God_speed) noticed (since his eyes are better than mine), that there's a "Nissan" stamp on the collar too supposedly to make counterfeiting more difficult.

2) Steve-0 (N1GTR) mentioned to me that the "N1" sticker existed, so I sourced high and low.

It's the same font and brushed aluminium background as the "V-Spec" sticker on the rear quarter of the R34 GT-Rs.

Yes, there are many other differences on the R34 GT-R N1 too.

About 22x

Should I list them off?

More importantly you got to keep the flare, ha. It would be interesting to find out what options were available . I have a different front bar , orange indicators and no bagdes except for the usual GTR ones on the body. Also with all the log book and service stuff I got a pink safety driver sticker, ha, ha

Characteristics incl Specs of R34 GT-R N1 include...

1) N1 Engine Block

2) N1 Oil Pump

3) N1 Turbochargers

4) N1 Water Pump

5) Different Horns

6) No Air Conditioner

7) No Sound System - Just a Plastic Panel

8) No Speakers - Just Taped Over Cavities

9) No Driver's Door remote Control Opener or Motor

10) No Folding Rear Vision Mirror Control Button or Motor

11) Rear Vion Mirror housings Painted Black

12) Thin White (QM1) Body Paint down to 90 microns

13) Plastic Centre Console Lid

14) Plastic Handbrake Handle

15) No Cosmetic Mirror Behind Sun Visor

16) Thin Window Glass

17) No Privacy Glass

18) No Space Saver Wheel

19) No Rear Wiper Control or Motor or Blade

20) Rear Window With No Accommodating Hole for Wiper

21) No Rear Fog Light

22) Extra Reversing Light

23) Door Entry/Exit Lights Removed But Lenses Remain

24) Extra Large Oil Cooler and Piping (edit by kimbod)

25) Larger Rear Brake Discs (edit by kimbod)

26) No Clear Coat on Body Paint (edit by kimbod)

this is interesting...

8) No Speakers - Just Taped Over Cavities

do you mean to say that you can touch the tape cavities from the door trim or does the door trim cover the cavity as well with a grill?

Thanks for more to add to my list :)

After taking off the door trim, and behind the clear plastic that seals in the door mechanism, there's taping over where the speakers should be.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post (I'm a newbie) but my GTS2 was stolen this morning from Ascot Vale Rd, Melbourne. Build #112. Been in the family since new and I'm absolutely gutted to see it stolen, please keep an eye out!

• 3 weeks later...

It is amazing how much larger the r34 appears to be than the r32

This is true; from memory the dimensions are quite similar aren't they? With the main exceptions being wheelbase and width?

Hey Yall

Is there a way of telling a BNR32 Vspec 1 to a Vspec 2 by the engine tags. Have been told that a Vspec 2 on a 32 will be something like this BNR32XXX-XXX8......if there is no 8, it is a Vspec1. If someone can confirm this it would be great.

Cheers