SAU Community

Post Up Your R33!

nizmo_freek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://s1196.photobucket.com/user/adz2332/media/Mobile%20Uploads/received_10208902650220669_zpsigtbb7kk.mp4.html

Hill climb vid

The video doesnt do justice of how steep and tight these turns were! plus its barely a car width wide!

Car looks mint.

Looks tough with all those blind corners and sweepers. How was the under steer?

yer some corners, by the end, you knew was there even though you couldnt see them. you just had to hold your nerve and power through.

Had a bit of understeer in the real tight stuff right up the top. but on such a narrow track it felt like a huge car compared to it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is my 33 after a polish.

Just polished it yesterday aswell.. the 2nd picture is the latest

IMG_2840_zps91a0l2cb.jpg20160326_112537_zpsvhx1vjdx.jpg

THat's nice mate....clean in both the sense of the car and the wash!

Care to share what products and steps you did to get it this clean and shining?

Good job.

THat's nice mate....clean in both the sense of the car and the wash!

Care to share what products and steps you did to get it this clean and shining?

Good job.

Thanks mate.

I just use the old fashion spray painters trick i was taught when i was panel beating and spray painting..

After the respray i wetsanded with 2000 grit and used some Maguires swirl x remover with a wool pad.

Next step i repeated this process but with maguires ultimate compound with a wool pad - make sure you buff the hazzyness out before polishing.

Now i start the polishing.

I use Autosmart Cherry Glaze.

I apply it to 1 panel at a time nice and thick and with a new wool pad i buff the polish in on a low speed setting untill the hazzyness is gone and its like a mirror.

After iv done that i reapply polish on the car by hand and leave it overnight before wiping it off with a cloth nappy.

Thats how i get the result in the second pic.

Upclose you can tell the difference after its done its like a mirror.

The only think you have to keep doing is polishing after every wash.

The 2nd photo was taken a month ago and i washed the car today for the first time since then and it was dirty but come up like new again and its in the shed with polish on it now ill be getting off before work at 7am in the morning.

Im getting a few touch ups done on the car so ill make a video when im doing it to post on the diy section

• Like 2

Thanks mate.

I just use the old fashion spray painters trick i was taught when i was panel beating and spray painting..

After the respray i wetsanded with 2000 grit and used some Maguires swirl x remover with a wool pad.

Next step i repeated this process but with maguires ultimate compound with a wool pad - make sure you buff the hazzyness out before polishing.

Now i start the polishing.

I use Autosmart Cherry Glaze.

I apply it to 1 panel at a time nice and thick and with a new wool pad i buff the polish in on a low speed setting untill the hazzyness is gone and its like a mirror.

After iv done that i reapply polish on the car by hand and leave it overnight before wiping it off with a cloth nappy.

Thats how i get the result in the second pic.

Upclose you can tell the difference after its done its like a mirror.

The only think you have to keep doing is polishing after every wash.

The 2nd photo was taken a month ago and i washed the car today for the first time since then and it was dirty but come up like new again and its in the shed with polish on it now ill be getting off before work at 7am in the morning.

Im getting a few touch ups done on the car so ill make a video when im doing it to post on the diy section

Appreciate the sharing mate...definitely an industry trick as it does look very good.

I like how your car is clean. Keep away from any stickers or "ricey" items and you'll be on the straight and narrow! :-)

Thanks again mate.