SAU Community

R34 Gtr Z Tune

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering if anyone knows of any in Australia?

Sure I saw one in Brisbane?

What are they worth?

There are none in Australia as N1GTR said, however the key word is yet

I have had a good look at one in the flesh that I photographed while at the Nismo Omori factory in Japan.

They are an awesome bit of gear!

Also as stated, the estimated price of one here would be over $300k

A handful have made it out of Japan into the UK. They get all the cool cars over there... a few Z-Tunes running around, some 400R's running around, JUN hyper lemon, Top Secret demo car etc.

Has no relevance whatsoever to any in Australia though... dont even know why I posted this :D

They cannot be complied under current laws but......i happen to know of a certain workshop/retailer in Sydney who has had a car (R34 GTR) complied here thats fits the criteria for z-tune conversion that was shipped back to Japan to Nismo to be converted/built. A very costly excercise but im sure once the car is back in Aust. prowling the Sydney streets the owner in sure will think its money well spent.

^^ was just about to say that as well.. not sure where I read it - but was under the impression that they are unable to be complied..\

Hahaha sewid.. yes.. well.. have to be quicker next time!! ;)

Edited by Links

you might as well try to put an F1 race car through the SEVS compliance procedure instead of the Z Tune.

Only option would be to get one that's already complied in AU, send it back, have it built and then come back...

Or move there for a year n bring it back.

I think from Nismo's selection criteria, the car had to be an immaculate R34 GTR with under 40,000km on the chassis, and the 100 that they were going to build were already purchased. So basically you'd have to buy the stock on from Nissan (or import it on a "loan") then return it, have it modded, then ship it back as a previously complianced car.

you might as well try to put an F1 race car through the SEVS compliance procedure instead of the Z Tune.

Only option would be to get one that's already complied in AU, send it back, have it built and then come back...

Or move there for a year n bring it back.

I think from Nismo's selection criteria, the car had to be an immaculate R34 GTR with under 40,000km on the chassis, and the 100 that they were going to build were already purchased. So basically you'd have to buy the stock on from Nissan (or import it on a "loan") then return it, have it modded, then ship it back as a previously complianced car.

funky, not like you to be off the mark. It's 20 total built not 100. it was conceived to commemerate nismo's 20th anniversary.

Pretty sure the km requirement was something much stricter than 40,000 too, more like 10,000.

For most customers Nismo source the 'donor' car themselves, they hand pick it, buy it, completely dismantle it, then rebuild it as a Z-tune. You are right though that if you wanted to buy one in aus you would have to do it the way you suggested. When I was last there at nismo factory they had taken orders for 17 of 20 cars. As of now i believe all 20 are sold. They gave me the break down of how many cars had been sold to each country but I can't remeber the exact numbers. Suffice to say most remained in japan.

They are no doubt the nicest 'factory' GTR ever released and by a long shot the most expensive.

Pretty sure the km requirement was something much stricter than 40,000 too, more like 10,000.

Pretty sure it was under 30,000... but as i said, been wrong before. Just going of the Best Motoring DVD I've seen.

Hmmm, my studies have shown rumours of between 20000 kays and 18000 miles... From memory, the nismo page states 20, so that'd be the best bet.

Also, to anyone who said that i must have been mistaken, I most certainly was not. Turns out, the car was brought by a private buyer and has been sold before delivery to him to an unknown buyer for considerably less than the suggested prices. 6000 kays, absolutely immaculate. Also, there were only 20 made.

funky, not like you to be off the mark. It's 20 total built not 100. it was conceived to commemerate nismo's 20th anniversary.

Yeah, thats what I thought as well.

Would be awesome to see one driving around Australian roads.