SAU Community

Oran Park Track Day

Sinful

hey kris,

if you look at the natsoft, me, you and thomas seem to set our fatest lap around the same time in the same session, it looks like we all helped eachother by pressuring and pushing that little bit harder hehe

i was car 45, though my name is not VLAD, my name is Mark i was a late entry and they didnt change the names around on the timing :)

as for the timing issue with instructors, i dont think they cancel the timing for the whole group, if you check the natsoft times, all my times are still there, except when i was with the instructor i think i got XXXXXX time for that lap.

-mark

haha yep agreed.....that little mini battle we had going was awesome....cept you two kept beating me on the straights :rant:

damn stock turbo....gotta get a big high mount on the side of the neo to beat both yall ;)

It was damn good fun though :(

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh and I guess I should take this opportunity to thank Powerplay for putting on such an awesome day !!!

Lunch was great too !!!! ;)

ONLY thing I didnt like about the day was the no passenger rule....really wanted to get a ride in some of the beasts present on the day.

Oh and I guess I should take this opportunity to thank Powerplay for putting on such an awesome day !!!

Lunch was great too !!!! ;)

ONLY thing I didnt like about the day was the no passenger rule....really wanted to get a ride in some of the beasts present on the day.

i agree, wish we cud take some passengers on track... wud of been mad fun...

who owned the chrysler crossfire!?!?!?!?!?

that was the guy i spoke to randomly on the street the other night!??!?! haha!

A guy by the name of Jason Howitt according to the schedule

Well I had heaps of fun. :happy: Damn thomas holding me up in the corners.... ;)

My exhaust manifold took a beating though. Car's getting fixed now.

Should've gone highmount this time around, but hey, I'm not made of money :rofl:. Really wish I could've brought my photographer/business partner along to get some awesome track shots. Ah well.

That white GTIR who came out of the pit lane during one of group 2's runs was STUPID to say the least who ever let him out whilst there were 3 cars coming down WOT on the straight and into turn 1 my mate said his abs kicked in he braked that hard to miss him he is lucky it wasnt worse.

Also i didnt like the fact that there were pretty much no flag marshalls ANYWHERE besides the main pit wall.... what if something happened all of a sudden and people going flat chat with NO warning?

on another note, who was driving the blue pulsar? he was surley a better driver than me pulling away around the corners in the early stages when i was still gaining confidence but i still suspect he went faster in the day and set faster times than me!

-The GTI-R was given permission by the mashall of pit lane, he's an experienced driver and, as i did at one stage, had to ASK the controller if the straight was clear for me to go as being strapped in with a harness and the pit wall, you simply can't see what is coming.

-Flag marshalls was an issue which i asked during the driver briefing where they would be, only to be given a smart reply of "if you see a flag, then the flag point is manned".

-Blue SSS was my mate Adam, the car has got TEIN Flex coilovers, some nice other whiteline gear and Toyo Semi slicks, so its not exactly a stocker, but the pulsars handle very well, just without a turbo don't have the poke down the straight to pull past the more powerful cars, but the lap time at the end of the day shows the real score.

Was an awesome day, and like some others have mentioned, the track felt a little slow as i didn't manage to break my time that i did there last time, but the car did feel much better this time around, but a good day was had, look forward to the next one.

Simon.

does anyone remember seeing a hot R33 GTR on the hill turn 11.

Boy that was a hot r33 GTR purple too ((LOL))

I reckon all the cars on the day looked great and i reckon it was the best that I have been too and was a fatastic site to see two old school GTR's

Well done to all that had a go on the day ! I got some fantastic video footage too

I reckon all the cars on the day looked great and i reckon it was the best that I have been too and was a fatastic site to see two old school GTR's

Well done to all that had a go on the day ! I got some fantastic video footage too

u were there dam??? i didnt know... shud of introduced lol

sorry cozzmo as i did not mean to call the driver stupid, but if you read :whoever let him out: part i word it a bit wrong sorry

yeh i had to ask too before being let out just to be sure.

nah that's cool mate i didn't read it in that way that you were slagging the driver, i see your point.

ITS ANDREW

YES WOULD OF LIKED TO MEET A FEW OTHER MEMBERS BUT WAS SO HAPPY TO BE AT THE DAY I HAD TO TAKE MY SELF AWAY AS I WAS GETTING TO EXCITED THERE WAS A FEW OF US ON TURN 11 WHICH HAD A GREAT VIEW

FIRST TIME AT ORAN PARK AND LET ME SAY ALLOT BEETER IN MANY WAYS THEN MALALLA IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA

...on another note, who was driving the blue pulsar? he was surley a better driver than me pulling away around the corners in the early stages when i was still gaining confidence but i still suspect he went faster in the day and set faster times than me!

not sure is this is you, but one gtr copped it. *offensive language used*

http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/24509460394.avi

Hi Andrew,

There weren't any purple R33 GTR's however, there was an R32 GTR painted in R33 GTR purple. Great looking car & very nice owner too, Mark is his name, don't think he frequents the forums though.

Glad you had a great time, would love to see the footage you took sometime.

We have some great footage too, the parades especially are fantastic to see on video. The selection of cars really was amazing, the Japanese are in awe.

There will be highlights of the day in one magazine in Japan in particular in the near future & keep your eye out for the next edition of Auto Salon.

Cheers

Jo - Powerplay

not sure is this is you, but one gtr copped it. *offensive language used*

http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/24509460394.avi

yes that GTR owner certainly was an A grade knuckle head. not very nice to tootle around for a couple of laps only to nail it on the straight. very frustrating for the following car, but i think the driver in the SSS lost his cool a bit.