Oran Park Track Day

Sinful

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand where your coming from BB and I was too suprised by what i experienced on the day giving Aaron's reputation as I top race director which I was well aware of. You can call me a noob all you want (not complete..I have done 3 days at Wakefield) but there are a couple of things that are inexcusable.......

1. Letting people out of pit lane whilst people are on the straight

2. Being rude and aggressive to people all because his nominated flag marshall was not doing his job

Did I ask for assistance? Well yes I did but I then withdrrew the the request because I found out that if I got an instructor then the whole session for my group would not be timed. I did not feel this was fare to the 15 other members of my group. This lack of timing for intructor passenger sessions was not the original plan for the trackday and did not want to spoil it for the rest of my group.

yeah, that is fair enough. the non-timing whilst instructors were in car was a bit of a strange one. To be fair you can't level that at Aaron as none of his days have official timing, and he wasn't responsible for running the timing side, i can understand then why you wouldn't want to kill 1 sessions timing. I still dont understand why it was the case.

As for the pit lane thing we will have to agree to disagree on that. I have never witnessed anyone being unsafely released onto the track, and as I said regardless of when you are told to go the onus is on you to ensure it's safe to join the track.

And for the being rude critisicm, look at it from his point of view, he saw you running around on the track after a red flag had been shown, he naturally assumed that you either hadn't seen it, or ignored it. both are big no no's. he would not have known that the marshall may not have shown you the flag when he was supposed to.

Hey mate that too was a great mini battle i saw you in my rear view mirror the whole time it was awesome, but sorry the SR20 POWAAAAAAA beat the RB's in this instance ahhaha :( what car number / time did you end up getting overall sewid? i love seeing people and chasing them down!

I ended up with a 1.31, I would've liked to get into the high 1.20's but it just took so long for me to figure out some of those corners. I had fun though.

on another note, who was driving the blue pulsar? he was surley a better driver than me pulling away around the corners in the early stages when i was still gaining confidence but i still suspect he went faster in the day and set faster times than me!

Yeah I saw him. I could not really believe that what looked to be a standard pulsar was keeping up with me in the corners. He is obviously better driver than me! I lost sight of him when I got to the straight though I guess he must've pitted. Nice driving whoever that was.

thanks dude, official timing got me at 1.38.82.... dunno how i managed that lol... there was faster time listed under my name, but unfortuantely that wasn't me driving lol.

thanks kris! The brakes were interesting to say the least :( lol

how'd your car pull up afterwards?

Car's fine. I drove it home and it didnt skip a beat. Basically an intake pipe leak caused all the drama. Couple that with some oil in the intake (no catch can) causing a small amount of oil to be sprayed out under boost. Not too much though just enough to cause a bit of smoke and scare the shit out of me.

Now that's happened though I'm completely prepping the car so nothing like that can happen again.

I stress that GTR's are not money pits though...

STEVE WHERE ARE THE PICS OF MY CAR :)

ZTUNE = SEX!!!

It was too fast for the camera :)

I got some, but they didnt turn out at all, they came out really crappy - i think Andrew has some though?

GTRs eat anything. it is their way.

hahahah

Good one :)

sif GTR's are teh bestest... :)

i just worked out why i was only running 1.1 bar boost in the last 2 sessions... i have a loose exhaust housing, = exhaust leak :) oh well i still managed a 1:27 :) with less power w00t

I ended up with a 1.31, I would've liked to get into the high 1.20's but it just took so long for me to figure out some of those corners. I had fun though.

Yeah I saw him. I could not really believe that what looked to be a standard pulsar was keeping up with me in the corners. He is obviously better driver than me! I lost sight of him when I got to the straight though I guess he must've pitted. Nice driving whoever that was.

hey kris,

if you look at the natsoft, me, you and thomas seem to set our fatest lap around the same time in the same session, it looks like we all helped eachother by pressuring and pushing that little bit harder hehe

i was car 45, though my name is not VLAD, my name is Mark i was a late entry and they didnt change the names around on the timing :)

as for the timing issue with instructors, i dont think they cancel the timing for the whole group, if you check the natsoft times, all my times are still there, except when i was with the instructor i think i got XXXXXX time for that lap.

-mark

sif GTR's are teh bestest... :)

i just worked out why i was only running 1.1 bar boost in the last 2 sessions... i have a loose exhaust housing, = exhaust leak :) oh well i still managed a 1:27 :( with less power w00t

that's a good time mass.

im proud of u :)

It was a good day, enjoyed myself a lot and big thanks to the powerplay team for orginising everything.

A lot of hard work had gone into orginising all of the behind the scenes stuff for this event and it is a shame to focus on the negatives. I don't think i have ever seen so many GTR's in the one place and the atmosphere was electric.

I actually did my fastest times of the day in the Grid race and the feeling of a full grid start was awsome.

Great Work Guys :)

Initial photo's are now up in our gallery. Loads more to come but these should keep you all happy for a while. ;)

http://www.powerplayimports.com/minigal/in...eptember%202006

Really focused on getting pics of all cars on the day, pretty sure nobody has been missed out.

Professional pics will be up over the next week or so.

Once again, thank you to all that participated on the day.

Despite a few hiccups, I can confidently say from all the feedback I have received everybody had a fantastic time & that's what it is all about.

Cheers

Jo

that's a good time mass.

im proud of u ;)

thanks mansoor :)

i am proud too, a pitty though, coz i got the track figured out by the end, but obviously the lack of power stopped me from getting a better time :(

oh well next time, ill go with slicks and hopefully some less lag and better my time by a lot more :rant: oh and that extra power i was lacking at the end lol

Edited by mass_iv