SAU Community

Spy Shots Finally.

Zappn

OH BABY!#$#@$^#^&*(*%(&^&^$11111!!!

This is a 21st century gtr (the r32 gtr in 1989 was a technological marvel) not a us built car that is as technologically advanced as a brick.

I lol'd

240Z pilot October 9th, 2006 10:05 PM Link

I guarantee this car will be significantly HEAVIER than the “7 litre us tank” referred to! Z06 Corvette weighs in at 3150 lb., this will be at least 3400. I’d bet money it will also be SLOWER around any race track.

To tell the truth, I’d rather see a new Silvia (which we haven’t had in the U.S. since ‘98)!

This thing is a bit “much of muchness” imho.

Less is more!

;)

idiots...

:P idiots...

Its not that much of a stretch of the imagination.

The current Z06 runs a 7:43 around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. That's significantly faster than a 996 Turbo, a 415hp / 3800lb AWD car with a purpose-built chassis and a lot of money thrown into performance R&D.

That said, I don't think Nissan will be happy with the GT-R until it holds the lap record for a "reasonable" production car (I don't count the Radical SR8 as "reasonable", even though technically it is a production car). And the 996 is a generation old, now, but I don't have the times for the 997 Turbo. It should have cracked the 40's by now, since the old 996 Turbo / light tune R34 ran a 7:51 or so.

I think the next GT-R will be quicker than the Z06 on the track, but given the sheer pace of the Z06 its not going to be your typical "AWD turbo terror vs Yank Tank" battle, especially in the hands of drivers who know how to make a car go around a track fast.

The real thing looks the goods thats for sure.

The one problem I can see with this is, nissan isnt seen as a premium brand, therefore the people with the money are going to be hard pressed to justify spending the dollars to buy it, as it doesnt have the 'badge'. Because really a clubman will go around a track as quick as a porka at a fraction of the cost, and a VK with a worked V8 in it will go in a straight line faster at a fraction of the cost. But the people with the money wouldnt do that as they dont have the badge. Ones a mechano set the other is well a commodoore.

But yeah, good luck to it. Its definately got all the good gear.

people still thinking it's a Skyline after it's been explained it's NOT a million times, others thinking there is going to be a V8 for the US market only? no... they're idiots :)

Other sites are linking to 2005-dated information saying it'll be badged Infiniti over there as well.

Its almost the end of 2006, for Christ's sake.

I think the next GT-R will be quicker than the Z06 on the track, but given the sheer pace of the Z06 its not going to be your typical "AWD turbo terror vs Yank Tank" battle, especially in the hands of drivers who know how to make a car go around a track fast.

Which lets face it, isnt most americans who think in 1/4mile and not much else, guess theres the handful of people outside of NASCAR that actually know how too turn right as well as left.