SAU Community

Classic Skyline Register

rsx84

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I think my car is a quite rare one, it made its debut at the 1977/78 Melbourne motor show and to the best of my knowledge is the first and only 1977 plated mgc210GT officially brought to Aus by Nissan before the official 1978GL.

Age has wearied the poor ol girl but she is still 90 percent original with the only modification being a worked L28 with a holley on top inserted in the engine bay and the box n clutch were beefed up a bit to accommodate. I have got the original engine which was taken out at 100k and the L28 has done a genuine 100k of it's own.

As a result she does need some rust cut out but, being original paint, what u see is what u get. Bought it from an older gentleman who had the engine done, engineered etc. and have meant to restore it but it is so hard to find the time (oh and the dollars) to do it proud.

There'd only be a few of us that have seen the GT badges in this photo on a car in Aus, had to remove them to preserve what's left of them.....

Cheers all and happy driving

post-71651-1268895993_thumb.jpg

post-71651-1268896224_thumb.jpg

post-71651-1268896383_thumb.jpg

post-71651-1268896705_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4door77

• 4 months later...

'84 MR30 Ti SKYLINE

Body: Hatchback

Ext Colour: Goldpaint, tinted windows

Int Colour: Babysht Brown trim, new black carpet + sound deadening

Suspension: lowered pedders all round, stock mags, shocking stock brakes

Eng: L24e, 5sp manual, irs rear

VERY NEAR FUTURE:

- Hopefully getting an rb30 this weekend to put in, will be converting to a turbo as well (after I get better brakes)

- Change out the struts and hubs to something that will give me a 5 stud pattern so I can run r32 brakes/discs

- Get an lsd for the rear (still a couple in japan floating around)

- Bigger mags

- fix the damn stock radio!

- Give it a respray

- contemplating a dash change to a s13/s14 but we'll see about that one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i've already posted one of mine in here but i'll update with another

YEAR: 1974

MODEL: C110

BODY TYPE: 2door hardtop

COLOUR: white

YEAR: 1979

MODEL: C210

BODY TYPE: Sedan

COLOUR: black over white

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my 84 mr30, currently under re-shell and rb30 upgrade (:mad: )

colour: blue with silver 2 tone (soon to be just silver)

brakes: custom slotted disc's with z32 4 pots dr30 disc rear with r200 lsd diff

suspension: koni 90/10 front with cusco adj strut tops , rear stiff koni shocks

interior: hr31 front seats standard velour grey rears

wheels: watanabe rs8 16 x 7&8 +15

rear taillights from early dr30 but also have brand new inbox late dr30 lights for special occasions

has had rb20 redtop then silvertop then 323kw @ wheels rb30 then back to 160kw silvertop now awaiting new heart( 25/30?)

post-39514-0-94795300-1302088841_thumb.jpg

Edited by rb20-into-mr30=

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

YEAR: 1985

MODEL: Mr30 Ti

BODY TYPE: Sedan

COLOUR: Mint/Green

MODIFICATIONS

Rb25det GTX3076r, W2A cooler, Plazmaman manifold

Rx7 4 pot callipers with R33 gtst rotors

R33 5 speed box

16x8.5in SSR Mark II rims

R200 long nose diff with detroit locker

Edited by steve200b

• 2 months later...

YEAR: 1984

MODEL: MR30

BODY: Sedan

COLOUR: White

Modifications: According to the Skyline Nationals last year, it's standard enough to be runner up original!

What a joke!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, I had a clean r31 for a while but I found this mr30 recently and couldnt go past it. so I swapped it for this.

YEAR: 1984

BODY: SEDAN

COLOUR: WHITE

MODEL: Ti with all options except sunroof but has sunroof switch?

completly stock with automatic. owned by elderly lady until recently and garaged all its life, the paint is still glossy!!!

and interior is perfect possibly the cleanest mr30 in adelaide (maybe after sky084)

I missed my previous mr30's so I'm happy to have a very nice one back.

post-39514-0-53189000-1331976975_thumb.jpg

post-39514-0-66699500-1331976987_thumb.jpg

post-39514-0-17912600-1331977009_thumb.jpg

Edited by rb20-into-mr30=

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...