Mag86's Skyline Project

Factory 5

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...

Once mine is built, running and tested... so its proven to be a winner

I was contemplating ordering in a few kits (Megasquirt II version 3PCB) , then building them and loading the tune my L24et will have (have access to dyno and wideband etc)

the MS will then be able to be bought by fellow R30 luvers.... and edited to suit their individual setups

I can get 5 kits for a reasonable price

they take 8 to 12hrs (per ecu) soldering and testing on a stimulator board, (60hrs)

then a weekend tuning, (16 hrs)

week of testing, (1 hr a day = 5 hrs) (1 hr of driving around per ECU)

then another weekend of final tuning and documentation for L series specific installation (16 hrs)

All up it would take about 97 hrs of my spare time to get 5 together

would look at $500 per ECU, completly tested, tuned, installation instructions.

add another $100 for complete plug in loom...

If this was to be done in my spare time it would take quite a while to do, but I am willing to take a week or so off work for the final production run

Im thinking its pretty reasonable... if i was offered the same deal i would order one thats for sure!

i was also wanting the afm, cas, dizzy as part of a whole kit too....

more of a bolt it all in plug it in and woohoo...to some extent anyway.

but the ecu is a good start!

what i find in these build ups is lack of a final tally of parts used, kinda like an epilogue to the whole build-up.

no one wants to go back and read all those pages and work out again what worked and what didn't. (and some build-ups are looong)

once this is up 'n' running a short vid would be cool too :)

but yeah ECU is a good price!!

would be very similar.. but i was going to make it for the ECCS style setup not the bosch L-jet type

so it would be for the chopper wheel/CAS in dizzy type thing

but in looking at your schematicws, looks easy enough to have it setup for the standard L24e dissy too!

Its all just an idea at the minute... gotta make my own before getting orders etc!

I got so damn much on these days...

would be very similar.. but i was going to make it for the ECCS style setup not the bosch L-jet type

so it would be for the chopper wheel/CAS in dizzy type thing

but in looking at your schematicws, looks easy enough to have it setup for the standard L24e dissy too!

Its all just an idea at the minute... gotta make my own before getting orders etc!

I got so damn much on these days...

Once I get it up and running, I will be bolting this on

http://noddle.110mb.com/EDIS/index.html

and running EDIS,

and once I sort all that out, I'll bolt this on

http://noddle.110mb.com/Turbo%20Upgrade/index.html

Nigel

heheh!!

good stuff!

i know that would of been hard to come by in tassie!

please run a cooler toough....please!

theres a tassie datsun forum with 'SCANDO' from hybrid z etc as aregular menber... hes running a hot L28 powered 260z... may be worth signing up to go see him at a baskerville track day sometime

im coming to hobart at the end of the month for a camping trip, if you need anything from vic let me know...

i got spares galore!

heheh!!

good stuff!

i know that would of been hard to come by in tassie!

please run a cooler toough....please!

theres a tassie datsun forum with 'SCANDO' from hybrid z etc as aregular menber... hes running a hot L28 powered 260z... may be worth signing up to go see him at a baskerville track day sometime

im coming to hobart at the end of the month for a camping trip, if you need anything from vic let me know...

i got spares galore!

USPS is my new friend, but it cost more to get the parts here than what it costs to buy them, (Turbo Manfold, J-Pipe - I will run a intercooler later, EDIS setup).

I'm still chasing a AFM connector (on the AFM itself), I have a quote for $120 for a AFM, but I can't see spending that much, just to chop it up for the connector.

Nigel

ok well i will make sure i get one before i leave....

i DID have one, but it got butchered to go in my mates R31, is 1 pin too short to make a reliable connection back to a R30 afm

there are a few 280zx and R30 near me... i'll go hava looksee

It looks like one from a RB30 will fit, well after hacking it with a hack saw and a rasp,

Nigel

post-13098-1222249968_thumb.jpg

post-13098-1222249988_thumb.jpg

thats the way!

did the very same thing myself, even if it is a bit 'Gagebrook' spec...

So you still need anythign?

No, I think i should be good, just need the time to do it,

my problem is that this is my daily drive, so I need to keep it running so I can get to work..

Nigel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ydr30 wrote "might av been said said but u no the floor pans between auto and manual r30s are diferent".

66yostagea wrote "Before I sent the RMR30 to Skyline heaven I tried fitting the split rear seats in an MR30. No go. everything is different from the front of the rear seat to the rear of the platform".

Maybe you both follow the wrong career paths, just maybe you should be chief designers for the BULLSHIT Car Company, because, according to the Nissan parts list for R30 Skylines there is only ONE (1) part number for the front and rear 4 door floor assemblies. Front is 74300-19551 and rear 74514-01L00.

However, there is a different part number for the GT coupe floors, along with South Africa 4 door supply.

To my knowledge the tunnel size for auto vs manual in MR30 is a myth.

As for my old friend 66yostagea and fitting the split fold rear seat to his MR30 Ozzy sedan, it's all the add ons that make it near to impossible to fit. My imported coupe has split fold rear seat, as do the imported sedans, it's just the ozzy & cheapo's that came with a fixed rear seat and therefore making mods near to impossible.

Chears, D

• 2 weeks later...

ydr30 wrote "might av been said said but u no the floor pans between auto and manual r30s are diferent".

66yostagea wrote "Before I sent the RMR30 to Skyline heaven I tried fitting the split rear seats in an MR30. No go. everything is different from the front of the rear seat to the rear of the platform".

Maybe you both follow the wrong career paths, just maybe you should be chief designers for the BULLSHIT Car Company, because, according to the Nissan parts list for R30 Skylines there is only ONE (1) part number for the front and rear 4 door floor assemblies. Front is 74300-19551 and rear 74514-01

ha! good call..

all i no is my mate had a Ti r30 auto and went manual, and he had troble wit the gearbox x member, suppose there was no chance of the holes for the member to meet up. every else was same. he figured it out in end , (custom crossmember) but like they all say "nothing bolts straight in"

for sure....

im a bit worried now!

I have all the gear to do a manual conversion, except the gearbox (well its 30km away still in a car)

UPDATE....

on the weekend i put in a (25mm)R31 front sway bar in. it does bolt straigt in, no modifications.

it also DOES make a BIG difference.

In heavy/tight cornering ther isnt as much body roll as before, and also heavy brakign around corners is alot more predictable.

handles great. i luv it.

Have some R31 rear struts to go in soon, just need the time

And got all the bits to make a rear strut brace, was a prototype fo a 2 door HR31 GTX, now needing a few bolts and she's done...

ALSO

did the 'tighten the AFM sprin to lean out the mixtures' trick.

FARK ME it makes a huge difference, i was running rich as buggery before, i guess as over 25 years the spring tension has dropped a bit.so after tightenin it up about 3 clicks now the ol girl can brake traction in the dry... no joke.

having fun...

scored a L28et loom of fleabay, still to finalise the transaction as im after a few other bits too...

Boosting will havta wait a bit.... bootcamp in 1 month!

LAstly, got a HR31 Passage GT front grill, trimmed it sligtly on the mounting tabs at the back, but fits near perfectly.... scary actually how well it goes on!

post-32896-1228183836_thumb.jpg

post-32896-1228187520_thumb.jpg