SAU Community

Mag86's Skyline Project

Factory 5

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well.... i must be looking for the wrong thing, for about the last 10 months!

fark im just gonna take it to NISSCO and get them to make me a list, and a quote to get it done, the steering basically needs all bushes replaced, tie rod ends (boots split/missing) ball joints etc...

this is so rediculous i bought this car late last year, still not friken regoed yet... i just want to drive it!

• 4 weeks later...
well.... i must be looking for the wrong thing, for about the last 10 months!

fark im just gonna take it to NISSCO and get them to make me a list, and a quote to get it done, the steering basically needs all bushes replaced, tie rod ends (boots split/missing) ball joints etc...

this is so rediculous i bought this car late last year, still not friken regoed yet... i just want to drive it!

Yeah. I got the R30 last year and have just got it going. Needs a brake master cylinder kit though. May even need the booster.

Incidently you can get a boot kit (2off) from SuperCheap or similar. So if joint is ok its only $5 to fix.

Edited by 66yostagea

Yeah. I got the R30 last year and have just got it going. Needs a brake master cylinder kit though. May even need the booster.

Incidently you can get a boot kit (2off) from SuperCheap or similar. So if joint is ok its only $5 to fix.

my steering parts vocabulary is kinda limited...

i need a diagram so i can order the correct parts, any help would be really appreciated!

i took the skyline out for a wash on saturday.... man its so easy to drive! sounded a bit like an XF falcon with the fan spinning away....

im wondering if the 'twin thermo fan' mod is a good idea, thus removing the engine fan???

i also finally chopped the wrecks good exhaust out, so now i gotta replace the mani' gasket and get it all bolted back in, then get the 2 pieces welded in!

i now have RWC tyres too....

some extra goodies should be arriving this week, so its all on now!

after it a regoed etc... then the real stuff goes on.

im thinking of what is needed for engineers cert too? can anyone help on this too???

in NSW i was told it ould be fine, but i dunno for VIC....

L20et intake manifold

1000389uh5.th.jpg

L20et throttle body (left) KA24E throttle body (right)

1000384zi7.th.jpg

L20et fits inside KA24!!!

1000385qq6.th.jpg

inbred VG30et turbo on L20et manifold (dump pipe is fused to exh. housing...)

1000387vw1.th.jpg

1000388vb1.th.jpg

killa coated setup (not mine though!)

t04bmountedel2.th.jpg

latest stuff:

recieved a working L20et ECU, (YAY!)

working brake master cylinder from a paul neman version

(plus a brand new 300zx as an upgrade/spare)

just sorting out a loom to suit the L20et ECU now...prob end up making my own.

(what did bigJC do???!)

• 2 weeks later...
!!! shit yeah.. i got quoted $300+....mmmm if i could just find an L28...mmmmm torquey goodness!!

this R30 is forsale... L28 conversion (so the sump has been modified etc too...)

5 speed...

the guy was asking for $1000... but i dont think its worth that much.

maybe $800...

it has a mild cam and a 2.25 exhaust, R32 non-turb rims etc....

i can get in contact with him if you like? its driveable... but a drive to perth might be abit dangerous as it would get covered in yellow/orange stickers on the way!

post-32896-1187041982_thumb.jpg

post-32896-1187042384_thumb.jpg

post-32896-1187042454_thumb.jpg

post-32896-1187042605_thumb.jpg

yeah...would cost me more in fines?!! what does the sump need changing for???? i could just use the one off the L20T eh?!!

the oil pickup goes into the bowl part of the sump... a L28 is opposite to the R30 type oil pickup

i think there are a few other small things too (not many ppl share this kind of knowledge)

but if you already have a L20et... just get a L24 liek i am, then you dont have to worry about sump shit!

although a guy in 1996 did a 11 sec 1/4 mile with a psyco worked L20et.... around 340HP too

if you got the time and the equipment get the L20et stripped right down, then get it all ballances, new rings, major head work, stagefumer style intake and go nuts

im doing this though with the 2.4 litre block as that extra 20% capaciity has GOT to mean something!

i just need a P90 head or N42 to port out, as N47 is a piece of shit for turbo applications (perfect for N/A streeter though)

the oil pickup goes into the bowl part of the sump... a L28 is opposite to the R30 type oil pickup

i think there are a few other small things too (not many ppl share this kind of knowledge)

but if you already have a L20et... just get a L24 liek i am, then you dont have to worry about sump shit!

although a guy in 1996 did a 11 sec 1/4 mile with a psyco worked L20et.... around 340HP too

if you got the time and the equipment get the L20et stripped right down, then get it all ballances, new rings, major head work, stagefumer style intake and go nuts

im doing this though with the 2.4 litre block as that extra 20% capaciity has GOT to mean something!

i just need a P90 head or N42 to port out, as N47 is a piece of shit for turbo applications (perfect for N/A streeter though)

oooooo i have a intake named after me :D

well i think it sounds better than "non- EGR shaved anti california" or whateva they call it on hybrid z!

i think stagefumer style sounds pretty good eh!

i have 4 intakes at the moment,

L28e

L24e x2

L20et (with egr shit)

im still thinking which one to chop to graft in some bigger runners like this engine

and why is there so much crap on thw L20et intake!!!!!!!!!

oh and as bigJC has learnt, im not going to use re-pressed in ball joints. not a chance!

post-32896-1187590625_thumb.jpg

In regards to a previous post that I missed, V8 Skyline man once pointed out that he had spun no less than 3 L-series engine fans through his radiator. Don't know about you but I'm definitely going thermos...

well i think it sounds better than "non- EGR shaved anti california" or whateva they call it on hybrid z!

i think stagefumer style sounds pretty good eh!

i have 4 intakes at the moment,

L28e

L24e x2

L20et (with egr shit)

im still thinking which one to chop to graft in some bigger runners like this engine

and why is there so much crap on thw L20et intake!!!!!!!!!

oh and as bigJC has learnt, im not going to use re-pressed in ball joints. not a chance!

Agreed, dont touch press in units. I learnt the hard way also..

Ill be sending some arms very soon

ive tracked down a P90 head with turbo cam etc.... also tracked down a N42....

im kinda confused which is the best one to use!

i might just stay with the N47 until i bust something on it, as the big D once told me about a N47 equipped L24et that kept up with a WRX!