SAU Community

Mag86's Skyline Project

Factory 5

OK

I have a mate going to the USA in a few weeks, and he has a spare 32kg of luggage he can bring back...

there is a L28et AFM, ECU, DIzzy, Loom and 'boost sensor' etc on ebay.us

im wondering will this stuff fit the l24 without major problems ( i have sourced a turbo, injectors, ex' manifold, and intake), as i can get it here in 2 months if it will fit!

so please help!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have set of DR30 front struts and brakes on hand . I also have the rears ie calipers/discs/hoses/cables that bolt to disk brake style semi trailing arms .

And a late IC FJ20T/loom/AFM/ECU and all the factory optional manifolds (both sides) . No CAS .

Oh and the twin DR30 thermo's as well , and all internals for FJT gearbox . R32 GTR rad .

All sorts of DR engine room bits and pieces looking for another garrage/engine bay to live in .

Ask away .

Cheers A .

Where are you located mate.

I'm in Adelaide and I've probably got a couple things you'd probably be after.

L28 block + flattop pistons (unsure on selling)

2&1/3 inch exhaust to suit mr30.

inlet manifold gear (very similar to 280zx-t stuff)

and other crap.

Send us a PM if you're interested.

DAMN IT!!

I went to get a final roadworthy list last week...

the mechanic reckons it will need $1000 in labour and $1000 in parts.... screw that.

there was a whole lot of sh1t he picked up on.

lower control arms ( arrgh! )

idler arm bushes

oil leack from oil prseeure sensor

diff oil leake (needs new gasketwhere do i get a diff gasket from? )

new tyres all round

brake master cylinder needs replaceing

wiper blades

number plate light not working

exhaust manifold gasket ( where do i get one of these too?)

middle muffler cracked (replace)

rear muffler holes(replace)

front and rear wheel alignment

so it looks like the turbo project will take a break, as my focus will now to get this car on the road...

any help with sourcing control arms, diff gaskets, and exhaust gaskets???

Regards,

Andrew

DAMN IT!!

the mechanic reckons it will need $1000 in labour and $1000 in parts.... screw that.

lower control arms ( arrgh! )

idler arm bushes

oil leack from oil prseeure sensor

diff oil leake (needs new gasketwhere do i get a diff gasket from? )

new tyres all round

brake master cylinder needs replaceing

wiper blades

number plate light not working

exhaust manifold gasket ( where do i get one of these too?)

middle muffler cracked (replace)

rear muffler holes(replace)

front and rear wheel alignment

so it looks like the turbo project will take a break, as my focus will now to get this car on the road...

Regards,

Andrew

Rear wheel alignment ? Hhaha good luck. Fixed rear ends. not much adjustment availble unless custom bushes fitted

DAMN IT!!

lower control arms ( arrgh! ) Bullshit! how many k's has this car done???????

idler arm bushes Same as above

oil leack from oil prseeure sensor this should be easy with some stag jointing compound or plumbers tape

diff oil leake (needs new gasketwhere do i get a diff gasket from? )works 510 or Silastik will do this perfectly

new tyres all round

brake master cylinder needs replaceing I got mine here you can have as I'm doing a 1" conversion to mine

wiper blades $5.00 at Supercheap

number plate light not working globes at Supercheap $2.00 pair

exhaust manifold gasket ( where do i get one of these too?) again supercheap like works510 says

middle muffler cracked (replace) A full system wont cost much more than $300 and you planned this in the turbo conversionrear muffler holes(replace)

front and rear wheel alignment $35 anywhere and front only, if he thinks he can do the rear by adjustment, he's a wanker, coz there is none as stagefumour said

Regards,

Andrew

A wrecker will have fairly good lower control arms and a guy on ebay sells them for $140.00 each and Rare Spares sells the idler arm assembly complete ... new!

Cheers, D

I'd also look to shaving a small fortune off the bill by really hunting around for healthy second-hand tyres. (Try and find a set where 3 are great and 1 is burn-out bald!) Remember you can have different tread/sizes on the front and rear (but not left and right). Check the trading post, the yellow pages or even ebay. Fitting and balancing anywhere should only set you back $40.

Be buggered if I'd blow $450 on a set of mediocre new michelins at Bob Janes!

You can get super-high temperature gasket goo for exhausts from Bursons for about $17.

If you cant get your OP sender to stop leaking I may have healthy spare too. Let me know.

Good luck with it.

Just for anyone interested, I just bought for AU$122.34 including freight a genuine 280ZX Turbo inlet manifold, complete with all attachments plus fuel rails, pressure regulator & injectors. Ex USA and should be here before xmas

is that inlet manifold an ebay item??

i missed out on the gear i wanted last week...

yeah the mechanic was a bit of a wanker, he said he didnt really have time to do it and recommended me to another mate of his, who is a dodgy bugga from a used car yard....

Im not going to get discouraged, this will get done.

Ghostrider, the brake master cylinder you mentioned, how long until it is available? I really want to get the car on the road before christmas if possible.

Im thinking of useing the wheels and tyres from my Pintara ( i got 'TRX' rims and Falkens, and the wheels fit, but i want to put the good tyres on the Skyline rims, dunno if they fit yet...)

Im going to call up a exhaust shop to get a quote today too.

rear end alignment? thats when i thought this guy is a trippa ( i wasnt fully convinced)

There is a red 83 hat at my local wreckers, (along with a L28 carbied C200 or some big arse datsun)

Im going to check out the control arms from that, and the exhaust even (if its roadworthy!) it would be cheaper to get that now, then get a 2.5 system new when i do the turbo setup...

there was a newish looking brake master cylinder in the boot, but it was missing the silver part on the front of it with the lines that come off it.

Ah weel thats all for now...

I'l get an upsate as soon as something else happens

P.S. Ghostrider the mastere cyl, can you get back to me pretty quick on that one?

and coupe72, can you get back to me on the oil sensor (the leak is on the plug side, not the threading...)

A, Will do. Ill have to bolt it into my car and test it first. I'd feel like an ass if I posted you one that was already knackered!

Way off topic here, but who does your freighting D? I've been selling a few bits, like wheels, on ebay and finding someone to transport them has been a bit of a nightmare.

Where are you Andrew? If in Melbourne, I can help you out with a set of either stock 14s or a set of 15s, all with RW tyres.

Im in Ringwood, Eastern suburbs ( just out from Knox City)

Mate that would be such a help!

Can we sort out some pics?

The stock rims that are on right now are in great nick, its just the tyres are small on the front and different treads on the back ( and only one of the back ones are roadworthy...)

Im not sure what sizes the stockies are (i will check when i get home on the weekend)

you can tell the tyres on the front are tiny.... looks gay as

thanks for the help

post-32896-1165884747.jpg

Edited by MAG86

Im in Ringwood, Eastern suburbs ( just out from Knox City

Mate that would be such a help!)

Glen Waverley
Can we sort out some pics?
There should be at least 1 pic of the 15s up in the gallery
The stock rims that are on right now are in great nick, its just the tyres are small on the front and different treads on the back ( and only one of the back ones are roadworthy...)

Im not sure what sizes the stockies are (i will check when i get home on the weekend)

195/70 from memory

Just had a look at your pic - those look pretty much like the 15s

Edited by blind_elk

I'm taking my Cressida for a run tomorrow night to WSID so I could probably take it off on Thursday and get it posted Friday. Either you get me your address pronto and I'll send it COD or you can send me the postage or whatever. Melbournes not that far away, I have long arms when it comes to that lol

Cheers, D

I went to the wreckers to look at the MR30 they had there, AND THEY CRUSHED IT THE DAY BEFORE....

damnit! i knew i should of got the parts the other weekend!

i was so annoyed...

anyways i looked at the other old dattos and found a C260, man these things looked like the 70's VIP

it has a carbied L26, with GENIE 321 exctractors on it, ( and i didnt have time to see what stamp was on the camshaft...)

i was thinking of bolting the extractors on my L24e MR30 for the time being, (untill the turbo stuff comes along...) they only wanted $40 for them too!

so the question is, What stamp am i looking for on the camshaft, ( is it 'C' or something?)

and will the extractors fit, and will they make any noticeable power difference (i.e. is it worth it?)