SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Anyone seen one of these before? Needless to say the car does not smoke in the traditional sense (a la Mitsu Magna!).

I'm thinking disgruntled neighbour, which hurts a little.....

Still, 7 years of GTR ownership and this is the worst I've had.

I'll expect one of those one day soon..... dat diesel smoke <3

Cool, got my defect cleared. Took the Vicroads chick all of 5 seconds. No one came out to inspect the vehicle, but they wouldn't remove the defect notice. She said I had to do it myself. It's glued on pretty well, can't seem to get it off without tearing it. What's the best way to remove it?

I've searched SAU but no love. Googled and random things like hairdryer, solvents, nail polish remover, eucalyptus oil, razor blades, paint scrapers all came up. What's the SAFEST option for not scratching the crap out of the windscreen? I don't mind a bit more work. Thanks guys.

I just cleared my defect today witch i got last night,i just left it on, at least ill avoid getting another one as the car is back low and loud anyway..

Edited by Johnie

Sounds like past experience to me :D

lol... you want past experience?

Wait until the officer drives off and then pull the defect sticker off right away OR as soon as you get home.

Then just sticky tape it on once it dries (or just wipe the glue off and tape it on). It's only illegal to not display it... Says nothing about taking it off and immediately re-affixing so it's not a massive pain in the ass later!

That's true experience for ya :merli:

Wait until the officer drives off and then pull the defect sticker off right away OR as soon as you get home.

Then just sticky tape it on once it dries (or just wipe the glue off and tape it on). It's only illegal to not display it... Says nothing about taking it off and immediately re-affixing so it's not a massive pain in the ass later!

You truly are the king of kings...

:worship: :rolleyes:

Just get a small bucket of water & rag.

Soaks off in a few mins.

Thanks. Came off slowly but nicely.

Excellent advice!

Whats the fine for driving defected vehicle? (as in you're in the peroid where you're not meant to drive it)

I needa get to work tomorrow. I'm on stockies at stock height, look like a standard civic.

$500 or $550, cant remember the current un-rego fine amount, it might well have gone up too.

Yes suspended - Which IIRC, counts the same as un-rego'd because the registration is technically not valid as you are driving outside the conditions of it.

After 1 month they DE-REGISTER the car fully at that point.

Either way it's not a slap on the wrist that you are expecting - so carry some KY if you intend.

Also bare in mind insurance won't cover you, nor will TAC should you end up in an accident