SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Oh man I feel for you if you live in hobsons bay the cops there are dogs I never got defected anywhere but within hobsons bay! Willy/altona beach is a no go for imports or anything modified

Could you please explain how putting the stock globes let you pass? Or is it that some non-R 34s have halogen standard lights?

I've heard you can't just slot the halogens into the HID lights as they won't work??

Should of mentioned this was in my integra not the 34 :D not sure about the factory 34 hid lights

I got pulled over in my GT-R the other day in Altona Meadows since it's got no plates as i'm using a permit.

I was driving after 7pm which is a no no, thought I was going to get screwed but the copper said that since he owned a GT-R and was a fan of my car he let me go.

I asked him if I could still go to the servo to grab some E85 and he said as far as he was aware he didn't see me and told me to have a good night.

1st bit of luck I've ever had in all the times I've been pulled over.

Usually a un-rego'd car fine - which is $500, you got very lucky although admitting to it on a forum probably not the smarted idea

I did get very lucky and I don't mind admitting it on here as the car won't see the street again till it is registered.

That is very lucky.

By the way, what is the deal with major defect notice in terms of driving it. There are two dates given:

- 7 days post defect, "this vehicle must not be used on or after... etc"

- 1 month post defect, after which the vehicle's registration may be suspended by Vicroads if not cleared by then.

How about the time between the two dates? Can you still drive the car to the mechanic to rectify defects, get RWC, or to Vicroads to clear it? I called Vicroads and the girl seemed to think that was the case (they only seemed to care about the later date), but I have heard from other people that you need to get some $40 permit during this time??? She didn't know anything about it.

The vicroads talks about an unregistered permit, but that doesn't seem to be what is needed - because the car's registration is still valid for 1 month post defect. The 7 days just seems to be an arbitrary time period the cops give, but do they enforce not driving between the 7-28 day time period, even if you're just going to mechanic/Vicroads? Any one know for sure?? Thanks.

After 7 days you can only drive to and from mechanics vicroads etc for the purpose of making the car into a rwc state if u get caught driving after 7 (I think) it's $600 fine driving in registered also a tight cop will probably want proof where you have been / where your going

So ideally clear it within 7 days.

Edited by alr33x

That is very lucky.

By the way, what is the deal with major defect notice in terms of driving it. There are two dates given:

- 7 days post defect, "this vehicle must not be used on or after... etc"

- 1 month post defect, after which the vehicle's registration may be suspended by Vicroads if not cleared by then.

How about the time between the two dates? Can you still drive the car to the mechanic to rectify defects, get RWC, or to Vicroads to clear it? I called Vicroads and the girl seemed to think that was the case (they only seemed to care about the later date), but I have heard from other people that you need to get some $40 permit during this time??? She didn't know anything about it.

The vicroads talks about an unregistered permit, but that doesn't seem to be what is needed - because the car's registration is still valid for 1 month post defect. The 7 days just seems to be an arbitrary time period the cops give, but do they enforce not driving between the 7-28 day time period, even if you're just going to mechanic/Vicroads? Any one know for sure?? Thanks.

As Alex said, you have 7 days to clear. So you can drive the car ANYWHERE in those 7 days.

After those 7 days (and upto 28), you can ONLY drive to/from Mechanics or VicRoads for the explicit reason of clearing the defect. Taking the car for a service for example is not valid.

The car is still registered, unrego permit has no relevance here.

After 7 days you can only drive to and from mechanics vicroads etc for the purpose of making the car into a rwc state if u get caught driving after 7 (I think) it's $600 fine driving in registered also a tight cop will probably want proof where you have been / where your going

So ideally clear it within 7 days.

Lol what a load of BS, depending on what you get done for its almost impossible to get it done in 7 days.

Anyone seen one of these before? Needless to say the car does not smoke in the traditional sense (a la Mitsu Magna!).

I'm thinking disgruntled neighbour, which hurts a little.....

Still, 7 years of GTR ownership and this is the worst I've had.

post-46395-0-93504900-1358279015_thumb.jpg

Anyone seen one of these before? Needless to say the car does not smoke in the traditional sense (a la Mitsu Magna!).

I'm thinking disgruntled neighbour, which hurts a little.....

Still, 7 years of GTR ownership and this is the worst I've had.

1 long time no see, why no race with us no more...damn 911 drivers

2 seen b4 and yeah unless a cop or vicroads see you blowing smoke nothing to worry about.

prob a annoying prius driver who saw you warming up your car.

2 seen b4 and yeah unless a cop or vicroads see you blowing smoke nothing to worry about.

Long time no race! Been doing some non competitive Tarmac Rally stuff but even with that it's one or two events a year only. Kids / money / time = blockers! Yeah, worst thing about owning a 911 is you become a 'Porsche guy'. Still love the GTR more....

I'll have to stay off boost in my local hood by the looks of things.

Well don't drive a car that's illegally modified then, or toughen up.

Anyway this isn't a chat thread because you disagree with the law.

Any decent mod ie coilovers, intercooler etc are all illegal.

Not disagreeing at all, just pointing out the obvious flaws in the 'system'.

Not sure if its a good thing EPA sending out a letter, I wonder if your reg goes on there system as having a complaint against it?

Actually I would be worried. Reason being if you get a few reports then the EPA will haul your ass in for a full inspection. It's actually WORSE than the Police reporting you for noise... As ANYONE can report a smokey vehicle without any evidence what so ever.

So Nick - If you do have a disgruntled neighbour I suggest you start planning some kind of counter attack or blackmail if you can work out who :merli:

But on a more serious note, take it super super easy around your area. You don't want them reporting you a few more times, or for that matter getting other residents in on the act because if you get reports from multi-sources that obviously makes the EPA more trigger happy rather than one retarded tree hugging hippy

I report smokey vehicles all the time, the utter rust bucket ones (90-96 Magna's are the worst). That way it gives the EPA some actual real policing to do.

Actually I would be worried. Reason being if you get a few reports then the EPA will haul your ass in for a full inspection. It's actually WORSE than the Police reporting you for noise... As ANYONE can report a smokey vehicle without any evidence what so ever.

So Nick - If you do have a disgruntled neighbour I suggest you start planning some kind of counter attack or blackmail if you can work out who :merli:

But on a more serious note, take it super super easy around your area. You don't want them reporting you a few more times, or for that matter getting other residents in on the act because if you get reports from multi-sources that obviously makes the EPA more trigger happy rather than one retarded tree hugging hippy

I report smokey vehicles all the time, the utter rust bucket ones (90-96 Magna's are the worst). That way it gives the EPA some actual real policing to do.

Agreed.