SAU Community

Skyline R33 Vs Toyota Chaser

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaser as well :D twin turbo 2.5L

hmmm wait a sec.. same engine as soarer.. are soarer's faster then r33's in stock form?

Same engine maybe, but the soarer is heavier... On power to weight it would go:

Chaser at 206kw in 1480kg-ish = 139kw/tonne

Skyline R33 at 185kw in 1360kg-ish = 136kw/tonne

Soarer at 206kw in 1560kg-ish = 132kw/tonne

Not that I'm suggesting that power to weight is the only factor that influences acceleration...

Hmmm.....Chaser for sure......

Does anyone Thought about the Tourqe from the TT motor should be significantly hight at Low reves than the R33...

Never really driven a chaser though... :D

Dunno about that - I've always thought the 1JZ twin turbo to be slightly laggy... Although that experience is from a 16 year old Supra. The late model single turbo VVTi 1JZGTE is meant to be far better down low.

chaser. if the skyline was manual it b close i think especially if you got a good launch (good tyres)...

Damn....i though a Manual R33 could keep up with it, given that the chaser is Auto, I know there good..but never though that good.

I have Owned Both a 1997 Series II R33 GTST and a 1997 Toyota JZX100 Chaser Auto.

The Auto Chasers Maul Manual and Auto skylines with up to 200 rwkw.

I had a Catback exhaust on the Chaser and a K&N Pod filter and with the auto ran a 13.2.

On the street, most of my mates 200 rwkw Skylines got dusted. They develop a shitload more torque than the RB25, even More than a Standard RB26.

Beautiful car - get a Manual one though, so so much better and they can pull 13s with no mods whatsoever.

Just to remind you - a JZX90 - Pre 96 Model with the Old 1JZ would be on Par with an Auto R33 - after basic mods though would eat a 33.

JZX100s Came with a Different Motor alltogether - Single Turbo 1JZ VVTi.

ahahahah its a skyline forum an no-ones backing the skyline here

oh and if you couldnt tell, ^^^ thats another chaser vote here