SAU Community

Insight Motorsport

JUN R33

There are more Skyline experts interstate then there are in Darwin.

Simple fact is - I don't want to take the risk if I am going to spend big dollars on modifications...would you?

CRD may very well be where I sent the car to..

No - I have never and will never take shortcuts or cut corners on my cars tuning, thats why my car is tuned and prepared by CRD.

sounds like results are more important than saving a few bucks, just curious have you had bad results/experiences with tuners in darwin or just being careful feel free to pm if you are not keen on posting in open forum

here is an option for you. instead of sending your car to sydney for tuning, send the tuner from sydney to darwain. try Hitman at Race solutions. i know he travels around a bit tuning. I'm sure if you paid his flights and a full day or two of his time he would probably come up for you. 2 full days of tuning $$ and the flights would probably still cost less than sending your car all the way to sydney, and it would be faster, and your car never has to leave darwain, and you get to be there when it's tuned :)

fob2nv - i got mine tuned by scott at insight, full tune required a base map which he done, i paid $500 all up!

he knows his stuff and doesnt mind spending some extra time for free

scott also help/taught me how to change my trigger disk in my CAS for the autronic and didnt charge me, i would highly recommend him

fob2nv - i got mine tuned by scott at insight, full tune required a base map which he done, i paid $500 all up!

he knows his stuff and doesnt mind spending some extra time for free

scott also help/taught me how to change my trigger disk in my CAS for the autronic and didnt charge me, i would highly recommend him

Well that's the quote he gave me.I'm not saying he dont know his stuff.Hitman told me $550.And from what i've heard he's pretty good.

In regards to tuning- By the time flights, hotel, food, workshop hiring etc are paid for, it would have been cheaper and easier to just send the car directly to the workshop and have everything done there properly.

I am planning a full rebuild of the RB and would like it to be handled by an experienced workshop.

Living in Darwin doesn't give me much of a choice so, with the plans I have for the car - I have no choice but, to send it down south and get it done right the first time.

Cheers.

I have settled on Sydney as I have family members there who can keep me in touch with the car and also this workshop is highly recommended on SAU.

Could have chosen any workshop but, this workshop is one of the best.

Cheers.

I have settled on Sydney as I have family members there who can keep me in touch with the car and also this workshop is highly recommended on SAU.

Could have chosen any workshop but, this workshop is one of the best.

Cheers.

I have just been chatting to the owner of the workshop you are planning on using

Your car will be in good hands Gavin.

Personally I would get it tuned in Darwin, because that's were it lives, those are the conditions it has to run in every day. We have been to Darwin a couple of times with the race cars and I can tell you that we had to retune them for the local humidity and heat. We hired out one of the local dynos.

A number of Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane Improved Production cars will be there for the V8 Supercar meeting 22-24th June. Many of the leading teams tuners usually make the trip up north. I would try and hook up with one of them, get them to stay an extra day and tune your car.

:no: cheers :down: