SAU Community

What Exhaust Is Everyone Runnin?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4" Trust titanium muffler with 3" stainless cat back with 3" high flow xforce cat...soon getting stainless 3" front/dump pipe

screamer and straight 4" out the side infront of p.s back wheel. You cant think at idle and its clearly one of the loudest cars at the track. Its so loud when you go past the commentary tower at qr, you can hear the cars exhaust as feedback through the speakers when they talk. The flames are another story ;)

X force stainless 3" split dump pipe bolted onto a JIC magic 3" engine pipe

bolted onto an x-force stainless cat bolted onto a

HKS silent hi-power 3" exhaust.

The system is actually quiter than my stock exhaust at certain rpms, but absolutely growls when I open up the throttle. No drone at all which is a big bonus to me.

My PeII is still going strong after 5 years, love to get one of the titanium ones for the track, whats the rough price on the 80mm titanium one uras?

Its like a Z job.

If you have to ask, you can't afford it :blink:

custom 3 inch dump pipe with screamer to magnaflow 650cfm cat, to 3.25 inch 5zigen Border exhaust. not bad for an exhaust made in 1998, its quiet as per normal then when opened up sounds very nice.

Edited by Pauly33GTS-t

has anyone bothered to do the calculations on what a 2inch, 3inch, 4 inch system will actually flow?

you'll find that even a mandrel bent 2.5 inch system has enough capacity to flow like 400hp.

I don't remember the calculations exactly.. I think Sydney Kid had posted them at one point.

3 inch system

single dump pipe

exhaust is:

turbo to cat (unknown brand) mild steel

magnaflow high flow cat

then magnaflow stainless steel all the way back

dual tip at the end, looks steathly apart from the fact it's shiny :blink:

larger resonator (high tech mufflers) dropped noise from 92db down to 85db, didn't really notice any power decrease

How loud is it?

I have the same cat-back with stock front and stock cat, It's a bit quiet for my liking..

its not that much louder on idle to be honest lol.. but sounndsss really goood in the +5000rpm range :blink:

has anyone bothered to do the calculations on what a 2inch, 3inch, 4 inch system will actually flow?

you'll find that even a mandrel bent 2.5 inch system has enough capacity to flow like 400hp.

I don't remember the calculations exactly.. I think Sydney Kid had posted them at one point.

i dont think anyone really cares how much they flow outright, its a matter of what works better :domokun:

a 2.5" pipe may flow enough for you to make 400hp, but if switch to 3" your sure to make a decent gain.