SAU Community

R33: (gts-t) Series 1 And 2 Differences

PranK

• 2 weeks later...

this thread is so confusing, so up and down... and so many people that dont read back a bit to find that cars had options, almost everything is an option, airbags, abs, sideskirts, plenty of shit.

my wife has a 93 gts25t 4 door auto. now im totally confused by this all, cos some people throughout the thread say there is no such thing as a s1.5. but it has an s1 front end(which someone else told me today was a s2?), but what ive read is a s1.5 front bar, and s2 taillights(covers, not painted), and an s1 engine.

wtf is it? heres some pics

DSCF2145.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Edited by sly-hcr32

that is definitely a S1 front, no such thing as a S1.5 front, S1.5 is just a mix of S1 and S2 parts, from what i have seen, S1 front and engine but with S2 interior.

Not sure about the tail lights as i dont kow the difference's in 4 doors, judging by the year though i would say its a S1.

that is definitely a S1 front, no such thing as a S1.5 front, S1.5 is just a mix of S1 and S2 parts, from what i have seen, S1 front and engine but with S2 interior.

Are you talking about the 2 door coupe there?

If you are there are infact a difference between the s1 and 1.5. 1995 came out with whats commonly called "m-spec" front bumper. Similar design yes, but its still a different front bar.

If you talking about the 4 door then im not sure...and ur probably right.

Edited by br3ndan

If you are there are infact a difference between the s1 and 1.5. 1995 came out with whats commonly called "m-spec" front bumper. Similar design yes, but its still a different front bar.

Correct. Mine is a '95 with this front bumper but also has s2 engine (different turbo and no ignitor under hood) and s2 rear wing. Doesn't contain relay in the rh door for power windows like s1 either and has different interior trim to both s1 and s2. Drivers air bag is also different to s2.

Correct. Mine is a '95 with this front bumper but also has s2 engine (different turbo and no ignitor under hood) and s2 rear wing. Doesn't contain relay in the rh door for power windows like s1 either and has different interior trim to both s1 and s2. Drivers air bag is also different to s2.

Got a pic of your interior?

sunroof was most definetly offered in series two from the factory i have seen a few of them.

Here's my reply (almost 4 year later though) :thumbsup:

I have recently bought a (1997) series 2 with a nice factory fit (glass) sunroof ...

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by Torques

Whats the difference between the S1 and S2 engines? how can u tell which is which?

Igniter module on the back of the coil pack cover, only S1's have it, S2's have it built into there coil packs.

Igniter module on the back of the coil pack cover, only S1's have it, S2's have it built into there coil packs.

So does that mean that coil packs have to be specifically for S2 if you buy a replacement?

And how about the ECU then?

Cheers from London,

Andrew

So does that mean that coil packs have to be specifically for S2 if you buy a replacement?

And how about the ECU then?

Cheers from London,

Andrew

Coil packs are different from S1 and S2 but i believe the ecu is the same, its just that the S1 has a seperate igniter whereas S2 has the igniter built into each coil.

I dont think the ECU's are interchangeable, aside from the igniter the AFM is a different part number (has a pink sticker instead of green?) as well

I dont think the ECU's are interchangeable, aside from the igniter the AFM is a different part number (has a pink sticker instead of green?) as well

Hi!

Thanks for pointing this out, since I'm quite new to Skylines :(

As for the AFM there seems to be a mesh of wires inside, compared to a single wire prior to S2.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Q; What is the difference between a series 1 and series 2 R33 Gtst?

A; There are several differences...

• The front end of the series 2 is sharper, slimmer headlights, different front bar (indicators and fog lights are round and located at the bottom of the bar). The bonnet has much sharper ridges.

Also the S1 has an ignitor located on top of the motor at the back on the rocker cover near the firewall, whereas the S2 has the ignitor built into the ECU. Another small differance is the headlight backings, where S1 has black backing and S2 has chrome backing.

I have a series 1 and I have chrome backed headlights if series 2 are slimmer and chrome how do they fit my series 1? :D

I have a series 1 and I have chrome backed headlights if series 2 are slimmer and chrome how do they fit my series 1? :D

You have S1 4 door headlights, S1 4 door and 2 door headlights fit both but 4 door ones are cheaper, so you either have a 4 door or at some stage (usually after an accident) some has changed them for the cheaper lights.