SAU Community

R33: (gts-t) Series 1 And 2 Differences

PranK

The definative way to check the model is using the FAST software from this thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...++nissan++check

But simply, the Series 1 v Series 2 differences are in this thread, a series 1.5 looks like series 1 but has the series 2 motor (ie no ignitor pack)

its all so confusing!lol

the 1 im looking at , doesnt have the bars in the grill, its just like blank grill with nothing

has round lights in the bar, 1 orange 1 clear.

has a real dark interior...velour i think, and doenst have any real pattern on it

has an airbag steering wheel, but not sure if it has passenger airbag.

do they all have an LSD? or was it only an option?

so can anyone list the HARD AND FAST FACTS <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I can gather ofF here the series 1 changed around late 95 to the 1.5 and changed again Jan/Feb to series II. The compliance plate under bonnet will tell you mine says Clicky 02/96 confirmed by FAST.

I just bought an R33 which appears to be a S2, its a january 1996 model. What concerns me is that it may not be a real S2 because it has no ABS or sunroof. Does anyone if the very early S2 come without ABS ?

mate

Series 2 didn't come standard with a sunroof, optional extra. As for the ABS, i think that all series 2 came standard ABS.

has a real dark interior...velour i think, and doenst have any real pattern on it

has an airbag steering wheel, but not sure if it has passenger airbag.

Sounds like a 1.5. 1.5 have series 1 interor and exterior (except the rear wing which is a series 2) Drivers side airbag is optional extra on series 1 but standard on series 1.5.

Does the Frontbar look like mine (in avitar) if so it's a series II and yes they are all lsd.

yeah looks the same as that mate...

its a 95 model, but im not sure what month etc....what month did series 2 start if it did in-fact start in 95?

and i dont remember seeing a date on the compliance plate...all i saw was that it was complied by ARDOCK PTY LTD...but ill look on monday

LSD....good stuff :P

http://members.dodo.com.au/paul/pics/mycar...e5/Imgp0450.jpg

thats the normal series 2 skyline front. all series 1.5 cars do not have this front. the bonnet is different also. you can see the lines that go up it

i believe series 1 and 1.5 were in 1995. series 2 only in 1996, 1997, 1998

an optional a-lsd is fitted on some models and the rpm display looks like this

http://members.dodo.com.au/paul/pics/mycar...e3/IMGP0122.JPG

http://members.dodo.com.au/paul/pics/mycar...e5/Imgp0450.jpg

thats the normal series 2 skyline front. all series 1.5 cars do not have this front. the bonnet is different also. you can see the lines that go up it

i believe series 1 and 1.5 were in 1995. series 2 only in 1996, 1997, 1998

an optional a-lsd is fitted on some models and the rpm display looks like this

http://members.dodo.com.au/paul/pics/mycar...e3/IMGP0122.JPG

well the R33 GTS-T im looking at buying atm, is a 95, and advertised as a series 2...

has the front bar like yours, but didnt notice those lines on the bonnet, which i cant say im a fan of.

also has reverse EL dials, so i doubt i'd be able to tell if it had an LSD by looking at the tacho..

would a mechanic be able to identify an LSD once its on a hoist?

edit. i think it may have that bonnet, but the angle you took that pic from really emphasised those lines...

if its a 1995 then its a series 1 or series 1.5. no series 2 in 1995

the a-lsd diff has a finned cover around the diff housing. same as gtr v-spec diff. get the vin number and fast will tell you what model it is. it could have just had a front bar swapped for the series 2 front bar. the series 1 and series 2 engines are different and u can visually tell by looking at the throttle body

if its a 1995 then its a series 1 or series 1.5. no series 2 in 1995

the a-lsd diff has a finned cover around the diff housing. same as gtr v-spec diff. get the vin number and fast will tell you what model it is. it could have just had a front bar swapped for the series 2 front bar. the series 1 and series 2 engines are different and u can visually tell by looking at the throttle body

ive already got the VIN number...what part of it will tell me if its a series 1, 1.5 or 2?

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, just my experience. I recently put a sII engine into my r32 and my auto electrician who is abit of a cpu freak used the sI cpu as he reckons that they are more responsive to tuning and more adjustable. Can anyone shed any light on this???

Also, my sII has only slight mods, cat back exhaust, pod. What iridium plug should i use?? BKR5EIx-11 or BKR6EIx-11???

• 3 weeks later...

Also - don't forget that there is the 40th Anniversary SII.. such as mine :)..

it's got the GT-R adjustable rear wing.. and also mine has a nismo front bar.. which gets rid of the foglights and just has the blinkers..

apart from that - it's also got hicas and sunroof as options.. + 2 x 40th anv stictching in seats.. that's about it. really..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I also own a 40th anniversary series II and its pretty much the same as the regular

series II except for the badges and the lip added to the front bar and its midnight purple which ive been told only comes on GTR's an 40th's. Also has factory keyless entry.

Also i'd have to say that ABS must be factory option because a mate doesn't have it in his. a bit strange really.

Edited by Midnight R33