SAU Community

Someone Gives You $5,600 To Spend On Motorsport

Duncan

We paid $5,000 for Targa Tas entry - although to be fair it cost a lot more than just the entry fee.

v s p e c it is a very specific amount, thats what some people think a bathurst trak day is worth.

But lets do this properly with Brendans idea.

Option 1/

Take your car to bathurst for a supersprint

Option 2/

Cab to airport $50

Fly to Frankfurt $1080 (royal brunei via fligh centre)

3 day Car hire $1k/day $3,000

2 days at the nurburgring e345/dy $1100

3 day accomodation e100/night Tiergarten hotel $480

Fly back to Aus

Cab back home $50

total 5760.

$160 over budget but I think Ill take option 2.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd either go with the nurburgring idea or I'd take the $5600 with me next time I'm in japan. I'd buy a cheap-ish silvia or something at around 200,000-250,000 jpy (around $2K-$2.5K), then I'd get my fuji speedway licence and do some fuji laps. then I'd go to mobara and do some drift. then go to tsukuba and do some tsukuba laps. with the money left over I'd take it to a wrecker and have it chopped in half and sent over here as parts. then sell them. get my $5600 back and go with marks idea.

I'd either go with the nurburgring idea or I'd take the $5600 with me next time I'm in japan. I'd buy a cheap-ish silvia or something at around 200,000-250,000 jpy (around $2K-$2.5K), then I'd get my fuji speedway licence and do some fuji laps. then I'd go to mobara and do some drift. then go to tsukuba and do some tsukuba laps. with the money left over I'd take it to a wrecker and have it chopped in half and sent over here as parts. then sell them. get my $5600 back and go with marks idea.

outstanding idea richard!

I've had an even better idea! Take the $5600, buy a cheap non registered silvia, or like a series 4 RX7. drive myself up to bathurst on a quiet evening. do some hot laps round the mountain. either crash out in a blaze of glory at the chase, or get if caught I should have enough dough left from the $5600 to make bail, and still have a few bucks to get drunk and make outrageous claims about my lap times.

subcriptions to the newsletter is free for SAU users. :thumbsup:

can only dream of taking a drive on the Ring, but hope my missus will understand when we go on a honeymoon that i need a day for "me" time to go for a sprint lol hahaha wouldnt mind paying that lady who's the faster driver on that track to take me for a spin in her cab and see how that is lol probs more fun just being in the passenger seat than wetting my pants in the drivers seat doin high speed cornering :)

Asanti_diamond_rims.jpg

ask any american, any real american... It doesn't matter if your bigger by an inch or a mile, biggers bigger...

You haven't been fishing in the SAU bank account have you? :domokun:

when i seen you counting the money at the end of the day.i never thought you would be on here trauling for ideas on how to spend the money.and then have the tounge to lie and say that a sponsor gave it to you.:)

option 2 sounds the go.

Come on everbody,,,it's a once in a life time opportunity.

Entry form downloaded and very interested.

I'll need a pit crew,,,any takers?.

Neil.

well not really a once in a lifetime experience, bathurst is very do-able all you need is a NC license and some cash to buy a drive with a ute or similar.

I reckon if you do the supersprint you will be held up by a bunch of CEOs in their vw golfs.

put it all on red.

you'll turn your 5.6k into 11.2k.

the choice is simple.

i say put it on evens...

i'd :

fix my car so it stops this damn stupid boost cut.

fuel pump, clutch

-install my turbo sittin in the garage

-passenger bride seat + harness

-cage

-rear spoiler

-fix rear left coilover

-any money left goes to retune :P

-oh and a HKS gold insert bov :dry: (flutta type)