SAU Community

Car Service Around Ringwood/bayswater/croydon

Rochey

hey all i got my car last nov, its a series 2 R33 gts-t. and has no mods except for bodykit and a pod filter.

i want to get my car serviced and a general look over. as i havnt had the car looked over since i bought it. i figured as it was complied days before i bought it (im the first aussie owner) most things would be checked over.

i live in Montrose which is near RINGWOOD / BAYSWATER / CROYDON

does anyone know a TRUSTWORTHY place to take my car to? i dont wanna take my car to some wanker who will rip me off and take my car for a joyride. wish i had an apexi power fc so i could rev limit the car while its in the shop. but i dont.

any suggestions will be much appreciated.

cheers all :D

thanks ash, i seen that but im after somewhere fairly close that ppl can recomend.

what colour is you 33 i also live in montrose

my r33 is white with a very wide kit on it. where in montrose are you? i live near billanook primary on sheffield road. where do you service your car?

Ye there are a few places.

If you get a few of the names (eg: racepace) you'll soon see what kind of rep that have searching the Vic section :thumbsup:

Threads like these are pretty common, so you get a good idea of who uses which workshop.

/\/\/\/\ Im with Ashs EG, and give a Vote for :thumbsup: RacePace your line couldnt be in safer hands!!

Ash do u know if he still works on and tunes other cars besides GTR's(RB26)? EG GTS-T's(RB20/25) and Silvias(SR20)??

im in mooroolbark just up from billanook primary a bit. Ill keep an eye out for you :) im in a blue r33 series 1.

Dave down at Innocent Motor does a pretty good job I personally havent used him but all my mates with jap cars do.

I work in Bayswater so i went to pay Racepace a visit at lunchtime. Nice guys there, extremely tidy workshop but they only really do GTR's.

If I had a GTR, i'd take mine there.

haha +1

I dont feel like wasting their time with my r32 gtst either :(

I drive from Ferntree Gully (live up the road from racepace) to recustoms instead :D

got my car back.

overall the work im happy with but not the communication.

i called up ben the guy that runs the show. he said yeh we can service ya car etc. basic price is $240.

i ask him whats involved he tells me just a basic oil change, top up fluids, change spark plugs if necessary. i tell him my battery needs changing over and im supplying it. no worries he replies.

when i take my car there he asks for the keys. tells me he'll call me when he's done. should be done by 5:00pm....

i wait all day no call....show up at 5:30pm and my cars ready. i walk into the office, hes on the phone to a friend chatting about cars, he lets me wait there for 5 minutes while chatting on the phone about nothing important. hands me a receipt with a bill of $495.

after another coupla minutes he tells his mate he has to go theres a customer waiting. i ask him how my car went, he says yeh fine. i ask if they found anything out of the ordinary or unusual. he says not really, all good. then im like why didnt you call to tell me it was gonna be this much? hes like well 240 is basic but we needed to change your battery over and change your spark plugs and a few other bits n pieces.

overall. the car runs much better. the workmanship from what ive seen is near perfect. i just think he could of communicated a bit better.

undecided if ill go back.