SAU Community

Show Me Your Racing Machines

screamin'

Suspension wise i would be clueless as well. But as they are commonly used for a bit of drift both in the US and in Japan you should be able to find a reasonable amount of info, particularly for the front end.

Why webers?

Why webers?

I hope they are small webbers or I would just use 1, espesially if its for drift, unless you can keep the motor spinning above 5000, which would be pretty awesome :)

That was my first car, i still miss it. Sold it to pay rego on the skyz back in jan 01, always wanted to put a rotor in it.

Saw one on the way home today that was all pumped as fk and got all nostalgic

dunoo, will have to ask him. Maybe google the name above the door if you can make it out.

also, bought this from Revzone in melb.

post-256-1247186116.jpg

post-256-1247186126.jpg

post-256-1247186135.jpg

replacement rear half should be arriving at the shop next week. rebuild imminent. tempted to chuck an SR in it for shits n giggles :P

Looks like Trevor Voss' old car, was a nasty wack at Dandenong Rd corner at Sandown...

Cut & shut FTW!! :teehee:

just cut the fkn thing off and put a long rear on it....its stuffed you dont need no underbody measurement for that :teehee:

well we've bought a long rear and waiting for it to get to the shop. altho I'm hoping the driver side rear quarter is salvageable.

Why webers?

Well its that or dellorto's or scoring a 20V on the cheap...

My reasoning seems to be based around nostalgia and noise more than anything - call me indulgent :teehee: .

In terms of size, my carb tuner recommended 40's if its a daily and 45's if its seeing race and high rpm use. Expected outcome will be doughy down low (he said from 2500 rpm and below) but above that it should be peachy with excellent high RPM response.

He seems to believe with the cams I am looking at it will all come together nicely.

Just an idea of what they sound like with carbs for those who don't know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXMSCRHwug...feature=related

except benms lone nascup car which of course was US built or at least designed.

Designed and built in USA more than 10yrs ago (with minor updates done to chassis and new shell designs over the past 10yrs).

I'd much much rather be in an accident or rollover in my nascup (baby grand mmra) car than in the current Aussie Racing Cars due to the chassis/cage design. But then, i'd much much rather own an Aussie Racing Car than my Nascup car but not for the extra $20k purchase price.

I think the suspension plans for my car are thrown out the window.

I am kind of sticking to improved production guidelines because if I ever got serious thats the path I would take. It seems that I am unable to change the rear suspension to a type other than stock apart from the obvious springs / shocks and so on.

Exerpt from rules:

9. SUSPENSION AND STERING

9.1 Springs: Springs are free provided that the type and location are unchanged (by type is meant: coil, torsion bar,

leaf etc.)

Am I correct in thinking that I would be unable to change to weld in coilovers?

So changed the springs to 6kg - I had harder springs in for a little while but I found it made the rear even MORE tail happy when I just want something fairly neutral with perhaps a touch of oversteer. New adjustable shocks. New canard bar. New heavy duty Whiteline sway bar and strut bar coming. Lots of polyeurethane bushings. Also scored some free power - removed everything in the boot, rear seats, some sound deadener and most of the centre console. Enough to be an advantage but no so much that I would be uncomfortable as I am driving it on the street a lot of the time still.

Hell it weighs 940 kilos stock (or there abouts) anyhow :thumbsup:

repost all the pics of your car dane! forum lost our posts. :D

anyway, carrying on from our now invisible conversation I went out and got one of those green tomei 3 point braces for the S13. I'm not impulsive :)

was not too bad on price, and will be here today. schweet.

haha! awesome work, i paid nearly $300 (incl ems) and had to wait a month for one to come up on yahoo jp, you were very quick!

i actually noticed a positive difference in the front end "feel" of the car when i swapped out the old cusco and installed the tomei.