SAU Community

High Flow Turbo

It seems that many of us, myself included are looking for a good quality, affordable turbo upgrade such as high flowing our own turbo like the service slide used to offer. Now that slide no longer offers this service to us. I just wanted to see if anyone out there knows of a place that could maybe offer a similar service to a slide high flow with similar pricing and turbo results, these places can be australia wide. Possibly we can approach such a place and organise a special price for sau members or even a group buy if enough people are interested because i am sure i am not the only one after a high flow and chasing the 250rwkw mark. We need another option like slide used to offer and it could be good for their bussiness also if they produce a quality reliable product by having members using their turbos and word of mouth on forums and the street maybe build a reputation as good as slides for his turbos. So in short this thread is to gather interest and ideas and hopefully organise some quality high flows at an affordable price. I am sure we can if we all put our knowledge and buying power together. So any ideas and interest post here. Aso if interested post when you would be considering high flowing your turbo.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too hard to read.

GCG/Precision turbos - ball bearing. Great turbos.

I think the slides were about half the price thats why he was more interested in them as they were a bit more affordable.

a few things to consider here

*Aaron was finding it harder and harder to get the parts required to make 'em

*It was tedious work that he hated, and he wasn't really making worthwhile money on them anyway for the work involved

I am aware of those factors and know of gcg and precision. However surely there must be more places around australia that do them, also give expressions of interest as depending on how many people are ready for one i may go speak to precision and see what he can offer in the way of either ball bearing or journal bearing high flows, i know i read somewhere he does do them but they were slightly more expensive than slides however still cheaper than ball bearing maybe this could be another option.

However surely there must be more places around australia that do them

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/postC...;currentLetter=

Wasnt really hard.

Plenty of places if you checked :)

If you wanna organise a group buy, then post in the right section, with the right detail etc etc.

Forced Induction is not a EOI section.

thanks for all your input and i know about yellow pages but i am after other peoples experiences also not just names of places. Is there anyone else interested and as for posting in the wrong place can it be moved if it bothers anyone.

Im not 100 percent but i think u can still get the "slide" highflows built by the guy who designed them, pm if u want his contact details. as my slide highflow is in the workshop now gettin a rebuild kit thrown thru it..He also told me some information that quiet cleared a few things up from my pov.

I wouldnt even get my spark plugs changed at that workshop without Aaron overlooking.

I took my turbo back to them after Aaron stop being envolved and they put 2nd hand parts back in it after i only wanted to get it cleaned.

I would have yours looked at when you get it back as you will probably not be getting what you paid for without Aaron there.

They also wanted to charge me the price of a ball bearing highflow by the end of the shit fight.

Ended up Just getting a GT3040R from Aaron and sold the highflow.

:)

that is the point to find the tried and proven products and even see what other not tried and proven people have to offer maybe they are worth it and are a quality product. If i can find someone who is willing to do the high flow and maybe build up a good reputation on here with there high flows at a comparable price to the slide ones.

If you want a very cheap option you can do what I am doing one of these.. DIY 253rwkw

You retain your 2nd hand but, good nik ball bearing core and mod the compressor side along with the turbine housing. The machining and parts costs are low, the turbo makes oodles of power with little boost required 10 -14psi only. The ceramic turbine wheel isn't in danger thanks to extra clearence and low boost.

The power isn't shabby either.....for less than $400.

post-271-1185527787_thumb.jpg

Edited by rev210

GCg are a garrett distro, surely they have more turbo's that the "GCG hiflow".

Have you asked them for budget prices on generic t3 turbochargers?

I suspect they would stock plain bearing, journal bearing units as well as the higher spec ball bearing units.

i think they even do other brands and not just garrett. And there are other places too

Hey Pete

I am not to sure if you remember me but you sold me my Apexi power FC by Auburn.

There are a few places to get hi flowed.

First the tuner shops like UNIQUE AUTOSPORTS, CRD, HILLS MOTORSPORTS, and a few other shops.

Here in Sydney you will find GCG and there is a Place in Wetherill PK and will do it for you.

The one in Wetherill PK hi flows for a few shop out that way and I am unsure of there name but it begins with a P.

Good luck and thanks for that Power FC.

thanks for all your replys people, i will look into it on monday when everything is open and i will post up the results about what people have to say about the best options.

Peter

i think from memory i have seen vanilla gt28rs's from $1300 trade price

which is very resonable imho compared to hks spec gtrs's

not sure on exact differences, one would assume its not hks spec compressor/wheel options but the same all in all

Hey Pete

I am not to sure if you remember me but you sold me my Apexi power FC by Auburn.

There are a few places to get hi flowed.

First the tuner shops like UNIQUE AUTOSPORTS, CRD, HILLS MOTORSPORTS, and a few other shops.

Here in Sydney you will find GCG and there is a Place in Wetherill PK and will do it for you.

The one in Wetherill PK hi flows for a few shop out that way and I am unsure of there name but it begins with a P.

Good luck and thanks for that Power FC.

The name of the place on Newton rd in wetherill park is Precision Turbochargers, my car has one of their High Flows..They do alot of work with V&E Rigoli, they do a good job & also did a great job on my old tx3 laser t3/t4 turbo rebuild years ago..