SAU Community

Carsales Presents Sau Deca Day - Round 3

Scotsman

How many of you guys drive up there on your RE55s? How much wear?

Yeah most that run RE55 drive up on them... up to you if you can be arsed changing them really when you get there.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,

I won't be able to make it unfortunately due to awaiting on a set of injectors, so please take me off the list.

I am hoping to make it up there though to cheer on the lads!

Thanks Mark.

Bunnings is your friend. :)

The two bunnings stores I went to (Altona and Nepean Hwy) only had plastic bracketed ones. Autobarn do metal bracket ones for $35 and have redesigned the clip which is now made of a more durable metal than the soft crap that snapped on only its 3rd time of getting the extinguisher out. :)

kmart has an extinguisher (fireman brand) for $25, its in dandenong for sure and a few others i have checked. also Super cheap have them (apparently cams approved) they had a special a few months ago got it for $20 :-)

I went to super cheap the other day and it had them cheap but no metal brackets..

...instead they had "Rust proof plastic"

the kmart I went to had Chubb ones that also had plastic brackets

There will probably be no official convoys organised this time.

Lots of people are headed up at different times during the day, etc etc. I myself am heading up around 10-11am ish on Friday. Other will be at Winton for the day, then cruise across to Shepparton. Lots of others I know of are just going to head up alone as they finish work on Friday.

If you wish to organise a cruise up there, feel free to post a thread.

Lots of people are headed up at different times during the day, etc etc. I myself am heading up around 10-11am ish on Friday. Other will be at Winton for the day, then cruise across to Shepparton. Lots of others I know of are just going to head up alone as they finish work on Friday.

Steve-O, Sam916 and I will be in tomorrow night to join our Vic friends at Winton on Friday. Assume you guys will be staying in Shep Thursday night? I think we have a couple empty bunks in the cabin for Thursday night.

The Vic guys going to Winton on Friday will just drive up on Friday morning.

See you when you get back from the track on Friday though - we'll be waiting at the caravan park :P