SAU Community

Small Car Sunday '07

pkblade

The show'n'shine will be at the Morphettville race course (aka Alan Scott Park) again cos, it's cheaper & Immanuel college has some construction work going on but, I doubt the school will allow the s'n's to be held there again. This year they may bring back the interclub battles (eg. tug of war, wheel change etc).

For those who aren't familiar with SCS weekend it’s SA's largest annual show'n'shine, tis a fun laid back affair & all are welcomed to show off their pride & joy, whether it be your: daily driver, trailer queen or track oriented Skyline. Also, the standard/ lightly modified rides are even catered for with their own judged category. Last year we had a relatively varied & large SAU display (~15 cars) with one of our own (Leeman) receiving a couple awards including 'Top 10 in Show' & hoping this year it will be just as big & successful. :)

A group meeting will be organised for mid-late Oct after the lanuch to collect forms & payment.

* *Updates * *

3/10/07

- Entry forms will be available on Wed 10th Oct.

- Group meeting details: Sunday 21st Oct 3pm'ish, near the CBD

To collect entry forms+payment & discuss display layout stuff

10/10/07

- Further information can be found on the entry form (as per attached pdf. file). For those who entered last year should be receiving a copy in the mail today or tomorrow.

Small.pdf

22/10/07

- Please PM *flick* or myself to organise a time for us to collect your entry forms prior to Wed 31st Oct.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Details as from Sporting Car Club of SA:

scs07ir7.jpg

Proudly presented by the Trading Post

Cruise + Show'n'Shine

VMAX MOTORSPORT, a Section of the Sporting Car Club of South Australia, together with the Trading Post, is proud to launch the 13th Annual Small Car Sunday Event.

FRIDAY, 9TH NOVEMBER

The Friday night cruise will use the existing format, with the starting point for 2007 from the city & culminate at a venue in the inner western suburbs - last year 350+ vehicles took part in an awesome parade.

SATURDAY, 10TH NOVEMBER

Saturday, the motorsport component of the weekend has been changed & will be held at Adelaide Performance Engineers for a Dyno Challenge. Will be limited to 35 cars, so first in first served.

SUNDAY, 11 NOVEMBER

Sunday's Show n Shine - a feast of fumes, paint, chrome, and girls for the motoring eye! – last year there were 500+ entrants.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear fellas.

MissR34 - last year was approx $20 for club entries + extra if you want your car to be judged ($10) & additional if you did a motorsport event or in this case dyno runs

Depending if my motor is built i might be keen to put my old girl in it. I managed to get the car running and half tuned just in time for the cruise last year. Even stole my mates sticker to get it on the oval cos the drivers side window didnt work (old piece of crap).

the berri show and shine is on the 24th and 25 th novemeber (2 weeks after scs)...........im going to berri.............ne one else want to join?

maybe do a sau display for that show too?

my mate enters the murray bridge autofest his is a white 12sec VH commo with NOS won the burnout comp last year hes gonna go again this year hes trying to entice me to come but i dunno heres the link i put on youtube not a bad car camera phone is sh*%y but enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMy_rEvX1iQ