SAU Community

Tasmanian Trip Feb 2008

Roy

Have your say  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh more road trip - im IN!

I know my vote probly doesnt count, but I voted for Feb, only coz March/April is starting to get too close to Dutton.

This will be ace - I havent been to Tassie since Grade 6 camp.

an idea of the some good roads/drives...but any local input woudl be greatly appreciated. :nyaanyaa:
I've done 2 of the 3 run by NDSOC, and I'm working on one for Oct/08.

If you want a couple of ideas, you MUST do Longford across to Bothwell via Poatina. The highway up to Swansea, IIRC. And Elephants Pass up to St Marys, and down the other side.

I have been down to Tassie 3 times with the WRX club on the bi-annual "Targa Rex". We did all the targa tasmania stages as well as spending a day at baskerville. The blind left hander at the top of the circuit is a butt puckering moment if you come up to it too quickly.

Quite simply, the best 8 days I have ever spent in a car.

Highly recommended.

Regards

Andrew

I've done 2 of the 3 run by NDSOC, and I'm working on one for Oct/08.

If you want a couple of ideas, you MUST do Longford across to Bothwell via Poatina. The highway up to Swansea, IIRC. And Elephants Pass up to St Marys, and down the other side.

Excellent. We shall chat Greg :D

Like Greg, I've also done two of the NDSOC events over there, great fun and both tracks are great to drive on. One of the guys is organising a trip over there in February as well at the moment (the trip is not affiliated with the club), the two groups might pass each other haha.

OOOHHHH MMMYYYYYY GGGOOOOOOOOOD

Guys I arranged this trip to Tassie at the start of the year with the EVO boys some of you will know Scott = OZTME he will be able to reiterate to you how much fun this was and how good that track was also, Anyone even considering this event should not miss it.

Cheers

Ok, so over the next 3 weeks i will confirm the dates availabel to us in Feb. Please do not post up if you are not both genuinely interested and likely to attend.

A bit more preliminary info so that you can realistically assess your involvement...

Track entry, accom, Spirit of Tassie alone will be costing you $900. On top of this you have fuel and meals. From this we will be getting a small subsidy that will make aspects of the trip a little cheaper. But generally it will be a $1000 trip away. The social nights out and activities during the day are sure to be worth taking leave/holidays for. I post this because an approximate idea of numbers will help with discussion with venue managers and the Tassie Govt.