SAU Community

Newbies

well the V35 is a massive step up from all those cars in terms of comfor and refinement

its not as back-breaking as a TT supra or GTR in terms of outright performance, but its a complete package in temrs of handling/looks/comfort with decent enough acceleration to match to make it worthwile in my opinion

Nothing a few $$ thrown at a tt or s/c kit can't fix... There's a lot to be said for a good chassis that's not overpowered: That's why I bought mine: the Stagea is fun (more so when my rb28 is finished!), but it's still a front-heavy beast, no matter how good the suspension (thanks SK!), and brake setup (thanks Porsche!) are. There's just something about a neutral chassis that negates the need for massive power: I am so looking forward to my car arriving: it hurts!

that's one of hte best things about the car that sold me.. 52:48 weight distribution, aluminium suspension, and a chassis that can easily take more power

to be honest, a TT V35 would have been an absolute BEAST of a car from the factory and would be one of the best selling cars.

that's one of hte best things about the car that sold me.. 52:48 weight distribution, aluminium suspension, and a chassis that can easily take more power

to be honest, a TT V35 would have been an absolute BEAST of a car from the factory and would be one of the best selling cars.

agreed; raw power is becoming over rated these days..

that and horrendously expensive :)

Hey Guys,

I'm real interested in the new skylines, especially with that luxury feel to it. At the moment, I'm doing all the research I can find on the coupe 350GT. Thanks Warren for your info on the models and options.

Is there anything else included in the Premium package? What are auto headlights?

Looking forward to the discussions on this forum.

Peter

Hey Guys,

I'm real interested in the new skylines, especially with that luxury feel to it. At the moment, I'm doing all the research I can find on the coupe 350GT. Thanks Warren for your info on the models and options.

Is there anything else included in the Premium package? What are auto headlights?

Looking forward to the discussions on this forum.

Peter

Hey Peter,

Welcome mate.

The headlights have an auto setting so when you go through a tunnel or it gets dark they switch on by themselves. They also turn off when you switch the car off, if on the auto setting.

Hi All,

Another one here looking to pick up a V35 Coupe (hopefully a manual Premium), and from the info on this site and G35driver I'm starting to put the V35 puzzle together but I had a few questions I hope I can get answers to.

The Brembo package was only available on 03 & 04 models, is this correct? Did the Brembo package include an increase in size of rotors? Did the later models adopt a larger brake package as original equipment?

I'm starting to see cars being advertised with a 221kW engine, did the V35 get the engine upgrade at the same time as the 350Z?

Finally, was the V35 (2003 on) originally specced with Xenon HIDs and local compliance laws require conversion back to Halogen or are they just simply Halogen projector headlamps. Are the later models (06 on) able to keep their xenons for compliance?

Sorry for all Qs, looking forward to getting a car.

cheers

Chris

Finally, was the V35 (2003 on) originally specced with Xenon HIDs and local compliance laws require conversion back to Halogen or are they just simply Halogen projector headlamps. Are the later models (06 on) able to keep their xenons for compliance?

Hey I can't answer the other questions, but the answer to this one is yes and no..

The lights are changed to halogen bulbs here for compliance reasons, the headlamp assembly otherwise remains as stock.

And I'm fairly sure even the 06+ models can't retain the Xenon's,

I remember reading that it was due to there being no washer for the lenses, but don't quote me on that one..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, actually been a member for a while but just decided to introduce myself. Name's Hoan, from adel. Just the usual 2004 (pre-facelift) 350GT-8 in sparkling silver w/ nismo aero kit and optional nissan variable exhaust.

Been lurking around the forums for a while now and the info posted on this forum has been very informative! Looking forward to more discussions on this forum.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone. New on this board but hoping to pick up a 350GT coupe in the near future. It looks like an awesome car.

Me too, perhaps, kinda want a R34 GTR, but price and age seems a bit silly.

Just a query WazR32GTSt, how did you know that 350GT-ATE had a sedan from his post?

Learning heaps and I have only been on for a while recently...

Need to learn abit about the broker process too.

So if anyone would like to point me in a direction to how it all works, please feel free!

for brokering talk to iron chef imports. the general idea is - you ask for a car. they present you with a few and you pick. from there pay the bills as they come and at the end you have a car.

there is a LOT more to it than that (I'm doing this myself now.) but that is the general gist of it.

I think Waz has FAST somewhere. (I do as well but use it for a different purpose.) that is the parts book that nissan use. pop a chassis ID in and you get the car's details.

for brokering talk to iron chef imports. the general idea is - you ask for a car. they present you with a few and you pick. from there pay the bills as they come and at the end you have a car.

there is a LOT more to it than that (I'm doing this myself now.) but that is the general gist of it.

I think Waz has FAST somewhere. (I do as well but use it for a different purpose.) that is the parts book that nissan use. pop a chassis ID in and you get the car's details.

Thanks Chris, I will look up Iron Chef Imports, I hope he doesn't have an SBS show... I understand the broker thing, just need to see the legalities of being supplied a bucket that someone has missed decent damage on it. Such as jumping a kerb or a bent chassis rail or something. A cut and shut is also quite hard to find in my opinion... I have seen one and bloody hell it was good job (on a R33). The owner didn't even now, but both me and my Mechanic picked it up.

I tried to get FAST a while back but my Parts guy, couldn't quite bring himself to help and I think he may have struggled to work out how anyway. Yes, it is a great thing, but I thought that it was only for R32, 33 and 34's. Is it also for V35's?