SAU Community

Which Car To Get? Hard To Decide

Which car to get?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi guys,

As a reward for graduating as a dentist in 2007, my father has offered to buy me a new car under 70K.

The catch is that it has to be a brand new car from the showroom.

My dad is sick of seeing me mess around with second hand imports, including my current r34 Gtt.

I really like the new evo X, but i think its abit out of my budget and I don't want to wait too long to get my new car. The BMW 323i coupe is nice as well, but its a bit out of my budget too. I don't mind a newer model wrx sti (2008 model) but I think its ugly. An r34 gtr would be sweet, but then, it has to be new.

Alternatively, if you can suggest any other cars I have not thought of, please feel free to list them.

Please place your vote in the poll above.

Thanks heaps fella

Dr Dan

Edited by danieltangtc

dont buy a bmw unless its an m3. you wont look back.

my cousin was dreaming about a bmw for 4yrs straight. he used to bug me about dreams of driving a 325 convertible and pulling the chicks etc etc. he sold it after 2 months of buying it and bought a rex. they are true blue pieces of shit.

evo 9 is the pick of the lot.

or sell your car and make the budget 90k and get the new gtr when it lands :(

I think the EVO is the best trade off..

I has the benefits of the AWD and tubro (with better performance than the A4)..

More attractive than the STi

Better performance and appeal than the BM

Tunning potentials are far better than the BM and rx8

Other options include:

Type R

Liberty 3L NA or Turbo (NA is by far a better option, more power and responce than the GT)

Forester GT

350Z

S2000

Alfa Brera - SEX!

..just thought Id complicate things a little bit more.. :D

Sorry had to post this, I can see your problem and would recommend the 350z and pay any difference you can’t negotiate.

However from my GF "you poor little rich kid, cry me a river and tell someone that cares" "Let me guess daddy paid your hex bills too?"

I don't think she saw your problem.

The alfa brera looks hot! Never knew about it till today...

Just curious, I was looking at some pictures. The evo 7, 8 and 9 look almost exactly the same, body wise!

Cant tell you the price off the top of my head.. but you will want the V6..

And deff in AWD..

Sorry had to post this, I can see your problem and would recommend the 350z and pay any difference you can’t negotiate.

However from my GF "you poor little rich kid, cry me a river and tell someone that cares" "Let me guess daddy paid your hex bills too?"

I don't think she saw your problem.

LOL...YES...daddy paid my uni bills too LOL...jk

Yeah...350z will be my no.1 choice handsdown if it wasn't a 2 seater.

Was just on the mazda website and the rx8 seems to have quite a lot more features than evo 9...eg. leather seats, 9 speaker Bose sound system, Xenon headlights. But evo definitely more torque and power.

there's a topgear episode where they have a mercialago I think being driven by a racing driver and clarkson is running after him in an evo and the lambo can't get away from it...good little cars. But then again, keep the 34, mod the shit out of it and get something nice a luxury to drive round as a daily :D

don't think he'll have a problem with that Kris, considering he's becoming a Dentist ;)

maybe he can donate it to the Human Fund....

thats "The Human Fund, Fund for people"

if you need to know where to deposit the 70g - send me a cheq....errr....a pm >_<

i say either a rex or an evo man...they are "family" cars....so your wife/gf wont complain :D