SAU Community

Software :)

awesome. Pics??

Give us some love and post some pics of your testing to show us it really works :P

Also I'll run the A.C.T. branch of converters Xanavi.....oh hang on, it's basically only me, dammit!

Yep cant wait

awesome. Pics??

Give us some love and post some pics of your testing to show us it really works :dry:

Also I'll run the A.C.T. branch of converters Xanavi.....oh hang on, it's basically only me, dammit!

it works. as for you being the only person in th ACT- nup there's a BUNCH of cars down that way.

So, the cat is out of the bag thanks to the email from Prestige .... $199 sounds inbloodysane ....unless I am missing something here .... aren't the only screens that will be useful the fuel economy (which Andy seems to have buggered up with egging on from others re: changing from the current useful measure of km/l to the completely useless l/100km - I want to know if I put in 30L how far I will get - not have to work out converting from l/100km and back again) and the servicing distance screens? This doesn't seem like anything close to $199 of value to be able to read in English when the numbers are all we are really keen on anyhow ....

So, are there other screens that we currently cannot read that actually would be useful in English?

Why you haven't posted detailed screenshots of all of these screens yet is beyond me .... we have only been waiting around 6,000 years ....

Sorry to sound so negative, but it all seems a bit silly to me - timeframe, cost and usability.

+1 I was waiting for someone to say something about not having pictures posted up instead of a dancing banana. No offence but it was the least you could do Andy to post up some pics of your success.

Not sure how much interest Prestige will get with $199 asking price though. I'd pay an extra $200 and have more fun with the Sprint Booster! :P:D:):banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

must say I agree, $199 seems bit steep for something that most of us have gotten used to not even bothering to use in the first place.

Having said that, pics would help promote the product and whether its going to be of any use at all.

Changing the measurement for the Fuel, still not quite sure why the masses went that direction..

Think I'd rather put the cash into something to make the headunit work perhaps, by which I mean the radio or install another headunit..

its what like $600 just for the parts to put another headunit in if you wish to keep use of the steering wheel controls?

mate gave me one of those FM transmitters for my ipod to solve the prob = no go, i didnt realise you cant set them to *any* frequency

so theyre useless in our cars as well ...

still, back on topic, pics or ban :P

My guess is that part of the $199 is going towards a persons effort involved in installing the software. e.g., they are not just going to send you a dvd. this is purely a guess and would make sense as its the only way to stop piracy.

I would wait for more details on the solution before dissing the price.

yeah yeah yeah......blah blah. I have had all this and more over the last 2 years of getting this finalised. Be patient.

Pictures are coming. I have a full time business to run plus a family so they will be up soon. Probably tonight.

The change of L/100km has no effect on working out how far to go on your tank. That is a separate read out below the L/100km. (maybe this is not clear as it is in Japanese)

I understand that Prestige have sent out an email say it can be done. All installs will be done by the state based appointed installer. These installs can not commence till around the 10th December. I will post the contact details for each installer over the next 2 days.

I am working on a group buy for the SAU members but I will give you some more details in the next few days.

I certailnly understand the comments that you don't need the english translation now as you are used to it, that is your call and I have no problem what you decide to do.

Cheers

Andy

Farkin' hell guys.

Any reason why you choose to whine, bitch and moan so much?

Don't like the economy change? Don't get the translation.

Go and blow your $200 on something that does nothing like a pop charger....

EDIT: forgot to mention, I can totally see how frustrated you have been with all this waiting "Nightcrawler"... what with all those months of V35 ownership.

Edited by iamhe77

God work Andy and when I get a V35... this is the one of the first things to be changed!

Rather hoping that there might be a solution for a V36 by then though... :P

As for negativity being experienced from some, remember you can never please everyone all of the time.

If you think it is expensive or doesn't do what you want, don't buy it...

If there is something else you can put $200 towards, do that instead.

yeah yeah yeah......blah blah. I have had all this and more over the last 2 years of getting this finalised. Be patient.

Pictures are coming. I have a full time business to run plus a family so they will be up soon. Probably tonight.

The change of L/100km has no effect on working out how far to go on your tank. That is a separate read out below the L/100km. (maybe this is not clear as it is in Japanese)

I understand that Prestige have sent out an email say it can be done. All installs will be done by the state based appointed installer. These installs can not commence till around the 10th December. I will post the contact details for each installer over the next 2 days.

I am working on a group buy for the SAU members but I will give you some more details in the next few days.

I certailnly understand the comments that you don't need the english translation now as you are used to it, that is your call and I have no problem what you decide to do.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy

Iam def still keen for the software please send me an msg when you have worked out the details

Hi Andy, you didn't really answer my question - are there any further useful screens that I do not know about - I hope there are, as that would be cool.

I applaud your efforts to get this off the ground so far.

God work Andy and when I get a V35... this is the one of the first things to be changed!

Rather hoping that there might be a solution for a V36 by then though... :P

As for negativity being experienced from some, remember you can never please everyone all of the time.

If you think it is expensive or doesn't do what you want, don't buy it...

If there is something else you can put $200 towards, do that instead.

Stephen there is light at the end of the tunnel. The developer has told me that now he has finished this project the 2004 models are now in his sights. He is hopeful that the development time is wayyyyyyy shorter than this first version.

AND hurry up and get your self a V35/6......... LOL

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, you didn't really answer my question - are there any further useful screens that I do not know about - I hope there are, as that would be cool.

I applaud your efforts to get this off the ground so far.

This is a hard question to answer as I don't know what you have worked out. But I can say that there are no new screens that now function because they are in English. They all still work in the same way as they did before but it is much easier to get the most from them as you don't have to remember every line of each menu.

The FM, VICS, Navigation & ETC still do nothing in Australia as we do not have compatible systems in Australia.

I am about to post some pics and explanation.

Cheers

Andy