SAU Community

Manifolds Do They Don't They

ive got a 6boost on rb20 with td06, took 6 months but i finally got, have yet to have the car tuned but as im waiting on my welder to get back form holidays. it looks to be of very high quality so i beleive it was worth the cost

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firstly, let me apologise to any of my customers that have waited excessively long periods for a manifold, in most cases it was a case of 1 person trying to do a 2 or 3 man job, and after 2-3 years straight, keeping people informed took a backseat to just getting to work everyday. Suffice to say, keep your eyes out in 08 as we have 2 new staff, 2 new welders, a lathe, inhouse sandblasting cabinet and linisher, and prodution times by feb will be under 10 days with a 3 day express order option. Again, I don't wish to make excuses, just to say that I am sorry and aware of the poor lead times, and have done something about it :O

As to gains over the cheap style manifolds, any of the merge collector manifolds on the market(of which there are 2 and soon to be 3 on the australian market) will make good gains in performance and spool over a non merge manifold. Look around at some of the power firgures people are making, or the rpm at which they are making full boost in comparison to cheap manifolds and you'll get a good indication of how much difference they make. While I don't have scanner to upload any of the back to back dyno graphs I've done, I have done testing on 11 cars to date, every single one picked up at least 150rpm of spool, and any that haven't picked up spool we have designed to make more power, which have picked up 50-60rwhp.

Don't take my word for it, here is an unbiased post on another forum from a customer: http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27825

Similar results can be expected from most well made brands of merge collector manifold, its all in the collector;)

Regards..............................6BOOST

i would personally go for either one kyle's or leigh's manifolds.. much MUCH better than these stainless steel 200 dollar crap (Even though i baught one)... if i had the money i would have baught one of the 6boost or ETM manifolds, straight fit no mucking around.. i hadto get mine modified, cut and shut and another external wastegate outlet done so it wont overboost..

Firstly, let me apologise to any of my customers that have waited excessively long periods for a manifold, in most cases it was a case of 1 person trying to do a 2 or 3 man job, and after 2-3 years straight, keeping people informed took a backseat to just getting to work everyday. Suffice to say, keep your eyes out in 08 as we have 2 new staff, 2 new welders, a lathe, inhouse sandblasting cabinet and linisher, and prodution times by feb will be under 10 days with a 3 day express order option. Again, I don't wish to make excuses, just to say that I am sorry and aware of the poor lead times, and have done something about it :O

As to gains over the cheap style manifolds, any of the merge collector manifolds on the market(of which there are 2 and soon to be 3 on the australian market) will make good gains in performance and spool over a non merge manifold. Look around at some of the power firgures people are making, or the rpm at which they are making full boost in comparison to cheap manifolds and you'll get a good indication of how much difference they make. While I don't have scanner to upload any of the back to back dyno graphs I've done, I have done testing on 11 cars to date, every single one picked up at least 150rpm of spool, and any that haven't picked up spool we have designed to make more power, which have picked up 50-60rwhp.

Don't take my word for it, here is an unbiased post on another forum from a customer: http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27825

Similar results can be expected from most well made brands of merge collector manifold, its all in the collector;)

take some photos with a digital camera and post the dyno reports i would love to see them as results mean everything to potential customers,and thanks for joining in.also if you could a picture of your manifold for a rb25det low mount

Edited by WARLORD

just curious,

if it such a bad design, the merging ones (that dont go 6-1 like 6boost style) why are the cast HKS / APEXi manifold the merge style?

also why do the japanese company's such as DMAX / HPI (their cheaper option) offer the cheaper style manifold at still a pretty high price... (500+) compared to the ebay ones?

i know proof is in the numbers, and it has been proven... just curious

cheers

-Matt

everyone needs a sales gimmic or drawcard or else it is just another manifold... BUT seriously the 6boost manifolds are good only negative is they are way too heavy. best local gear for miles and have nevr had an issue with any ive fitted for customers...

but in this case is irrelevant because they dont do a factory placement manifold for rb20 or rb25....well they didnt last time i checked. All the pics WARLORD listed are for RB20/25 factory position

just curious,

if it such a bad design, the merging ones (that dont go 6-1 like 6boost style) why are the cast HKS / APEXi manifold the merge style?

also why do the japanese company's such as DMAX / HPI (their cheaper option) offer the cheaper style manifold at still a pretty high price... (500+) compared to the ebay ones?

i know proof is in the numbers, and it has been proven... just curious

cheers

-Matt

good question. anyone got a good answer

good question. anyone got a good answer

design in itself is a compromise and all designs have their compromises and bad points, there is so many ways to achieve the same result at the end of the day look at your application and your budget and work from there.

The only wrong choice is cheap and never pick the shiniest :O if you think for one second the grade of steel (not what they say they use but what is actually used) coming from these cheap suppliers is the same as the top end guys? your dreaming, it took 4 or so samples for us to get the right steel whist putting together a range way back in the day.

design in itself is a comprimise and all designs have thier comprimises and bad points, there is so many ways to achieve the same result at the end of the day look at your application and your budget and work from there.

budget is not the problem result is .i wont to see result for my money if i spend $100-$500 i expect a ok result if i spend $500-1200 i expect a better one again.

i look at thing in my own weird way $$=hp the more $$$ spent the more hp you should get (you would hope) as i say bang for bucks.

budget is not the problem result is .i wont to see result for my money if i spend $100-$500 i expect a ok result if i spend $500-1200 i expect a better one again.

i look at thing in my own weird way $$=hp the more $$$ spent the more hp you should get (you would hope) as i say bang for bucks.

i can tell you what result your gonna get for 100-500 :P you also consider the $$ per HR... a $100 is gonna last maybe a few months a $500 one a year or two and a decent 6boost or top level jap one will last nearly indefinately... i have NEVER had to replace a cracked or damaged brand (in house manufactured not out sourced) name steel manifold for anyone other than a few that recived impact damage during accidents. I have had some steel manifolds on cars for over 10 years.

i can tell you what result your gonna get for 100-500 :P you also consider the $$ per HR... a $100 is gonna last maybe a few months a $500 one a year or two and a decent 6boost or top level jap one will last nearly indefinately... i have NEVER had to replace a cracked or damaged brand (in house manufactured not out sourced) name steel manifold for anyone other than a few that recived impact damage during accidents. I have had some steel manifolds on cars for over 10 years.

if you could give me five manifold that work what would they be .(proven)

(and that thing you said about me dreaming not very nice)

Edited by WARLORD

everyone needs a sales gimmic or drawcard or else it is just another manifold... BUT seriously the 6boost manifolds are good only negative is they are way too heavy. best local gear for miles and have nevr had an issue with any ive fitted for customers...

but in this case is irrelevant because they dont do a factory placement manifold for rb20 or rb25....well they didnt last time i checked. All the pics WARLORD listed are for RB20/25 factory position

correct

GCG Highmounts??? Anyone rate them? Bought this off another forum member.EDIT: Used on the dyno for a couple of hours.Then was removed from the car.

post-32255-1199443222.jpg

post-32255-1199443231.jpg

what was the reason for selling it,did he tell you why it was on the dyno for a couple of hours ,sounds strange.dose he know something we don't (sorry)

Edited by WARLORD

My concern with any aftermarket manifold is cracking. My current steam pipe manifold is cracked, and has cracked many times before which has been repaired. It has a support brace and still seems to crack. I'm contemplating going back to the cast original with an adaptor plate to prevent further issues of removing the manifold for repair work again.

Granted that the manifold is pushing 8years, but what is the likelihood of something along the lines of a 6Boost manifold doing the same? It is for an uncommon engine so off the shelf items are not really an option.

Firstly, let me apologise to any of my customers that have waited excessively long periods for a manifold, in most cases it was a case of 1 person trying to do a 2 or 3 man job, and after 2-3 years straight, keeping people informed took a backseat to just getting to work everyday. Suffice to say, keep your eyes out in 08 as we have 2 new staff, 2 new welders, a lathe, inhouse sandblasting cabinet and linisher, and prodution times by feb will be under 10 days with a 3 day express order option. Again, I don't wish to make excuses, just to say that I am sorry and aware of the poor lead times, and have done something about it :(

Hey Kyle

Any chance of you ever making a stock mount replacement mani for rb20/25det's in the near future?

what was the reason for selling it,did he tell you why it was on the dyno for a couple of hours ,sounds strange.dose he know something we don't (sorry)

It was part of a full turbo kit,(which i bought) he decided to go bigger for racing applications.

Dont know much about 6boost probaly because I live in CAlgary, AB Canada but in NA we have full-race.com and there shit is unreal they have robotic tig welder and other stuff but this is their manifold they make it for the RB25 and 26 application.

Quoted form their website

The Full-Race Response Manifold designed for instant spool, optimized low end and midrange power delivery. Applying Twin-Scroll Divided-Pulse technology with long, robotically welded thick-wall runners, this manifold will offer increased turbine efficiency, allowing the turbo to spool up very early. Runner geometry is adjusted accordingly for the known tendency of RB engines to run slightly lean in cyl #6. It can fit any size T4 frame turbo from GT35R, GT4088R, GT42R and GT45R.

Key design features:

Constructed from thick wall stainless steel.

TIG welded for ultimate strength and reliability.

True merge collector creates a turbulent free area for the exhaust gasses to enter the turbine housing in even pulses at high velocities.

Flanged for (2) Tial 44mm wastegates only.

All mating surfaces machined flat for a leak free seal.

Application Notes

A/C compatible ONLY with the R33 and R34 A/C compressor and lines. Will not work with the R32 A/C system.

Also available for RB25det

post-46153-1199518871_thumb.jpg

Edited by strong