SAU Community

Car Door Locked When I Shut The Door

GTaaargh

Tonight I got out of my car to post a letter. The street was quiet, so I left the motor running. As I got out of the car something beeped a couple of times. I assumed it was the car reminding me I had the door open, the engine running and the lights on. Then when I got back to the car, the doors were locked. The remote and key were inside, the radio was working, the headlights were on etc, and I was locked outside. I rang my wife and she brought the spare remote. It didn't unlock the door. She went home again and brought back the spare key. I was able to get back in. All up, it was idling by the side of the road for nearly an hour.

I have a 3 point Flashpoint alarm.

Does anyone have any idea why the door locked, and why the spare remote wouldn't unlock the door?

Tonight I got out of my car to post a letter. The street was quiet, so I left the motor running. As I got out of the car something beeped a couple of times. I assumed it was the car reminding me I had the door open, the engine running and the lights on. Then when I got back to the car, the doors were locked. The remote and key were inside, the radio was working, the headlights were on etc, and I was locked outside. I rang my wife and she brought the spare remote. It didn't unlock the door. She went home again and brought back the spare key. I was able to get back in. All up, it was idling by the side of the road for nearly an hour.

I have a 3 point Flashpoint alarm.

Does anyone have any idea why the door locked, and why the spare remote wouldn't unlock the door?

lol that's ridiculous

feel sorry for u

some alarms have auto arming which is the stupidest thing i ever heard

and others have anti hijack.

no idea maybe read through the manual?

I've tried to replicate it, but can't.

It's not an anti-hijack option, and the door does not lock when I turn off the ignition - even if I wait for a couple of minutes. It does arm the alarm though.

The beeps I heard were the normal warning you get when you leave the headlights on and turn the ignition off - but I had the ignition on. The car was still running, and the turbo timer wasn't enabled.

The company that installed it, and the company who supplied it both had no idea why it would have happened.

I guess I'll just have to put it down to bad luck, or strong magnetic fields, or aliens or something. Damn aliens.

this is a bit off topic ... but

I heard that if u do happen to lock ur keys in ur car... u can unlock the doors using the spares and not even having to return home...

apparently if u call home and you put ur mobile phone near your car and have the person at home press the remote on your spare key the signal will transfer thru the phone and unlock you car!

I havent tried this so dont quote me on it. Seems a bit farfetched... i guess the best way to find out is to try it!

nup! the bandwidth of the audio portion of the transmission is 300-3khz now most of the remotes I know have a 433mhz carrier with data bursts on that. not likely. only remote way it could even possibly work is off of teh harmonics the phone generates on transmission..

hehe, its an option in the alarm, have a look through the manual and you should find it

my steelmate alarm used to engage the central when the brakes were pressed 15 secs after the car was on and would unlock when the ign was turned off, would beep n flash n shit when the door was open

this is why i sold that alarm! lol!

• 4 months later...

this happened to me a couple months back. was at my bfs mothers house, decided that i didnt need to take my handbag etc inside, left it in the car.

had to get RAC to come out and open my car. $180 and an hour and a half later. got inside my car, to find my spare key in my bag!

the RAC guy who came out, told us of another r33 he went out to. girl was on the phone, had her head out theher window, window went up and locked her head in placed. wouldnt go up, or down!. lucky she was on the phone, got them to call RAC for her.

sure glad that wasnt me!! :blush:

its just a safety precurcion incase some1 opens ya door and hijacks your car lol like that ever happens

this almost happend to me! so it does actually happen lol. my passenger door auto locks when you go over about 30 kmh but not the drivers :P

This happened to someone i know...he tried to use his spare remote but still wouldnt work. Out of frustration, he held down the disarm button of the spare telling the car to un-f*ckin-lock and waving it about and stuff. Eventually, after around 15 seconds of holding the button down, it disarmed itself. It must have initiated some kind of system over ride, kind of like a fail safe mechanism i guess? So he was lucky! Total fluke!

apparently if u call home and you put ur mobile phone near your car and have the person at home press the remote on your spare key the signal will transfer thru the phone and unlock you car!

hahahahahahahahahaha

The door lock, is right beside the thing to open the door, I put money on you bumping it!

The other remote wouldn't have worked because the engine was running.

My car won't listen to the remotes after the motor is started either.

the RAC guy who came out, told us of another r33 he went out to. girl was on the phone, had her head out theher window, window went up and locked her head in placed. wouldnt go up, or down!. lucky she was on the phone, got them to call RAC for her.

This happened to my mate when i had the old VL, except he wasn't on the phone and he was drunk as. Was messing around putting his hand then his head in, got his head stuck and then couldn't reach the controls to put it down as the window controls were in the center console bit and was just out of reach. Was sitting there laughing my head off at him...... i eventually let him out haha :laughing-smiley-014:

hahahaha brendan your a lost case...... how can that possibly happen?????? a speaker doesnt transmit the same waves as a remote lol

oh well i had a good laugh anyway

my car locks itself when i turn the ignition on.. i once had the car running listening to music at a servo standing otuside the car.. a mate brought out a camera so i thought sick ill put the tinted windows up (which were down) i reach in the driver door and press auto up and as its about half way up i realise the car is still running, doors are locked, and ive just shut the windows..

lucky my mate was there to drive me home and get my spare key while the servo attendant watched my car.