SAU Community

Gtr R32 Weight

tacker

All my looms weighed 23kgs including a few relays, factory fuse boxes, junctions etc etc.

Ive taken basicly all of that out and put in a very basic engine loom (haltech) and a few lengths of 7 core trailer cable weighing 5Kgs maximum. I also put the entire thing in factory looking condute from super cheap just for apperance sake.

Yeah no problem at all duncan. Pm me what your planning and when you want to do it.

Ok fellas, you've removed so much sh*t from your 32 GTRs that i think you're approaching the practical limits.

Modding every single car component in some way really leaves little left to do, apart from perhaps a carbon monocoque.

I bet you'd be using 'lightweight motor oil' if you could!

Edited by R338OY

any chance i could get a dvd copy too! i would fix you up for it! :)

consider it done at nil cost.

Im getting Stace to do the covers for the DVD's too, so they will be nice and proffesional.

may look at bootleging them on here and making a small donation to SAU with a percentage of the proceeds.

chris

evo looks fantastic with the wide body kit too!!

i see Squeeky been sending some quiet pic's here and there by the sound of it LOL. I think it will be on HI octane web site soon. We had some issues with the gearbox on the weekend so it didnt show its true form, look out when it does.

My entire wiring harness weighs 15.5kg

Clarification 1, that incudes relays, fuse boxes, all the brackets, clips, nuts, washers and bolts that hold them in.

Clarification 2, the 19 kgs is a net reduction, we took out around 25 kgs and added about 6 kgs

Improved Production regs don't allow the "easy" weight reductions (eg; CF bonnet, boot, doors etc). So we have to use what ever freedoms are allowed to their max, for example clutches are "free" hence the use of a 7" quad plate carbon clutch with alloy flywheel and dissengagement hydraulics costing around $10K.

Cheers

Gary

Whats the fuel tank worth?

and an average weight of a 50L cell for the boot?

i'm getting bored at home and the cars telling me it wants to go on a diet. tho i'm probably going to remove alot more.

a 5kg titanium exhaust will be on its way.

removing all the 4ws pumps and lines unless, there is something the lines are good for.

might get a wholesaw onto the bar reos

i still have A/c too. but thinking of keeping it for them hot track days where i'll be the coolest guy out :(

Edited by Angus Smart

removing the fuel tank only to fit a 50L fuel cell seems a bit out there. unless you are planning some enduros? 30 or 40l maybe, but if it's a street car just leave the fuel tank where it is. if it's a track only car then fit a 20 or 30L. no point doing half measure. then all you get is not much weight saved on track, and much more inconvenience on street.

haha

i've seen someone use a chisel before and didnt like that. took him a long time and lots of swearing.'

as for heatgun, that would make for much stickyness. tho might be used in combo with ice too..

ice. sounds nice and hard should work ok i think..