SAU Community

Rb26 Powered Stagea (rs260's Or Modded 2.5's)

Lil_Bobby_260

For the stagea you use the one designed for R32/R33 GTRs. For Series two maybe the one for R34's but i dont believe so. Ive just read through a 70 page writeup from Paulr33 about it and learnt a lot. About 900 should get me one so its not as much as i had though. Still need to run a seperate boost controller with it tho.

Im thinking 12PSI day to day, or even just 10, but would like to be able to spin them up to 16psi if im out cruising on a cool night or something. What do they run stock?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie, they are good due to their plug-and-playness, and the fact everyone knows how to use them... Access Autoworks down the road from me sells them, they are the aus-distributor and a sponser on here.

If you cant find one, PM me asking about an autronic, you will be suprised at the pricing

I thought rs260s had n1 turbos anyway?

Its a nice thought - and would be a lovely surprise. Can anyone confirm this either way? i dont think Autech would have worried about building the 260RS with an N1 engine...?

What is the Autronic you mentioned, Ryan? A different computer again?

THe plug and play of the Power FC seems good - self learning etc, plus the amount of tuning you can do yourself with the controller seems good. And yes, the fact that it is common is definitely a plus. Ive sent PM's to a couple of guys selling them so we'll see what happens.

Who is running one in their Stagea?

just getting back on dumps/exhaust etc i see by your sig your in se qld you should do youself a favour and go and talk to trevor at CES at meadowbank there stuff is goood.

Do you have any further details? Are they a workshop or retailer?

I'm still looking for a workshop to carry out a service when it gets here. A friend owns an exhaust shop, so that side of things is covered.

Mantra is Panel filter, Front pipe, high flow cat, high flow muffler and rear pipe, Larger FMIC, Boost controller, Apexi PFC.

Figured they would be. They will probably end up with a highflow in a year or two. At such stage - bigger injectors, pump and reg? Dump pipes.

Whats the story with running a 2nd hand PFC?

Being that its been disconnected from the other car - will it be reset? When its hooked up and run on my car, will it re-learn? ie do the 30min at idle etc turning on the aircon then the demister at 10minutes etc? Or will it carry the original cars settings....?

Say a mate could fit my dumps for a couple of cartons - is it worth it...?

How much are a pair of decent dump pipes, in mild or stainless? Prefer mild...

Could be a concept! its a big job, probably 4++ hours at least.

the xforce ones are probably the cheepest, and fit very well. you'd most probably only find stainless dumps.

i still think if your doing dumps and you want to run a bit of boost.. get rid of the stock turbos. or dont change the dumps at all..

get your power fc from www.nengun.com

Edited by Angus Smart

I'll be keeping the boost controller: If I find a black one, I'll fit the silver one to Peta's Chaser... They're a good little unit: plenty of people here use them. There's multiple settings for different gears, gain control, etc...

bah.

PFC it is. I see you can get them from Nengun for $920 with the hand controller, and the PFC boost controller is about 350. Pricey - but apparently worth it with a couple of supporting mods. Oh plus $4-500 for some bastard to tune it.