SAU Community

Anyone Suggest Any Good Alarm Installer In Sydney?

Kevin84

Just a little FYI.....

I got an alarm put in for a mazda 323 astina, a rhino GT with 4 door auto window lift, back up battery siren and twin immobolisation with all round central locking including tailgate for $450.

The person that i went to see was Brenton from A & I Auto Electrics in Wetherill Park 0415 540 300... if you're out this way that is.

He has been known to do alot of imports in the area, so yeah... Things like turbo timers, boost gauges, boost controllers, microtech add ons, and other fiddly electrical things lol

Daniel from PPI. as recommended by others on the forum.

I do electronics and other nerdy stuff by trade and he hooked it all up and kept it tidy. Good enough to keep another electrical nerd happy, so I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with his work too.

Oh, and he came it did it at my work, so it wasn't a hassle for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reviving this thread. I need a new alarm for one of my cars.

I've been a big fan of the black widows and had a few, but i'm feeling frisky and might try something else.

can anyone give me feedback on the mongoose m80 and the autowatch alarms? and also who installed it, and how much did it cost including installation. and what did you think of the install?

I'm reviving this thread. I need a new alarm for one of my cars.

I've been a big fan of the black widows and had a few, but i'm feeling frisky and might try something else.

can anyone give me feedback on the mongoose m80 and the autowatch alarms? and also who installed it, and how much did it cost including installation. and what did you think of the install?

I have the m80 in my car and haven't run into a problem with it yet. Fortunately no one has tried to steal my car so I can't comment on the effectiveness in real life situations but I'm sure it will do the job :ermm:

I had Daniel from PPI install mine and was very happy with his service and I think it cost me all up $680 which included alarm, tilt sensors, the ultrasonic sensors and auto window closing control unit.

• 3 weeks later...
As far as I know any sharp tool in the shed could do a killswitch for you. That's just a matter of an open/close circuit on a vital part of the car like the fuel pump, ignition... pretty much anything electronic that would stop your care from starting when the circuit is open.

A good alarm person will install a top alarm such as the m80 mongoose, make sure they mount the control unit in an extremely difficult place to find eg. not in the glove compartment and know what the hell they are doing and be able to run you through everything to do with the alarm.

Daniel came to my house on a Thursday afternoon because he was having difficult fitting me in through the day. Stayed till 10pm to make sure he finished the job and did the m80, tilt sensors, motion sensors, auto window closers and my turbo timer so he knows a good deal of stuff.

hey i know this is an old thread but so many cars gettin stolen and its time for me to get alarm system just wondering how much did ur alarm set you back and this guy your talking about is he a mobile car alarm installer?? did u buy the alarm off him or does he just install them and is he realy good.?

Do it yourself, its easy... and best of all its not a generic installation, i.e. it will be harder for a crook to match up wires because it isn't installed the same way as every other car.

and for God's Sake dont get a mongoose alarm any body...!!!! Everyone has Mongoose this and that, all a crook has to do is BYO mongoose alarm module & remote and away they go!

I highly recommend Allen Jong - Maxi Security - 0419 988 679

Couldnt agree more :thumbsup:

Theres been a few threads about him in the past.. So you can get lots of feedback from there too if you wish..

I recommened him to my friends too and they are really happy with the service!!

what should i look for in an alarm what features

i want the best.

Most important - make sure it has black wiring!!!

Also make sure the install takes more than 3-4 hours. If not, then its a quick job and simply means its been rushed!!

All other features like tilt sensor etc is just up to you if you wish to pay little extra

Edited by siddr20

• 2 weeks later...
Do it yourself, its easy... and best of all its not a generic installation, i.e. it will be harder for a crook to match up wires because it isn't installed the same way as every other car.

and for God's Sake dont get a mongoose alarm any body...!!!! Everyone has Mongoose this and that, all a crook has to do is BYO mongoose alarm module & remote and away they go!

gosh does that mean another party has mg alarm and module and remote, he can unlock a mg alarm secured car easily??

by the way can someone put the pricing up? its seems that everyone is gd so the next to compare the price and the service offer

Call Tony on 0419 997 020, he's worked on my R33 GTSt, R33 GTR, A31 Cefiro, R34 GTR and couple of other nissans.

I've watched him installing the units everytime and the standard of work is second to none, very professional.

Tell him that John with a black Skyline sent you. :)