SAU Community

Nytsky's Engine Build

Hey Dave, what turbo are you running now??

Same as yours mate :laugh: But im already thinking about going to a GT3082. See how we go with this one first.

:laugh: oh good lol

just a question, im thinking of changing the rear housing to a internal gated, with a actuator, and ive been quoted $1000 just to change the rear lol, i was like wtf.. might as well go highmount and its gonna cost me the same thing.

what you reocken?

:laugh: oh good lol

just a question, im thinking of changing the rear housing to a internal gated, with a actuator, and ive been quoted $1000 just to change the rear lol, i was like wtf.. might as well go highmount and its gonna cost me the same thing.

what you reocken?

Well if you go highmount you will need a new manifold(a good one is 1k+) a wastegate($500) new lines and a new dump pipe.

You will need a new dump pipe anyway internal or external. Going external will cost you more but will be a benefit if you plan to go bigger in the future.

Ill get some prices on an internal housing for you.

do wet the wrap as you wrap it.

do not smear silicone on it.

do paint over it with high temp paint if you wish but since you have the black stuff don't bother.

do wear gloves and mask/googles

do not scratch your balls, or pick your bum or rub your eyes or you will end up in a nasty, itchy hell.

do not scratch your balls, or pick your bum or rub your eyes or you will end up in a nasty, itchy hell.

Make sure you wash your hands before you eat very thoroughly! Been there, done that, itchy as hell mouth for days... hard to scratch in there as well :blink:

Same as yours mate :P But im already thinking about going to a GT3082. See how we go with this one first.

I vote, very very very hard - that you DO NOT go GT3082R. Max out the GT3076R first, you may be surprised at what they can do. If its not enough, don't mess about with the GT3082R - go to the GT3582R :banana:

do wet the wrap as you wrap it.

do not smear silicone on it.

do paint over it with high temp paint if you wish but since you have the black stuff don't bother.

I wet wraped mine gets a bit messy with water all over your hand while you try to wrap the man.

Can say ive been there with fiberglass was ripping the interior out of my GT pulling the roof lining off with no carpet in it and the bits of fiberglass on the floor pan and an itcy arse for days lol

Would like to see if he did scratch his nut would be a funny site to see lol

Yes its on the stand in my garage :) The blue is really going to look good against the white engine bay.

I have installed the ARP manifold bolts and trial fitted the manifold and turbo. Now im off to bed, i have alot of running around to do tomorow :D

Very few of them are, including the ones with "made in the usa" on the box. :D

My Pauter rods were made in the California factory ~5 years ago. Price was not much more than Asian manufactured options.

To my knowledge they still make every order to customers' specs at the same factory including titanium alloy if you can afford them (~US$1,400 per rod last time I checked).