SAU Community

Best Car Racing Simulator Games

Dean_HR31

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 hands down,

blu-ray is the future & as it is regionless you can get jap/us games for dirt cheap without worrying bout someone having to chip your console voiding warranties etc Next month sees the new Grand Turismo prologue coming out also...PS3 FTW!!!

Guest trikdoutvl

Rfactor??? neva herd of it..........

im gonna put down the my list of farourite car games in order. these comments are my thoughts PLEASE add to the list if uve played other car games

AWSOME

1. forza 2--- awsome except for no drift mode

2. juiced 2 --- s8 rx7 with veil slide wide body kit INSANE, awsome drifting

3.project gotham 4--- not bad

NOT BAD

1.atv vs mx unleashed- good for a change from cars

2. burnout paradise-- not bad if u like smash n bash

3.flat out---- not a bad demo derby type game

4. project gotham 3.. not bad for a cheap car game

SHIT GAMES

1. need for speed pro street-- f*k i hate this game 120 bucks down the drain

2. nascar 2008 looks good but sucks balls

3.full auto--- garbage one of the first xbox 360 games

I had an Xbox 360 + Forza 2... bought the 360 purely for that... it was great for awhile.

Recently sold it and am soon to grab a PS3 + GT5... its going to be AWESOME.

Guest trikdoutvl

did u notice on the cover of forza2 it says theres a drift mode but there actually aint. forza 2 has so much replay value,,, get there r34 gtr vspec 2 n drop the rwd v8 engine in it and ull neva get boerd.. ive played it for over 60 hours LMAO

PC:

Live for Speed

rFactor

GTR2

GT Legends

XBOX:

Forza2

PS3:

GT5

I own all of them and they're all the best of the best... however, I prefer more simulator type games rather than arcade stuff like NFS etc

The best racing game in the history of the world is without a doubt.

Grand Prix Legends for the pc.

It is a masterpiece. The realism and physics are just incredible.

The amount of time i spend playing that with a wheel when i was younger is uncountable.

Easily the best racing game of all time.

PC:

Live for Speed

rFactor

GTR2

GT Legends

XBOX:

Forza2

PS3:

GT5

I own all of them and they're all the best of the best... however, I prefer more simulator type games rather than arcade stuff like NFS etc

Ok, so Live for speed, R Factor, GTR 2 & GT legends all dont come out on ps3 or xbox 360???

can someone confirm this?? Cos they seem like REALLLYY good games on youtube...

Correct, none of them are on the consoles.

Mainly because of the type of games they are... in the fact that they are simulators and not arcade games, so they appeal to a significantly smaller market.

yup i agree

GTR2 and RFactor on PC

cant go past GT4 and GT5 on the playstation

a little off topic but does anybody have like a cockpit in which the steering wheel is mounted?? if so, did you make it? or did you buy it pre-built?

I want to buy the hyperdrive unit from www.hyperdrive.com.au ... not badly priced :)

For the moment I've got a $10 saw horse hooked up to the PS3 or PC, with display 46inch LCD. You'd be surprised as to how well the saw horse works :)

post-2327-1206653450_thumb.jpg

Edited by TommO

I've made a cockpit from tubular aluminium with a recaro racing seat bolted into it. It all sits on castor wheels that I can easily wheel in and out of my dedicated home theatre room sporting a 120" projector screen.

I've had some intense GTR2 racing sessions not to mention a full GTR2 24 hour race.

When I get a chance I'll upload some pics.

Oh and GTR2 is to date the best Racing Sim I have played. I am now keen to try live for speed.

I want to buy the hyperdrive unit from www.hyperdrive.com.au ... not badly priced :)

For the moment I've got a $10 saw horse hooked up to the PS3 or PC, with display 46inch LCD. You'd be surprised as to how well the saw horse works :)

I want to buy the hyperdrive unit from www.hyperdrive.com.au ... not badly priced :D

For the moment I've got a $10 saw horse hooked up to the PS3 or PC, with display 46inch LCD. You'd be surprised as to how well the saw horse works :D

yeh the hyperdrive one looks really basic. ive got a spare bucket seat so i jsut want some ideas and time to get around to building the thing

there is a place i was looking at that makes the full cockpit but it was like $1000 and i couldnt justify paying that, although admittedly it comes with the g25 steering wheel.

hahaha looks good! man that is so close to the screen. is that how you play it??

I've made a cockpit from tubular aluminium with a recaro racing seat bolted into it. It all sits on castor wheels that I can easily wheel in and out of my dedicated home theatre room sporting a 120" projector screen.

I've had some intense GTR2 racing sessions not to mention a full GTR2 24 hour race.

When I get a chance I'll upload some pics.

Oh and GTR2 is to date the best Racing Sim I have played. I am now keen to try live for speed.

yeh cant wait for some pics!