SAU Community

Remove

Depends very much on how you drive it.

If you have only owned it for 2weeks.The first thing i would have done was a full service ie:

Oil

Oil filter

Air filter

Coolant

Plugs

02 sensor

That way you know the basics are done and you can work from there to find your fuel economy problem.

Try harder... I went through $80 of petrol in the first 3 days I owned mine! lol

~350-380kms / tank isn't a surprise these days for me.

See what happens when you're not so new to the power and (I assume) giving it to it :)

13L / 100kms

Filled up, hit reset on the trip meter, drove around all week, got 399km on the trip meter, refilled again and it took 52L to fill.

52L / 399kms x 100 = 13.03L /100km

that's mixed freeway and city driving.

comparing economy is useless unless you take into account several things.

city or highway miles? (obvious and very important)

short or medium/long duration? (far more important than ppl think)

how do you drive? are you the first off the lights? how often do you see boost/high rpm?

what mods are done?

the first few weeks i had my car, i was getting between 180 - 250 kms per tank. these days i get about 350kms to a tank, with more mods, more boost, more power. that includes NO highway miles.

Edited by Munkyb0y

comparing economy is useless unless you take into account several things.

city or highway miles? (obvious and very important)

short or medium/long duration? (far more important than ppl think)

how do you drive? are you the first off the lights? how often do you see boost/high rpm?

what mods are done?

True That.... Most of my driving is around 20-30min trips with long times off boost. I only go to the redline 5-10 times a tank...

When I have been sitting on the highway on lovely long easy drives (to Canberra) I have seen as much as 600km a tank... Then again, on a cruise I got as low as 340km (slightly more spirited :D)

After some servicing my mileage improved. I've seen as much as 500km a tank. Driving like a granny helps. With Skylines they're not as thirsty as you'd think, but when you open the taps they can be like a V8 on fuel.

my last tank i got 430km's.. and i was not taking it easy either.. with the boost turned up to around 350rwkw.

its all in the tune!

as reputable as you are. i dont belive u untill i see it with my own eyes. simply for the fact that if my r33 185rwkw conservativly can only make 460/klms sydney west driving with me rolling in neutral every where i could. though hardly any of those klms were hwy. i can hardly see a car that is making 350rwkw making it that far, with as u say, "not driven easily". you were no doubt rolling everywhere i would think.

have you have changed things like gearing in the drivetrain, 02 sensors ra ra ra?

skylines are petrol whores to say the least.

12.5 l/100km, mathmatical average over 35000km. This includes all tuning and motorsports activities. Worst result was around 19, best around 10.

Driver behaviour has a lot to do with it.

you know thats worse than a ss 6.0l in fuel consumption.

wow i have a gts n im only getting round 300km a tank, city driving, short trips and only revin out at about 3 3n a half thousand.

city driving and short trips are the worst combo for economy. short trips means you're running on the cold (rich) maps. city driving means stop start traffic, and nowhere to gain momentum.

but who gives a shit really. its a turbo skyline at the end of the day. enjoy it.

ive stopped caring about how much fuel i go through.

Edited by Munkyb0y