SAU Community

Gtr Rb26dett Or Supra 2jz

RB26DETT or 2JZ  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

for me (after driving both) the GTR - as mentioned it has usable back seats + nicer driving position, nicely balanced cars.

BTW - my 1989 GTR is making in excess of 500hp (has been for ages) and it is fine? yes - it's internally stock, bolt on's only. I'd be interested to see what RIPS has to say about all the comments of RB's not withstanding more than 499.99hp stock before letting go of their lunches LOL

Ah now now now... don't be playing those kinda games with everyone :D

If my RB26 ever breaks (unlikely given I've only done 5000km driving in the last 4 years, and easy stuff at that) I'm goign to drop in something a little different.

Only 5,000's kms and your gonna say its been fine for ages? Of course it has... you never drive it and as you put it, it rarely would see 500hp!!!!!! :down:

Drive it hard for 20,000 and then come and let us know how the rebuild went please :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoke to CRD a few days ago and they too agreed that stock vs stock the 2JZ has a stronger bottom end and that they have built some 2JZ Supra's with 800HP at the wheels on standard internals and are daily drivers with no issue.

When comparing Modified Vs Modified, CRD said that they will both cost almost the same to build and thats when the RB26 becomes the leader of the pack. The use of the 4WD system in the GTR is far more advanced than the Supra's RWD system therefore getting the power to the ground a lot better. However, with 80% more moving parts in the GTR's running gear also increases the probability of breaking something. The Supra's Getrag 6 spd gear box has been one of the worlds strongest gear boxes supporting 1000HP+ however once boost comes on, traction goes out the window.

UPDATE

Yesterday after work i was lucky enough to meet one of my friends cousins that owns an R32 GTR V-Spec II with extensive mods done by C&V Performance. I was talking to him for a while and he told me that with the stock internals he managed to get 280aw/kw and ran a constant low 11s at WSID. Now he has a full build with a single T51R making 500aw/kw!

Stage 1 setup contained:

Stock RB26DETT

Stock injectors

Stock FMIC

Garrett 2560r 300Hp Turbos

Z32 AFM

Apexi PFC

3" Exhaust

EBC

Made 280aw/kw @ 17psi

Ran low 11s @ WSID

Build Cost: $8000

Stage 2 setup contained:

RB 26/30 Build

Forged internals

HKS T51R

1000cc Injectors

Haltech E11.V2 ECU

Made 500aw/kw @ 24psi

Ran 9.9 @ WSID on street trim

Build Cost: $35000!

He took me for a drive in this machine and let me tell you... THIS GTR HAULS LIKE AN F22 FIGHTER JET!

Ah now now now... don't be playing those kinda games with everyone :)

Only 5,000's kms and your gonna say its been fine for ages? Of course it has... you never drive it and as you put it, it rarely would see 500hp!!!!!! :D

Drive it hard for 20,000 and then come and let us know how the rebuild went please :no:

Quite right - but am I mistaken drawing from the comments that rb26's spit the dummy when stock with anything near/ over 500hp? lot of people are quick to jump on that wagon. besides, my example did not refer to how long, as the indications are as soon as you go to that level its imminent destruction regardless...

no - I don't drop the clutch at 8500rpm as it is not a race car.

Just making my own point.

Quite right - but am I mistaken drawing from the comments that rb26's spit the dummy when stock with anything near/ over 500hp? lot of people are quick to jump on that wagon. besides, my example did not refer to how long, as the indications are as soon as you go to that level its imminent destruction regardless...

no - I don't drop the clutch at 8500rpm as it is not a race car.

Just making my own point.

People aren't saying 500hp - BOOM.

They are saying that get one making 500hp for any decent length of time… simply doesn’t happen.

They all die eventually, be that 5,000, 10,000 or 20,000kms

So to claim that they "can" make 500hp is one thing, anyone can do that… but I think when people quite a figure of what a motor can "make", its make in terms of some remote level of reliability beyond 20,000kms just to put a rough number to it

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Your reply would have to be the most honest so far. I am going to talk to a few supra owners as well as some tuning shops to see what they cost to reach the 500HP mark. I will also test drive a couple of worked GTR's for comparison.

If a stock '01 Supra is going to cost me near $40G's whats another 8 - 10G's for an R34 GTR? I have yet to see a supra own a GTR off the lights :laugh:

Thanks

where the f**k does this supra costing 40 grand come from? they cost f**ken 20 grand for a decent one and 23-25 max WDF where does 40 grand come in? the last time i've seen em sell for 40 grand was about 6 years ago.

Driving round in a wale supra will never compare to driving round in the racing legend R32 GTR.....

buy the car u like man, and the one u like to feel of.

I really dont think you can compare a GTR to a supra. Supra and RX7 is good to compare. GTR's are a class of there own.

u can have 300awkw, be siting at a stand sit, rev her up to 7k-8k and side step it, and BAM your off and flying. Go do that in a supra.... youll just end up mounting the gutter

so a supra is a whale, but its comparable to an RX7???

and if you end up mounting a gutter its coz your a girly man who cant steer :happy: a well setup rwd car with some decent tyres can still launch just fine

i call supra's wales aways have, u can call em what u want.

U tell me.... whats easyer to launch a AWD car or a RWD car.....? thats all i was tryin to make with my point.

But than again you prob would be able to rev limiter dump your NA VL.... it would prob lauch pritty well.......making that massive 90rwkw

Driving round in a wale supra will never compare to driving round in the racing legend R32 GTR.....

buy the car u like man, and the one u like to feel of.

I really dont think you can compare a GTR to a supra. Supra and RX7 is good to compare. GTR's are a class of there own.

u can have 300awkw, be siting at a stand sit, rev her up to 7k-8k and side step it, and BAM your off and flying. Go do that in a supra.... youll just end up mounting the gutter

Turn volume up....stock gearbox...thats all

Turn volume up....stock gearbox...thats all

Ahhhh here we go.......

Turn the Volume up DUDE.....

Any car is fast when u spend 150k on it.

I thought this was stock vs stock, and streetable mod vs streetable mod.

All im sayin is u cant compare driving the racing legend, and a rwd car..... any rwd can not only the sup

^^ Lol sounds like an Auto? Stock Auto box?? Ohh gtr dont come auto...GTsT Auto? lol..

Point of my vid, is its running a Stock gearbox..Anyways....my imput: might be biased but Supra...stronger, funner, more reliable, probably better on fuel too...still not bad for a track car (Im doing 1:07 at Wakefield in my relativley stock [gt35r, injectors/pump, ecu, semi slicks and coilovers]...not many GTR's doing those times with more mods) and too heavy? its lighter than a GTR....mine weighs 1440kg...

^^ Lol sounds like an Auto? Stock Auto box?? Ohh gtr dont come auto...GTsT Auto? lol..

Point of my vid, is its running a Stock gearbox..Anyways....my imput: might be biased but Supra...stronger, funner, more reliable, probably better on fuel too...still not bad for a track car (Im doing 1:07 at Wakefield in my relativley stock [gt35r, injectors/pump, ecu, semi slicks and coilovers]...not many GTR's doing those times with more mods) and too heavy? its lighter than a GTR....mine weighs 1440kg...

Yer man your right.... your are lighter..... but you seem to be missing something.... mite not be a big deal to all you V8 supercar drivers out there but... i think its plays a decent part....

The Front Diff, and everything that gose with it!!! When u take out everything involed with the front diff in a gtr, it would be lighter than a supra.....

and i never said anything bad about there handling or that they are no good for track.... So u can rant as much as you want about it.

So you are saying you don't have the skill to launch a RWD? :P

All im sayin is gtr launch better than a supra. Stock Vs Stock, or streetable Vs Streetable.

Sure Throw some Micky T's on and load it up with a launch control system, you got yourself a quick car.... the prob is a GTR would most like pull the same 60ft with a decent set of street tyres on it.

And ive been driving RWD cars for years dude, Including my S13 drift car which i take to Eastern Creek Skid Pan on a monthly bases.......

Yer man your right.... your are lighter..... but you seem to be missing something.... mite not be a big deal to all you V8 supercar drivers out there but... i think its plays a decent part....

The Front Diff, and everything that gose with it!!! When u take out everything involed with the front diff in a gtr, it would be lighter than a supra.....

and i never said anything bad about there handling or that they are no good for track.... So u can rant as much as you want about it.

yes the GTR may very well be lighter without half its drivetrain, but then you'd just be driving a more powerful gts-t, not your god-like gtr

But than again you prob would be able to rev limiter dump your NA VL.... it would prob lauch pritty well.......making that massive 90rwkw

see, shit like that tells me your one of those people that thinks he's better than everyone else coz of the car you drive, so that instantly makes most of what your saying invalid. its an R32 dude, not 'the racing legend', get the f*ck over yourself

btw the vl is long gone, and i doubt it had anywhere near 90rwkw. i'm actually driving a much slower, more girly car atm

yes the GTR may very well be lighter without half its drivetrain, but then you'd just be driving a more powerful gts-t, not your god-like gtr

see, shit like that tells me your one of those people that thinks he's better than everyone else coz of the car you drive, so that instantly makes most of what your saying invalid. its an R32 dude, not 'the racing legend', get the f*ck over yourself

btw the vl is long gone, and i doubt it had anywhere near 90rwkw. i'm actually driving a much slower, more girly car atm

.... last i checked this was skylines australia.......... (cough) wat are you doing here......

sorry to the pour fella that started this thread... people like this bloke coming in with ever random crap he can come up with.....

http://www.thegodzilla.com/race-history-of-the-godzilla.php ..... it is a God hahaha

ok champ :( your car is the greatest thing i ever built, i know absolutely nothing automotive related, and i shall never return to SAU.

diplomacy ftmfl :)

ok champ :) your car is the greatest thing i ever built, i know absolutely nothing automotive related, and i shall never return to SAU.

diplomacy ftmfl :D

did u build my car? do u work in nissan factory?

wateva aye.... :(