SAU Community

How To: Remove Reversing Beep In R33

Jack88

well seems no one else will do it i did. heres what you need to do to remove the reversing beep and the reversing beep only.

To start off with sick your head under the steering collum,the box you are looking for sits right up on top of the steering collum on the right hand side (above your right hand leg when your sitting in the car).

The box your looking for looks like this

dscn009884ze3.jpg

In the picture above the white plug faces the firewall.

unplug the plug from the box and pull away some of the insulation tape,proceed to cut the RED wire only,this is the trigger wire for the reversing beep.tape the live end up and plug it back into the box and your all done.

dscn010104qa8.jpg

Jack

taht will stop the beep when u leave ur lights on...im pretty sure...cos i wanted to do the same thing but was told that it gets rid of the lights beep

yeh they have a beep for everything, lights left one, reversing and leaving your keys in the egnition

i have a manual 33, it has the beep for keys in the ignition while the door is open and headlights while door is open but not reverse.

taht will stop the beep when u leave ur lights on...im pretty sure...cos i wanted to do the same thing but was told that it gets rid of the lights beep

This will only remove the reversing beep.the lights on beep uses a different buzzer.

I never knew that was an option in the 33's....Never came across a 33 with it.

The reversing beep is only in the auto R33's

Jack

I can confirm that the reversing beep sound is a feature only in Auto R33's... I love it... it have syncronised it with my reversing camera - works great... I've bought a unit to auto turn off lamps after 5 minutes as well... like the Mercs... damn great...

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned the beep that sounds when the door is open, with keys in the ignition................I (and I assume others) like to sit with the door open and legs out the door occasionly, listening to the radio. Is there a way to stop this particular beeping......MY GOD IT'S ANNOYING!!

Someone mentioned the beep that sounds when the door is open, with keys in the ignition................I (and I assume others) like to sit with the door open and legs out the door occasionly, listening to the radio. Is there a way to stop this particular beeping......MY GOD IT'S ANNOYING!!

yes there is my friend.ill add how to remove that beep to this tut soon.

Jack

• 1 month later...
Guest Rotary20B

That's right, its a warning that it is in reverse, not a warning for pedestrians etc behind the car.

It can be heard inside, but you can't really hear it outside the car

• 4 weeks later...
yes there is my friend.ill add how to remove that beep to this tut soon.

Jack

any update on that? i too like leaving the doors open to listen to music for a bit..

Cheers

Ric

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, just joined here and thought i would give my feed back.

I just bought a 33 on the weekend, its a manual and it beeps as im reversing, glad to hear that you can get rid of it. Its quite annoying :cool:

Unfortunately it sounds like your car has been converted to a manual (mine has been to), it got done at the dealer. I found out after i brought it, because of this reason my car over revs in 5th, because they didn't change the entire thing. I have asked a few mechanics that deal with skylines regularly, and they came up with these reasons.

That's right, its a warning that it is in reverse, not a warning for pedestrians etc behind the car.

I think thats correct about the warning... even though how annoying it is

Yes u cant hear it outside, i get comments from passengers that my car is a truck, it is annoying as. i might try that wire cutting. Sounds like a plan. so thanks.

Edited by Timmy21

• 3 months later...

Arrgh one of the more annoying features... a beep INSIDE the car for idiots that don't know they are in reverse...

There is actually a warning in the car's handbook (which I have a translated version of) that mentions this fact that it can only be heard inside the vehicle.. so funny, so useless.

Some of the other illustrations in the handbook are very amusing..

Stagea Handbook but applies to Skyline as well.

I will be clipping this wire methinks.. hope it's the same colour on Stagea.