SAU Community

Car Alarms

Hi all,

Just wondering peoples oppinions on car alarms ive had the mongoose m80 before and hated it and i hear about alarms shitting themself every now and then ones that have heaps of features like pager and all that. I was thinking of hidden fuel cut switch, imobilizer and tracking (the one that was on group buy a while back). Any feed back would be good and/or a recommended person to do the job.

Cheers.

hey scott,

check out security in motion too...theyve been highly recommended to me by forum members.

their site is in the security + car audio section.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for security in motion.

$450 for the premium Autowatch (best on the market I fink) alarm system or $850 with the tracking module. This is for an r34 gtt ..pricing for your car may be different (cheaper?)

autowatch is nolonger apparently.. i have one atm and looking to upgrade to the best thing i can find :) too much at risk these days... under a grand or no car... i no what im choosing :) what and where do i look?>

autowatch is nolonger apparently.. i have one atm and looking to upgrade to the best thing i can find :( too much at risk these days... under a grand or no car... i no what im choosing :) what and where do i look?>

brant you mean. spoke to autowatch yesterday to place an order.

went broke well over two years ago. a couple of sydney people bought it and were operating it out of a garage for a while but last I heard it was all over. the local guys lost $100k or better each and there were 5 of them doing it.

Ehhh??? I had a Brant car alarm fitted to one of my cars only 4 months ago and they did a bloody excellent job for a company that is out of business...

I think you may find that you are wrong there.

They still have a website up as well (www.brant.com.au) if you wish to confirm.

I highly recommend them. Great products, great service, and they can come to you if you wish (I had it fitted while at work)

• 1 year later...
Ehhh??? I had a Brant car alarm fitted to one of my cars only 4 months ago and they did a bloody excellent job for a company that is out of business...

I think you may find that you are wrong there.

They still have a website up as well (www.brant.com.au) if you wish to confirm.

I highly recommend them. Great products, great service, and they can come to you if you wish (I had it fitted while at work)

Lol some say that Brant is sh*t and some highly recommend them...zzz..... What to choose ? And hi Chris , should i go for Autowatch Alarm or just get an aftermarket alarm ??? What do you reckon? I prefer both security and also need to be compliant with insurer .... Any helps would be appreciated !!

I had a Brant (in reality just a re-badged Sanji alarm), but have since moved to an Autowatch - though I did keep the key-pad based immobiliser - it's kinda cool .. hehe.

Autowatch is awesome - highly recommended to anyone.

as someone who used to fit for brant years ago I can honestly say I have fitted better more reliable alarms over the years than that thing. teh remotes were crap the electronics weren't much better.

autowatch is my preference for security though I do sell Viper and mongoose as well for those that want it.

I get pissed off when i hear Brant.

i called them when i needed an alarm to be fitted in my previous skyline.

i asked whoever it was that picked up the phone, if they had a basic alarm or immobiliser.

He then asked my budget and i said $300? Then guy started laughing and said i would never get an alarm from that much.

He just hung up the phone. Sounded so unprofessional.

BTW, i did not know they only sell very expensive alarms. i thought they might also have basic ones like every other company does.

I would also suggest Autowatch.

have used them in most of our cars back home (south africa) and i think they are made there lol

was surprised to find them here.

Edited by SL33K

where are you?

Im at Melb , Chris . I wish i could go to Brisbane so i definitely look for you to take care of my car haha !!! Well .... Could you give me info about the Autowatch alarms ? Which is good to get ? :P Thanks