Ecutalk Consult Lcd V2 Displays

NewKleer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

btw, have decided not to do another batch of displays in the short term (probably not till next year if i do), need time to work on the firmware rather than making the displays, so if ive told anyone therell be another batch at end of year there wont be any more - ive still got around 15 of this batch left

will probably make a batch of usb consult interfaces as people still have to pay >$100 for one (or use usb/serial adaptor) which is a bit much for something everyone (who doesnt have a lcd display!) should have.

• 2 weeks later...

and thats the last display of this batch sold, have donated $145 for the 29 purchases in this GB

hope to make another batch of displays at some point, but not before the issues with the enclosures are resolved. check the website every couple of months to see if there are firmware updates

anyone who wants to be put on the waiting list for a display for next batch, either pm me here or send email to peter @ ecutalk.com (with link to your forum profile) and ill add you to the list and notify you when next batch is done

in the meantime ive got a batch of USB consult cables on the way (and serial ones to follow in a few weeks), although the AUD drops made it hard to keep costs down, should have USB around $60 (usb memory stick 'with cord out the end' style) and serial $45 (circuit in connector style like last lot). will post another thread for them when available

• 4 weeks later...
in the meantime ive got a batch of USB consult cables on the way (and serial ones to follow in a few weeks), although the AUD drops made it hard to keep costs down, should have USB around $60 (usb memory stick 'with cord out the end' style) and serial $45 (circuit in connector style like last lot). will post another thread for them when available

Any progress on these?

on the issue of some peoples enclosures deforming in heat (ive already emailed everyone about this):

we've only had a mild (25C) sunny day at best (today is 35 but mostly cloudy) since i received 30 enclosures of a few different materials to try out, so it has been a bit hard to test, but in direct sunlight on the 25C day, of the 3 different enclosures, 1 'opened' up about 6mm on one side, and the other 2 opened only a mm or two - assuming they werent already opened slightly to begin with - so then neither of the enclosures are significantly better than the current one probably (and next hot and sunny day ill test them all out together and compare to current one - im not sure yet if they are any better than it)

but whether theyre better or not, i can send them out as replacements for anyone who wants one, and hopefully if theyre kept out of direct sunlight and hopefully any other intense heat, theyll survive well enough until i get ones that are better suited. 10 are white, 20 are black, so those with blue lcd may want the white box (though i dont imagine ill get any other white ones)

still working on alternative ones though (and wont be making another batch of displays until i have a suitable enclosure)

on the issue of some peoples enclosures deforming in heat (ive already emailed everyone about this):

we've only had a mild (25C) sunny day at best (today is 35 but mostly cloudy) since i received 30 enclosures of a few different materials to try out, so it has been a bit hard to test, but in direct sunlight on the 25C day, of the 3 different enclosures, 1 'opened' up about 6mm on one side, and the other 2 opened only a mm or two - assuming they werent already opened slightly to begin with - so then neither of the enclosures are significantly better than the current one probably (and next hot and sunny day ill test them all out together and compare to current one - im not sure yet if they are any better than it)

but whether theyre better or not, i can send them out as replacements for anyone who wants one, and hopefully if theyre kept out of direct sunlight and hopefully any other intense heat, theyll survive well enough until i get ones that are better suited. 10 are white, 20 are black, so those with blue lcd may want the white box (though i dont imagine ill get any other white ones)

still working on alternative ones though (and wont be making another batch of displays until i have a suitable enclosure)

I dont know how big your enclosures are but i do remember seeing some alloy ones at jaycar (dont know if you have jaycar stores in nsw) maybe they will have to be your final option.

ok so i got a black polycarbonate enclosure to test out, its good for another 50C on top of the normal ones, and so i left it with the others in the sun in my car yesterday. internal air temp was ~55, and the enclosures themselves were 90C on the dash.

the 2 normal plastic ones fully opened up. one 'hi temp' ABS deformed one one side, but didnt fully unbend, and the good news, the polycarbonate one was absolutely fine.

the only downside of the polycarbonate one is that its a gloss finish (like phones etc that u get fingerprints on), and you notice scratches a bit more, but i dont think anyone would mind that.

ive got about 25 enclosures then i can send out to people to use in the meantime, but ill aim to get a batch of polycarbonate ones (unless i can get them done locally), hopefully within next couple months (not sure what the lead times are).

ill send email around to everyone today just asking anyone with a deformed enclosure to confirm their address and ill send another out (obviously keep it out of direct sunlight etc until the final enclosures arrive).

• 1 month later...

ive put in an order for the black polycarbonate enclosures, which i should have around mid-end February, so i can send replacements for anyone having issues with heat/deforming, and also one step closer for making the next batch of displays.