SAU Community

Rs4s Brakes

pork hunt drifting

need to get new pads n rotors for the stag. the guy i bought it off said hed put new pads on it but obviously didnt as they wore through the other day. ive heard the s model runs slightly bigger brakes? can anyone recomend where to go in adelaide or what will fit ect.

need urgent, my only car at the moment. thats drivable anyway :laugh:

so can i get factory pads n rotors from nissan?

If they are the same as my RS4T then:

Front rotors: DBA 4909SR and DBA4909SL (left and right) ...no longer certain about numbers for rears. BUT check prices and dimensions (esp offset on rears) before you buy.

I think they are the same as S14 200SX (if they are more common in Australia)

But double check... thre has been much confusion

ABS brake services city branch (in adelaide) got me a set of pads in for the front of my 97 s1 stagea within a couple of hours. And they are Lucas Premium pads so they are not to bad....

S2's a a bit different but how much did they charge you by the way? All 4 corners?

ABS brake services city branch (in adelaide) got me a set of pads in for the front of my 97 s1 stagea within a couple of hours. And they are Lucas Premium pads so they are not to bad....

ok i found the genuine pads for bout $200 but guy at sprint said he could do lucas for $100 set.

the dba 4909sr is looking promising. nissan said the 4 must stand for 4000 series? 909 is the rotor and sr stans for sloted rotor, but hes unsure if its the right one.

i gave the number to sprint he said that sounds bout right and he could get them but for twice the price as i could. and that was from qweensland friction manufactures. can anyone else add to this to confirm these rotors fitting cause i wont be able to return them.

by the way i would take them off and have them matched up but its the only car i got roadworthy at the moment.

ok i found the genuine pads for bout $200 but guy at sprint said he could do lucas for $100 set.

the dba 4909sr is looking promising. nissan said the 4 must stand for 4000 series? 909 is the rotor and sr stans for sloted rotor, but hes unsure if its the right one.

i gave the number to sprint he said that sounds bout right and he could get them but for twice the price as i could. and that was from qweensland friction manufactures. can anyone else add to this to confirm these rotors fitting cause i wont be able to return them.

by the way i would take them off and have them matched up but its the only car i got roadworthy at the moment.

These are for front only. S = slotted l=left r=right a= heat treated (optional, more expensive but better). I believe these are made in Australia so you may be able to track down the manufacturer or else try some other auto parts places (not Nissan).

p.s. If you are on a budget (for now) and not intending to hammer the brakes you could see if the rotors could be machined.

Lucas pads FTW!!!!

They are pre-baked so the break in period is bugger all compared to other pads. Not too dusty either IMO.

A member here in WA gets his brake pads rebonded for about $60 per set so maybe PM chuckie for future reference.

• 2 weeks later...

ok the rotors took two weeks but finally here. ive just sat one of them over the ones that are currently on my car and they seem to be 1 maybe 2 mm smaller, but i do have a big lip on the edge so f*k nows. im having troble geting the original ones off ive bashed em slide hammerd em sprayed em WTF. i dont have to take the hub nut off do i?

has anyone else had to bash em off? they do look fairly corroded around the inner edge.

lucas pads no is db1439 off navara.

DBA 4909SR is what i ordered from nissan QFM slot em.

any hints or tips on getting these rotors off asap appreciated

ok ok ok. this is f**kt up. went out and with a bit of frustration i got the rotors off. then put new ones on then went to put pads on and the lucas pads no i just gave to yas is no good. they look the part but there about 3mm to long and wont fit the calipers. so now im putting my shitty brakes bak togetha and back to were i began. ;):D:):bunny::bunny::bunny::):down:

Shoulda checked the brake sticky dude, we just covered S2 stagea rotors. The front rotor is 49mm offset not 54 like silvia/skyline.

The only rotors i could find that would fit are genuine nissan or imported from japan specifically for S2 stageas.

DBA dont make a rotor that fits.

I fitted dixcel slotted rotors and wedsport sc pads.