SAU Community

High Mount Factory Turbo

HKS_25T

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has Hi-Flowed the factory RB25 T3 and then slapped it on a High Mount Manifold + converted to external gate by welding up the internal one?

Just a wacky idea i came up with that might have good results , ide like to know if anyone has seen this or done this before. Ive seen this on low mount mani's but nevr a high mount.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yeah, the only reason highmounts exist is because the turbos are too large to fit beside the engine... it'd still be the crappy factory turbo, ready to poo its ceramic gizzards into the engine at the hint of upped boost.

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has Hi-Flowed the factory RB25 T3 and then slapped it on a High Mount Manifold + converted to external gate by welding up the internal one?

Just a wacky idea i came up with that might have good results , ide like to know if anyone has seen this or done this before. Ive seen this on low mount mani's but nevr a high mount.

Lol, please don't.

Good beer indeed.

Adriano has a point. I got a hks t45s that is a lowmount. (which is one of hks' first big turbos, similar size to a t78 I think)

Which brings the question "is a highmount really necessary for most vehicles?"....

To answer original question though, tiny high mount turbos are like showing off a small penis definitely.

Which brings the question "is a highmount really necessary for most vehicles?"....

I was looking into this and was advised that sticking a lot of really hot metal tube just below the bonnet can make a mess of your paint. (assuming you are using a manifold made from tube instead of a cast item)

Edited by TiTAN

Good beer indeed.

Adriano has a point. I got a hks t45s that is a lowmount. (which is one of hks' first big turbos, similar size to a t78 I think)

To answer original question though, tiny high mount turbos are like showing off a small penis definitely.

So therefore a big turbo should be highmounted, because a big penis should be showed off?